Riot fails to dent Phuket tourism, Veg Fest to inject B5bn boost

webfact

Riot fails to dent Phuket tourism, Veg Fest to inject B5bn boost
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1444964862_1-org.jpg
The Thalang riot has had limited impact on Phuket's tourism industry, say experts. Photo:Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The head of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phuket office, Anoma Vongyai, believes that the riot in Thalang last Saturday (Oct 10) has had no impact on Phuket’s tourism industry.

“The riot lasted only a short while and right now the security situation seems to have returned to normal,” Ms Anoma told The Phuket News.

“We have not received any reports of flights or tours being cancelled because of the riot,” she said. “Some passengers were delayed from reaching their flights during the incident, but the airlines and Phuket Airport office understood the situation and helped them to get onto the next available flights.”

Bhuritt Maswongssa, Vice President of the Phuket Tourist Association, yesterday (Oct 15) was reported saying that some tourists – namely Japanese and Singaporean tourists – had cancelled trips to Phuket in the wake of the riot. However, he rated the impact as not as large as the recent haze problem.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/riot-fails-to-dent-phuket-tourism-veg-fest-to-inject-b5bn-boost-54562.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-16

I know I'm not the only one having problems with this site, is the government getting into us already ?

Anyway before I was rudely ignored I tried to post -

" why does TAT keep churning out all their BS as everyone knows nothing has a negative impact on tourism.

Their only problem is no one believes a word they say. I wonder if they actually do themselves ? "

Edited by NongKhaiKid