Mushroom picker discovers 110,00 meth pills stashed in Tak forest

webfact

Mushroom picker discovers 110,00 meth pills stashed in Tak forest

tak.jpg
Image: Thairath.co.th

TAK:-- A large haul of methamphetamine pills have been discovered partially buried in a roadside forest in Tak province.

A 50 year old woman who was in the forest scavenging for mushrooms made the discovery when she saw two blue plastic jerry cans partially buried next to a tree, reports ThaiRath.

The woman initially thought the blue jerry cans may have contained explosives but upon further investigation by officers from Wang Pra Chop police station, more than 110,000 methamphetamine pills were found to be stashed in bundles inside the containers.

Police believe the drugs had been buried in the forest by dealers trying to avoid a series of road checkpoints operated by police in the area. However, recent heavy rain had caused the containers to be exposed from where they had been buried.

It is estimated the drugs had a street value of more than one million Baht.

tvn.png
-- 2015-10-15

I wonder why she thought the jerry cans contained explosives. My first thought on seeing a jerry can is fuel.

But these were buried... If she picks mushrooms under those trees regularly she would notice the ground has been disturbed

And that is why she jumped to the conclusion that they contained explosives?

Now I'm really confused. I just can't see the thought process that leads to that conclusion.

RTP don't have a clue should have left it for awhile ..? In law enforcement, a sting operation is a deceptive operation designed to catch a person committing a crime.blink.png

Stick a tracking device of some kind in the jerry cans and bury them. Sit back and wait for a bite.

RTP don't have a clue should have left it for awhile ..? In law enforcement, a sting operation is a deceptive operation designed to catch a person committing a crime.blink.png

Stick a tracking device of some kind in the jerry cans and bury them. Sit back and wait for a bite.

Probably have a flat battery if the keystone cops were involved....

Maybe it would have been better for her if she had just left them

and said nothing,as now she will be a marked woman,and the

police will get the reward for finding the pills,will the police provide

protection for her ,I don't think so

By doing the right thing she has lost both ways.

regards Worgeordie

Maybe it would have been better for her if she had just left them

and said nothing,as now she will be a marked woman,and the

police will get the reward for finding the pills,will the police provide

protection for her ,I don't think so

By doing the right thing she has lost both ways.

regards Worgeordie

Street value of about 6 million .. I wouldn't be surprise it someone higher up is involved .. after all this is Thailand and yeah she is a marked woman i was thinking the same thing early on ..

Edited by Nicolas32

This is another fine example of Thai police and their investigative prowess. Why not leave the drugs where they are and post a few officers around the area in hopes that the

drug dealers will come to pick up their booty . Then they get to arrest the scum.

But no They want to show everyone how well they do by confiscating the stash

Keystone cops all the way SO SAD They never will get it will they

This is another fine example of Thai police and their investigative prowess. Why not leave the drugs where they are and post a few officers around the area in hopes that the

drug dealers will come to pick up their booty . Then they get to arrest the scum.

So how many police do you think they will need for 24/7 coverage and for how many days or weeks would you want them to be there?

You don't seem to get it either

What for ?

its most likely a BIB stash anyway...rather than rewarding the indivdual for finding the drugs...they may find themselves meeting an unfortunate accident

You do realize that most Thais can't see far enough into the future to make plans like that. That's an observation and not a condemnation. It's just culturally ingrained.