British expat found dead in his Phuket home after three day no-show at work

webfact

British expat found dead in his Phuket home after three day no-show at work
Eakkapop Thongtub

1444904208_1-org.jpg
Recue workers remove the body of the man from his home in Srisoonthorn.

PHUKET: -- A 51-year-old British expat who was an assistant sales manager at the Laguna Holiday Club and had not been seen at work for three days was found dead inside his home in Srisoonthorn this morning (Oct 15). Police have yet to confirm the cause of death.

Thalang Police Maj Nattaya Supanpong was called to investigate the death of a foreign who was found dead inside his home Moo Baan Termphan in Srisoonthorn at 10am this morning.

Police arrived at the house together with Kusoldharm rescue workers and were led to the body of the man (name withheld until his family have been notified) lying on the sofa. There was a pungent smell coming from the room as police believe the body had been there for at least three days.

Maj Nattaya said, "Forensic officers attended the scene and found no sign of foul play or assault on the body. There was also no sign of robbery inside the home.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-expat-found-dead-in-his-phuket-home-after-three-day-no-show-at-work-54557.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-15

hmmmm ...... what medicine was near the sofa ? where was his mobile & wallet ? where was his thai gf ?

too many suspicious gaps .... 51 years old is not a dying age .... if he was in his 70's yes .. but not 50's.

Sorry, but the demographics tell a different story. Many foreigners drop dead from heart attacks, The characteristics of these people include;

- smoking

- obesity

- pre-existing health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, pulmonary disease

- high consumption of alcohol

Thailands resorts attract foreigners with the above characteristics. It's a concentration of high risk people. As a result, when these folks die it skews the numbers.

As far as we are aware this is a normal death,why do people always try to make it so sinister,he was somebodys brother or father or and somebodys son,just try to have a little respect for the poor man and his family,one day we all have to be found dead by someone,so a little thought and respect is not too much to ask,or is it to some?

I try to avoid commenting but I could not resist on this. Have a look at the top 10 Cause of death in the world stats from WHO, I did. No where can I find death by Thai GF on the list. Yet you dullards who choose to be here consistently harp back to the same subject. Please please go home -if you need a lone for the ticket (one way of course) I am sure there are loads of us who do not normally bother to comment who would chip in.

Now I know your tired old fingers are itching to hit the key board and star trolling me but before you do you should remember one thing, your thoughts and ideas are so limited and of such little importance that I really do not care.

Have a great day

post-229952-0-61506900-1444962632_thumb.

hmmmm ...... what medicine was near the sofa ? where was his mobile & wallet ? where was his thai gf ?

too many suspicious gaps .... 51 years old is not a dying age .... if he was in his 70's yes .. but not 50's.

51 not dying age? Congenital heart or other defects that don't show up until "Boom", hard lifestyle and myriad other things can cause premature death (I had a heart attack at 44 years of age with no sign or history of problems before hand)

The article clearly states no sign of assault or robbery.

What is it with Thai Visa CSI?

Edit: Sorry to echo Trexpat's feelings ...missed post while typing

Edited by Unky Dozer

I try to avoid commenting but I could not resist on this. Have a look at the top 10 Cause of death in the world stats from WHO, I did. No where can I find death by Thai GF on the list. Yet you dullards who choose to be here consistently harp back to the same subject. Please please go home -if you need a lone for the ticket (one way of course) I am sure there are loads of us who do not normally bother to comment who would chip in.

Now I know your tired old fingers are itching to hit the key board and star trolling me but before you do you should remember one thing, your thoughts and ideas are so limited and of such little importance that I really do not care.

Have a great day

Perfectly stated. Thank you Trexpat. wai2.gif

another mystery death of a foreigner in los no sign of robbery no injuries on the body was he on medication of some sort in his 50s good job very strange no doubt we will eventually get a result.

and the Americans never landed on the moon, Hitler is still alive and sharing a bedsit in Brighton with Elvis and you really are a sexy man...LMFAO

I was 49 when I got my first major heart attack... My dad was only 39.

Sorry, but the demographics tell a different story. Many foreigners drop dead from heart attacks, The characteristics of these people include;

- smoking

- obesity

- pre-existing health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, pulmonary disease

Thailands resorts attract foreigners with the above characteristics. It's a concentration of high risk people. As a result, when these folks die it skews the numbers.

They also attract many fit and healthy people who like diving, jet skis, hiking etc.

Despite your list of conditions you are making a lot of assumptions, for one looking at the shape of his body under the sheet he doesn't look obese. He held down a job so he wasn't a drunken idiot who props up the bar all day (hence why his co workers called authorities after 3 days of absence with no contact).

So, lets see what the coroner verdict is.

Have a great day

You care enough to look up a cause of death chart, post it and then repeat the same old, boring "go home" line.

I have seen many stories of people being bumped off by wives, girlfriends and family members, there was one yesterday, an elderly Japanese gentleman.

So, perhaps you should go back to reading your charts, bury your head in the sand and keep convincing yourself it never happens and is not something to beware of here in LOS.

The rest of us will heed the warnings and consider ourselves informed individuals when making decisions on who we chose as partners.

Have a fantastic day.

People die, and sometimes people die of natural causes in ugly shags ("there was also no sign of robbery inside the home" - no wonder, by the looks of that "well kept" property). It is very unnecessary to turn every single foreign death in a conspiracy.

RIP, unknown foreign soul. Have a safe journey!

Edited by MockingJay

- smoking

- obesity

They also attract many fit and healthy people who like diving, jet skis, hiking etc.

Despite your list of conditions you are making a lot of assumptions, for one looking at the shape of his body under the sheet he doesn't look obese. He held down a job so he wasn't a drunken idiot who props up the bar all day (hence why his co workers called authorities after 3 days of absence with no contact).

You accuse others of making assumptions, and in the same sentence you assume he was not obese. In the next sentence you assume he was not a drunken idiot.

Edited by stevenl

Have a great day

Perfectly stated. Thank you Trexpat. wai2.gif

Its not perfectly stated at all, its a poorly thought out and ridiculous example. How does posting a chart of the top 10 causes of global death relate to the phenomena in Thailand of girlfriends having their boyfriends and husbands bumped off?

Any sensible person would know that it would not show on this chart. I will briefly explain why for you. Thailand has around 70 million people, the whole world 7 billion so Thailand only has 1% of the global population. Now consider how many people are murdered under the above circumstances and it should be pretty obvious to everyone it could never appear in the top 10 causes of global death.

i would say that it is an issue in Thailand judging purely by the amount of times i have read about suspicious deaths here where a family member is suspected. By the way, deaths by poor safety standards does not appear in the top 10 global causes of death either but i suppose you would consider no improvement needed there?

As I said before, I won't lose any sleep over this but I do consider myself informed and i will be cautious about who i chose as a partner. Both of you can trudge on blindly pretending this issue does not exist and good luck to you...

A proper sherlock Holmes you are eh?.

R.I.P.

He ain't no SH, just a bored individual with no other outlet for his fantasies and skewed opinions.

As has been posted here previously, and by myself on other and similar threads, this poor man's family and friends may well be reading this very thread in the hope of finding new and relevant information.

Please show some restraint when posting you're mindless and irrelevant musings, they are neither interesting or funny and contribute nothing to the dialogue surrounding this tragic event.

Commiserations and condolences to his family and friends...

- smoking

- obesity

You accuse others of making assumptions, and in the same sentence you assume he was not obese. In the next sentence you assume he was not a drunken idiot.

BTW, if you read properly you will see that geriatrickid was not making assumptions about this 'case' but making a general statement on foreigners in resort areas.

I was being ironic about the assumptions. By the way you can see the shape of the body and i dont see him as being obese.

geriatrickid was making a general assumption about foreigners in resort areas in a topic that is about a man who has died of unknown causes at home, which suggests he believes the statement to be relevant to the post, not just a general statement floating in the air. He was also using the general statement to contradict Steven100'S post about the death being suspicious.

All I was saying is that you cannot make assumptions that Thai resorts attract fat, unhealthy people and that is likely why a 51 year old man died the same way you cannot assume he was murdered by anyone,, However,,

There are many suspicious deaths in Thailand and Steven100 whilst maybe being provocative was simply saying "is this another suspicious death?" as 51 year old men do not generally die of natural causes.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Check out this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate and you will see that you are 5 times more likely to be murdered in Thailand than, say, in the UK. And that assumes that the Thai statistics aren't being massaged to make them look better and to make the police look more competent, neither of which is an assumption I would make.

I suspect that a reasonable proportion of those five times more numerous murderers here are indeed girl-friends or "brothers" of girl-friends.

Edited by KittenKong

because they have absolutely nothing better to do.

this is an online retirement community, people are bored.

As are you with your 2300 posts.

But seriously, with so many suspicious deaths and horrible murders in Thailand can you really blame someone for making the statement it could be foul play? I don't think so, especially when the man is 51 and there is no published cause of death.

Anyway, lets see what comes up after doctors findings.

RIP this poor fella.

Have a great day

Those are records of top 10 causes of NATURAL deaths, doesn't list motor vehicle accidents , assults, murders , fires or falling off Thai balconies.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Check out this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate and you will see that you are 5 times more likely to be murdered in Thailand than, say, in the UK. And that assumes that the Thai statistics aren't being massaged to make them look better and to make the police look more competent, neither of which is an assumption I would make.

I suspect that a reasonable proportion of those five times more numerous murderers here are indeed girl-friends or "brothers" of girl-friends.

I would suspect the numbers are certainly massaged.