Obama met by pro-gun protests at scene of latest school shooting in Oregon

Lite Beer

If there was a chance of being attacked with a flame thrower, it might be sensible to carry a fire extinguisher.

Not doing so could be considered "pretty dumb".

Some Americans conceal carry a gun, visibly carry a fire extinguisher while lugging a TOW anti-tank platform on their back cause one can never be too safe with all the crackpots out there showing up with guns.

wink.png

Well, I would hope the Army and/or the Marines have the tanks covered, although I worked with a guy a few years ago who owned WW2 German tank.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly 2 students in the classroom had personal handguns on them. They didn't pull them out on the attacker because they were scared.

I'm on the fence when it comes to gun ownership. I live in NJ and we have the strictest gun laws in n America. I don't want to live in a country where everybody has a gun on their side.

I've noticed that we have a lot of angry young guys today. Nobody has brought this up, but many guys today in America are angry at the women. I mean to the point that the anger is boiling in their veins. These guys are loners with few or no friends. They haven't even kissed a girl before. So, this is an issue that is going to be difficult to remedy. Women today in America are brutal. If you don't look a certain way and have money they will be downright mean.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Supposedly 2 students in the classroom had personal handguns on them. They didn't pull them out on the attacker because they were scared.

I'm on the fence when it comes to gun ownership. I live in NJ and we have the strictest gun laws in n America. I don't want to live in a country where everybody has a gun on their side.

I've noticed that we have a lot of angry young guys today. Nobody has brought this up, but many guys today in America are angry at the women. I mean to the point that the anger is boiling in their veins. These guys are loners with few or no friends. They haven't even kissed a girl before. So, this is an issue that is going to be difficult to remedy. Women today in America are brutal. If you don't look a certain way and have money they will be downright mean.

Conservative or rightwing guyz were perpetually frustrated to no end while I wuz in college during the late 1960s and I'd noticed it's only become worse. Conservative and rightwing frustrated boyz need to learn to say no to their rightwing fathers, their Norman Bates mothers and their Confederate flag uncles.

It's a large population so for every lunatic kid mass murderer there are millions of young Americans who are exactly the opposite, and millions more that are nothing like it.

If there's a report supporting the first sentence of the post you'd need to find at least one. Trouble is, so far there is noting to support even a "supposedly."

Edited by Publicus

Conservative or rightwing guyz were perpetually frustrated to no end while I wuz in college during the late 1960s and I'd noticed it's only become worse. Conservative and rightwing frustrated boyz need to learn to say no to their rightwing fathers, their Norman Bates mothers and their Confederate flag uncles.

It's a large population so for every lunatic kid mass murderer there are millions of young Americans who are exactly the opposite, and millions more that are nothing like it.

If there's a report supporting the first sentence of the post you'd need to find at least one. Trouble is, so far there is noting to support even a "supposedly."

http://www.newsweek.com/weapons-common-oregon-college-campus-despite-gun-free-zone-379860

The college was a gun free zone, but it was known that many students were packing. Yet, no one pulled out their gun. Why? Because it's much harder to kill someone and most people don't have the balls to do it. Especially if you're young and inexperienced.

The college grounds are not gun free. The college has, however, declared their classroom facilities as being gun free.

Thee were some guns on the grounds but none in the immediate area of the shootings.

One former US military member had a weapon on him but was in another building some 100-200 yards from the actual shooting. He started to go to the shooting when he saw SWAT members and was concerned they might think he was the shooter so, wisely, chose not to intervene.

Edited by chuckd

The college grounds are not gun free. The college has, however, declared their classroom facilities as being gun free.

Thee were some guns on the grounds but none in the immediate area of the shootings.

One former US military member had a weapon on him but was in another building some 100-200 yards from the actual shooting. He started to go to the shooting when he saw SWAT members and was concerned they might think he was the shooter so, wisely, chose not to intervene.

Thanks for clarifying what I said.

Just as the time came for an Obamacare program and marriage equality, the time will come when the society as a whole will retake the Second Amendment back from the wackobird extremists.

Well, thank God and the NRA we won't see that take place in our lifetimes...

Some crackpot with a gun enabled by the NRA may cause your prediction to become a sudden and deadly reality for you, I, or for someone you or I know --or do not know.

Shouldn't. Unless the NRA is here in LOS too?

Gun-grabbers are on the wrong side of this issue. Just have a look at supposedly 'gun free' OZ?

Right wing this, left wing that. Blah Blah Blah.

The left wing has its own problems with the new age liberal hipsters taking over the mantle from unwashed hippie burn out boyz from the 60s who never said no to their Commie fathers and Charlie Manson mothers.

One isn't better than the other. At the moment, they are both part of the problem, not the solution.

Edited by 55Jay