China cabin crew 'industry ritual' sparks online outrage

webfact

China cabin crew 'industry ritual' sparks online outrage

(BBC) Photos of female cabin crew lying in the overhead luggage compartments on board a Chinese airline have gone viral on social media.

The images, which were uploaded on the popular chat app WeChat, have been called bullying by netizens.

The post said cabin crew were "forced into lockers by security staff upon completing 30 to 50 hours of service" as part of an "industry ritual".

Kunming Airlines has issued a statement saying it was investigating the matter.

The company said the incident occurred after the crew had completed their duties and that the safety of the flight was not affected.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34513115

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-10-13

This was in the British papers months ago. This time though it was various carriers and it was the latest internet craze to be pictured crammed into the overhead lockers and nothing to do with any ritual. I think the latest one is you picture yourself holding your Iphone at the very edge by two fingers as it dangles over a high drop or over water etc. Another stupid craze that just shows how utterly idiotic people can be

Netizens online in China are notorious for having absolutely no sense of humor. Wait till the sour and dour strict netizens find out what pilots do to newman pilots after they complete 50 hours in the cockpit :lol:

There are legitimate objections to this kind of social or professional rite of passage stuff, but it often isn't so bad. Many people reading the article could relate some personal story that we lived to tell about it.

At least these gals didn't have to get dressed up to look like a bunch of bananas.

Edited by Publicus

Oh PLEASE!! Bunch of Chinese drama queens! It's called skylarking and we used to do it sometimes....wait till a passenger boards and opens the overhead compartment to stow his handluggage, only to find a cabin crew member there! They got the fright of their lives!

Oh PLEASE!! Bunch of Chinese drama queens! It's called skylarking and we used to do it sometimes....wait till a passenger boards and opens the overhead compartment to stow his handluggage, only to find a cabin crew member there! They got the fright of their lives!

Its ok is it? And what airline did you work for?

There is a time and a place for larking about, some places you just don't it. Planes will be one of those times for me, I would like sensible, focused cabin crew not bunch of clowns. I also would not be amused if I were stowing my luggage and I found a cabin crew member in there and the cabin crew laughing along because they found it so funny,, I bet I am not alone..

There is a time and a place for larking about, some places you just don't it. Planes will be one of those times for me, I would like sensible, focused cabin crew not bunch of clowns. I also would not be amused if I were stowing my luggage and I found a cabin crew member in there and the cabin crew laughing along because they found it so funny,, I bet I am not alone..

Nope, you are alone :)

Mmmmm....I can just imagine what kind of grumpy passenger you are. Lighten up, that was in the late '70s when being a cabin crew member was still fun.

The times are changing The number of people who died taking a selfie has exceeded the number killed by sharks this year

Read the full story here,,,

http://www.theweek.co.uk/64328/selfie-deaths-five-people-who-died-taking-a-selfie

Sometimes harmless pranks for fun are ok as long as no danger befalls the public

but the recent selfie headlines are alarming.

And after a shark attack they hunt down the shark and kill it, how about killing all the

phones of the mindless bafoons walking around with them, oblivious to the world.

Mmmmm....I can just imagine what kind of grumpy passenger you are. Lighten up, that was in the late '70s when being a cabin crew member was still fun.

I'm sorry but in the 70's they didn't have any such thing as " cabin crew " They had " Trolley Dollies " instead. whistling.gif

A much better time to travel by air, Far less riff raff and Chavs as they couldn't afford to fly whistling.gif