Phuket Island View: Tradition of bouncers beating punters

Jonathan Fairfield

What I find hard to fathom and I do not believe anyone has brought the subject up, is why the police say they cannot lay charges as "no one has filed a complaint "

Surely surely the police with more than enough video evidence can act on their own behalf and that of the Thai and Tourism Community to remove this very kind of common threat from Society.

Firstly a huge fine coupled with a minimum 6 month closure and double that for the next "infringement " to the premises/club,

Instant sacking of security personnel ,charged and fined accordingly accompanied with a life ban from working in the Tourism Industry.

I wish !!

Yup that's also something I don't get. When someone drives without a helmet they can fine a person in a heartbeat. When some guys beat someone up and there is video evidence they can't do anything unless someone files charges?

If I intimidate someone to give me his money and he's too scared to complain to the police even though it would be shown on national TV nothing would happen to me?

Man these police guys really have no urge to provide some justice...

I watched a video of a mentally ill man walk up to another man and sucker punch him for no reason. The police arrested him and is trying to get him help. The video of the bouncer sucker punching the Ausie for no reason is also breaking the law. These bouncers were the same as the man on the street. They are all mentally ill!

What I find hard to fathom and I do not believe anyone has brought the subject up, is why the police say they cannot lay charges as "no one has filed a complaint "

Surely surely the police with more than enough video evidence can act on their own behalf and that of the Thai and Tourism Community to remove this very kind of common threat from Society.

Firstly a huge fine coupled with a minimum 6 month closure and double that for the next "infringement " to the premises/club,

Instant sacking of security personnel ,charged and fined accordingly accompanied with a life ban from working in the Tourism Industry.

I wish !!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif No offense intended Kangaloo as I see you are new here, but, what, click your heels together and you're back in Kansas?

Being "new" here on TV, is, I find completely irrelevant.

"but, what, click your heels together and you're back in Kansas?"

Haven't got a clue, nor do you by the sound's of it, what you are on about !!

FYI,

I have lived in Patong for the last 15 year's,

If you treat tourists which are Phukets bread and butter like this you soon wont have them, there are two many other options and Thailands appeal is fading in a sea of Garbage and Visa red tape, along with all the scams and outright rip offs .Let alone these types of violent attacks , its all but over for Phuket .

The cheap package holiday Chinese are propping up the tourist numbers on Phuket.

Where the real loss in the tourism industry on Phuket is being felt is in the rapid decline of western tourists here, and more importantly, for the Phuket economy, the lost revenue from them.

If you treat tourists which are Phukets bread and butter like this you soon wont have them, there are two many other options and Thailands appeal is fading in a sea of Garbage and Visa red tape, along with all the scams and outright rip offs .Let alone these types of violent attacks , its all but over for Phuket .

The cheap package holiday Chinese are propping up the tourist numbers on Phuket.

Where the real loss in the tourism industry on Phuket is being felt is in the rapid decline of western tourists here, and more importantly, for the Phuket economy, the lost revenue from them.

Correct again NKM ...

I've noticed a lot Chinese tourists out on rented motorbikes lately. I've almost hit a couple of them, they seem clueless how to drive! Just to add fuel to your usual favorite beat the dead horse topic...