PM Prayut cuts back on press appearances to reduce social conflict

webfact

PM cuts back on press appearances to reduce social conflict

BANGKOK, 20 October 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has said his reason for shying away from the press conferences this past week is that he doesn’t want to cause further conflict.

The Prime Minister and head of the National Council for Peace and Order told reporters before the cabinet meeting that the country was already undergoing social turmoil and that he did not want to deliver remarks that could worsen the current situation.

He affirmed that the move was not part of his change in communication strategy, but said that he would from now on speak only on matters of importance.

Gen Prayut has in the past several days relayed his messages to the public through the spokesperson of the Prime Minister’s office.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-20 footer_n.gif

I am not the smartest guy. In fact if it wasn't for my "Better Half".

My humble and stupid opinion.

1. Confront Social Conflict. Why? Because how do you know why they are pissed.

We all have a Goal. We all have something in common.

My Thai sons are different. One smokes yaa and the other had a school system that did not offer him SHOP CLASS.

Metal Working. Wood Class. Automotive. You and I all had this opportunity.

Here now is Prayut. Alas. With the world of Thailand on his shoulders. And the People of Thailand, all cheated. All lied to. All forgetting our/your country.

All I want is for MY children is to take care of my wife.

Why is it so hard?

He's climbing higher up the pedestal...no need to speak to the common folks once you climb so high.

Since he's now only going to speak on matters of importance does that mean his previous speaking was largely regarding unimportant stuff?

Well either he's suddenly realised Thai people don't love him quite as much as he demands they do or, someone has advised him to shut up and stop putting his foot in it.

But if he wants to stop 'social conflict' as he calls it I can think of a way.

Send in the clowns, oh they're already here.

Inexperience dealing with public relations and public speaking is sometimes best handled by those trained in such disciplines. This has been an example of someone who blundered into terrain without proper reconnaissance or expertise in interpersonal communications.

So after many months of Dusit polls which tell us everyone is deleriously happy with the new regime, everyone loves the PM and things just couldn't be better, suddenly this.

Er.... so what about the polls?

Weren't they true?

So there's a rather large inconsistency here.

But I guess he's not going to step down anyway, so what does it matter.

To be fair, many Thai officials should follow his lead, starting with 80% of the bozos that make premature statements about the investigations of crimes.

Imagine a world without confusing and contradictory daily press briefings.

The Thai press would be greatly challenged. Instead of sitting in chairs, and copying down and scrambling quotes, they would have to get out in the world and find out what is actually happening. Or maybe not... maybe a sudden spike in Facebook, WhatsApp and Line usage would be the net result.

I`d accept someone else doing his talking.........if only he was doing the walking. And so far he has not returned happiness to the people, the economy is sinking, the International image of Thailand is not worsening, deservedly so & the road map to a better future shows no light at the end of a tunnel.

If Prayut wants not to deliver remarks that could worsen the current situation, maybe he should abandon his weekly telecasts. .

Hell yeah, enough with the rude interruption almost every evening to force "happiness" propaganda down our throats N. Korea style. Get off my TV dude!

%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%8A.jpg

I`d accept someone else doing his talking.........if only he was doing the walking. And so far he has not returned happiness to the people, the economy is sinking, the International image of Thailand is not worsening, deservedly so & the road map to a better future shows no light at the end of a tunnel.

"[...] the International image of Thailand is now worsening, deservedly so &..."

Fixed?

Well at least something has been.

If Prayut wants not to deliver remarks that could worsen the current situation, maybe he should abandon his weekly telecasts. .

Hell yeah, enough with the rude interruption almost every evening to force "happiness" propaganda down our throats N. Korea style. Get off my TV dude!

%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%8A.jpg

High Noon too on some channels with no regard to the ongoing programming. A great way to win fans.

Excellent move by the PM!

But, true leaders don’t shy away from social turmoil (especially if they have been responsible for much of it) - they try to facilitate equitable solutions.

That said, they also don’t seek to add more fuel to a fire that is fast getting out of control.

So, all Prayut needs to do now is actually begin true reconciliation in this country, and he just might start to become a leader.