Authorities seize 80 million baht worth of assets from a major drug gang

Jonathan Fairfield

Authorities seize 80 million baht worth of assets from a major drug gang

506-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG MAI:-- About 80 million baht of assets belonging to a big heroin trafficking gang in the North have been seized in Chiang Mai.

The assets seizure was announced at a press conference on Friday in Chiang Mai which was attended by Chiang Mai governor Pawin Chamniprasart, secretary-general of the Office of Narcotics Control Board Mr Narong Rattananukul, 5th regional police commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Thanitsak Thiraswasdi and Colonel Boonrith Kasetwathin, staff officer of the 33rd army circle.

The seized assets included five houses worth 32 million baht, seven land plots in Prao, Sansai, San Kamphaeng and Mae Taeng districts worth about 40 millon baht, a 3-million baht condominium unit, two cars worth 3 million baht and 500,000 baht in bank account.

The authorities named Mr Kittiphan Aeksuriyachoke or Arsuepa Laomee as the alleged drug kingpin who controls heroin trade in the northern region. Kittiphan has been arrested along with several gang members who were earlier apprehended.

ONCB chief Narong said Kittiphan had several fake ID cards making it difficult for the authorities to track him down. He added that he believed the gang still owns more assets and officials would try to find out and seize them.

Governor Pawin, meanwhile, warned that any officials helped in providing fake ID cards for Kittiphan would face punishments. He warned kamnan and village heads to look out for strangers in their communities and to check their ID cards.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-16

' Governor Pawin, meanwhile, warned that any officials helped in providing fake ID cards for Kittiphan would face punishments. He warned kamnan and village heads to look out for strangers in their communities and to check their ID cards.'

to show you that there are criminals on both side of the divide, while the outside criminals are

getting the full force of the law, the inside criminals are transferred to 'inactive duties'

...if they dig deep enough they might find as high as 505% of 'successful' people have gained their assets illegally...

....a lot to seize......but never will....because then we will have to admit that there are a lot of dishonest...immoral people in Thailand...

...ask yourself how people earning 6,000-30,000/month can even afford a car and a house...in many cases several of each....

And what happens to the cash? Just asking.

Good question, I was going to ask the same,

They could sell the assets and buy high tec CCTV and facial recognition equipment.

Buy speed cameras and place them everywhere and make a fortune.

Never mention them again

Reward themselves.

They have many options.

...if they dig deep enough they might find as high as 505% of 'successful' people have gained their assets illegally...

....a lot to seize......but never will....because then we will have to admit that there are a lot of dishonest...immoral people in Thailand...

...ask yourself how people earning 6,000-30,000/month can even afford a car and a house...in many cases several of each....

My son gets 30,000 a month. He has a car and has just purchased a 2.5 mil condo. Am I to believe he is dishonest and immoral?

My son gets 30,000 a month. He has a car and has just purchased a 2.5 mil condo. Am I to believe he is dishonest and immoral?

He is surely bababobo ;( but he has a dad who will pay for him)

how he can live with all the big rebates to do for so many years ?

eating stiky rice with pala three times a day during 20 or 30 years ?

You know he doesn't own the car and the condo before they are paid at the bank .

You know he doesn't own the car and the condo before they are paid at the bank .

Car is mine but he looks after it and just like most people arround the world he has a mortgage for the condo which he pays for. No need to live on sticky rice. Mind you unlike some Ferangs on here a quiet weekend out doesn't cost 20,000 baht.

people who didn't manage to gain anything either legal or illegal way tend to speak like this...

Exactly. My wife and I just bought a block of land and a house outside of Chiang Mai, paid cash for both. Don't think either of us gained our assets illegally. His theory is incorrect.

................"...if they dig deep enough they might find as high as 505% of 'successful' people have gained their assets illegally...".................

505% ??? Do you work for the same company that conducts the opinion polls for the government ?

Car is mine but he looks after it and just like most people arround the world he has a mortgage for the condo which he pays for. No need to live on sticky rice. Mind you unlike some Ferangs on here a quiet weekend out doesn't cost 20,000 baht.

Yes exactly! The awful people on here who make these snide, bitter remarks about Thais really ought to get out more and meet some decent, hard-working Thai men and women.

My partner has had hotel and resort managerial positions here in CM, BKK and Pai earning salaries + service charge shares + bonuses ranging in the region of 30 to 45,000 baht a month. From these earnings he's bought a new Ford Fiesta top of the range S model, a rare edition Vespa scooter, loads of trees and plants for our garden, things for the house, and paid his way for our recent 3 week trip to England and Scotland, etc, etc.

This is NOT un-typical in the circle we inhabit - these are guys earning an honest living like the rest of us once did when we worked- hopefully!

Best wishes to all the farang on here who also have hard-working Thai partners.

They could sell the assets and buy high tec CCTV and facial recognition equipment.

Never mention them again

Reward themselves.

They have many options.

You'd make a good ASEAN-Thai official...

Don't ask yourself its an endless riddle. Opps just solved it.

Never mention them again

Reward themselves.

They have many options.

Your first suggestions make to much sense. I would vote for the latter. Then again GOOD camera's would make their job much easier and much more profitable. Na take the money and run will win out.

Edited by elgordo38