Scottish breakfast in Bangkok

scotsmarc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats hangover grub, sorry never heard of any ''Scottish Places'' around Bangkok...

for sure, you can get a good fry up in ''Wine Connection'' with there ''English Breakfasts'' much about the same.

square sausage , is that not ''Lorne'' ??? or am i getting mixed up...

Blimey Scotsmarc a plate of fry-up Scottish style to cure your homesickness?

If it's that bad there's that fish and chippie in S. 19.

Take a Mars bar in there. I'm sure they will batter and deep-fry it for a small consideration.

Thats hangover grub, sorry never heard of any ''Scottish Places'' around Bangkok...

for sure, you can get a good fry up in ''Wine Connection'' with there ''English Breakfasts'' much about the same.

square sausage , is that not ''Lorne'' ??? or am i getting mixed up...

Isn't that McD place Scottish? thumbsup.gif I like to travel with a few packets of oatmeal porridge and boil up some water in the hotel.

It's hilarious. Travel half way round the world, live on your own country's foods despite Thailand having arguably one of best kitchens in the world.

Wonder how many calories in that pigfest. Heart attack on a plate.

Beans for breakfast, fried tomatoes, ugh.

Sure an argument could be started on Thailand having one of the best kitchens in the world. Maybe in the low 100s in the world definitely no where near the top 50

With all due respect to the institution of street food, putting this to one side, Thai cuisine is certainly the best in Asia. The Americas have none (again, adr). Europe is a very interesting mix and each country'so contribution alk added up would surpass Thailand food. Possibly.

As to nitwits commenting that rice is foreign food. If you live in Thailand then potatoes are a little strange. Indeed so once we're tomatoes. Stick to the subject which is the search for a heady Scottish breakfast in Bangkok. (Chang Mao being choker with them.)

When I was driving for Exel Logistics in the UK a popular breakfast stop was a truck-stop just off the southbound M6 just outside Carlisle. The fried breakfast had an English or Scottish choice of menu. The only difference was the Scottish one had fried HAGGIS in stead of black pudding. With toast and a mug of tea after a 3am start from Coventry it was a feast to behold, before crossing the border.

Edited by joebrown

It was Quaker oats wasn't it? The American found a way to treat oats making them bland enough for first thing in the morning. He sold them as a cure "for constipation and masturbation".

Breakfast cereals are perfect ulnar to Anglo Saxondale culture. And recent, like the last 150 years.

Before that it was fry-ups all the way. Liver for example.

The Scottish breakfast has square sausage (lorne) tattle scones and maybe some haggis or Cool die dumpling

For the usual negative trolls yes far away from home and love to live in the local fayre but sometimes you just miss what you miss.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for tomorrow it would be very much appreciated so much so I'll buy you a Scottish fry!