Alleged Nauru rape victim arrives in Australia for abortion

webfact

Alleged Nauru rape victim arrives in Australia for abortion

(BBC)A Somali refugee who became pregnant after allegedly being raped on Nauru has arrived in Australia for an abortion.

The woman, 23, had appealed for weeks to be transferred from the island, part of Australia's offshore network housing people seeking asylum.

Australia's top court is currently reviewing the legality of the centres.

Thousands of Australians rallied over the weekend in support of refugees and demanding their closure.

Meanwhile Nauru has dismissed another Somali refugee's allegation she was raped.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34502142

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-10-12

Any information from the victim as to who raped her?

It is too easy to get pregnant with unwanted child.

Not so easy to avoid temptation at 23 with hot African blood in hot Nauru climate.

No offence meant. Just trying to be objective.

Not so easy to avoid temptation at 23 with hot African blood in hot Nauru climate.

Yes you are being offensive with your usual smart arse commentary.

Nearly all offences against detainees are by detention staff, although one detainee has been accused of rape. Compounding the problems, staff who wish to highlight the abuse are not permitted to talk with media and subject to two years sentence if they do so. Medical staff treating traumatised children from Naura in Oz have refused to sign-off their transfer back to Naura.

A quote from a media report...

"Many of the complaints by female asylum seekers revolve around Nauruan guards employed by Australian contractors Wilson Security and Transfield Services, with allegations of drunkenness and lechery. Twelve guards have been sacked by those companies for misconduct"

Yes you are being offensive with your usual smart arse commentary.

Nearly all offences against detainees are by detention staff, although one detainee has been accused of rape. Compounding the problems, staff who wish to highlight the abuse are not permitted to talk with media and subject to two years sentence if they do so. Medical staff treating traumatised children from Naura in Oz have refused to sign-off their transfer back to Naura.

A quote from a media report...

"Many of the complaints by female asylum seekers revolve around Nauruan guards employed by Australian contractors Wilson Security and Transfield Services, with allegations of drunkenness and lechery. Twelve guards have been sacked by those companies for misconduct"

If you could leave my "smart arse" alone I might overlook your being number one simple.

Go back to my first line: 'Any information from the victim as to who raped her?'

Try to apply your simplicity to OP saying "ALLEGED" and look up the meaning of the word.

Even if allegations of misconduct, drunkenness and lechery of Nauruans are true the young Somali girl could have been tempted.

Finally, even in absence of visible signs of your lechery and drunkenness - you have attacked my ass. Publicly.

That's the kind of ignorant racism I'd expect 50 years ago from a Southern gentleman sitting on his porch in Alabama.

Hot African blood! Because she's African, she's likely to have asked for sex, or sought it.

because she's African, blame the victim.

Disgusting racism at it's worst.

And instead of being ashamed of yourself as you should be, you are defending yourself.

Alleged as “We know from the Moss inquiry and the Senate inquiry that the police are not responsive to allegations of sexual abuse. The Nauru government is desperate to cover-up the epidemic levels of sexual violence on Nauru and its inability and unwillingness to take measure to provide basic security for the refugees in Nauru.”

That's the kind of ignorant racism I'd expect 50 years ago from a Southern gentleman sitting on his porch in Alabama.

Hot African blood! Because she's African, she's likely to have asked for sex, or sought it.

And instead of being ashamed of yourself as you should be, you are defending yourself.

Absolutely futile to try making me feel ashamed. I say what I mean and I think before saying.

Hot climates are always associated with sexual early maturity and drive. African, Thai or Polynesian - not important. It is a medical fact.

Never said she has asked for sex or sought it. Just suggested a possibility of a 23 year old being tempted.

Information about rapist could be easily verified in Australia using DNA. All I did was asked if there is any.

Cannot see what caused such vicious attacks on my personality for asking reasonable questions?

Unless both you and this simpleton No1 didn't have your breakfast yet?

Spewing out baseless accusations of racism does not affect me. I know I am not a racist.

I also never blamed the victim. I allowed myself a doubt and asked for more facts. I also assumed that allegation is not guilt.

You two obviously are not up to it. Better get off my back. I sure as hell was not in Nauru.

Absolutely futile to try making me feel ashamed. I say what I mean and I think before saying.

Hot climates are always associated with sexual early maturity and drive. African, Thai or Polynesian - not important. It is a medical fact.

Never said she has asked for sex or sought it. Just suggested a possibility of a 23 year old being tempted.

Information about rapist could be easily verified in Australia using DNA. All I did was asked if there is any.

Cannot see what caused such vicious attacks on my personality for asking reasonable questions?

Unless both you and this simpleton No1 didn't have your breakfast yet?

Spewing out baseless accusations of racism does not affect me. I know I am not a racist.

I also never blamed the victim. I allowed myself a doubt and asked for more facts. I also assumed that allegation is not guilt.

You two obviously are not up to it. Better get off my back. I sure as hell was not in Nauru.

It's a medical "fact" only in the mythology of ignorant racists.

Because she's black, you tend towards thinking the victim was to blame "by temptation".

Ignorant racism. That you're proud of! clap2.gif

Simple1, is not a simpleton, and certainly not simpleton No1.. Your blatant insult to another member is worthy of reporting...I'll leave it for someone else.

A girl being detained in custody says she was raped and we have a posterbsuggesting because she is black and young and it is hot that she asked for it.

Such ignorant racism.

Racist, racism, ignorant...

Now you can 'like' each other posts here ad infinitum. I am not a racist. You actually are. Yes, Linky, simple1 and Seastallion - you are a racist mob.

You are ready to Lynch me here for saying that 'Alleged is not Guilty'

You are ready to Lynch me here for asking proof of allegation

You are ready to Lynch me here for pointing out the alternative explanation of pregnancy of this 23 year old Somali girl.

You are ready to Lynch me here despite the fact that alleged rapist is also black!

You guys must be mad rabid!

And your only reasons for Lynching is - she is black, she is a refugee, she is a detainee, she says she was raped!

Now tell me who is a racist? Who is ignorant? Who should be ashamed? Not me, thankyou.

A girl being detained in custody says she was raped and we have a posterbsuggesting because she is black and young and it is hot that she asked for it.

Such ignorant racism.

Racist, racism, ignorant...

Now you can 'like' each other posts here ad infinitum. I am not a racist. You actually are. Yes, Linky, simple1 and Seastallion - you are a racist mob.

You are ready to Lynch me here for saying that 'Alleged is not Guilty'

You are ready to Lynch me here for asking proof of allegation

You are ready to Lynch me here for pointing out the alternative explanation of pregnancy of this 23 year old Somali girl.

You are ready to Lynch me here despite the fact that alleged rapist is also black!

You guys must be mad rabid!

And your only reasons for Lynching is - she is black, she is a refugee, she is a detainee, she says she was raped!

Now tell me who is a racist? Who is ignorant? Who should be ashamed? Not me, thankyou.

Rubbish and tosh.

"She may have been tempted because of her hot African blood, It's a medical fact that hot climates produce high sex drive blah blah..."

You may have excused the alleged "black" prison guard because of his uncontrollable hot Polynesian blood.

You can not turn this around and blame anyone else of racism here.

You have clearly, through IGNORANCE and RACISM, tried to blame the victim, based on her race.

So, in answer to your questions; You, you, and you. Racist, ignorant, and should be ashamed.

You tried to teach me a lesson recently and failed miserably. Try again.