CTH problem in Chiang Mai

Chiengmaijoe

I had someone ask me if I have a problem with CTH being disconnected and when I checked, I did! I have contacted CTH and they are supposed to be getting back to me but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else has been disconnected for no apparent reason. I took the initial offer of pay up front for two years and get three, and as far as I know I still have a good 8 or 9 months left.

If you have any other system, good for you, I don't need to know about it, I just need to know about CTH, thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CTH comes over Satellite. Nobody can disconnect a Satellite, other than El Presidente.

If you got it over cable in you condo, you perhaps should approach management to figure it out. It's not clear from your question.

CTH comes over Satellite. Nobody can disconnect a Satellite, other than El Presidente.

If you got it over cable in you condo, you perhaps should approach management to figure it out. It's not clear from your question.

I have a dish and 2 boxes supplied by CTH. The supplier, CTH has disconnected my two boxes.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

yeah c/mai joe, i got the flick y/day at 4 pm

all bills paid accordingly, not one one baht owing to these thieving bastards,and have the receipts supporting my case

but being the land of the shonk, this has,nt suprised me ,will just stick this mob rite up their kyber pass

check the famous T.V. footy forum, a thread has been running for sometime on these parasites

a lovely evening to all my readerssmile.png

all bills paid accordingly, not one one baht owing to these thieving bastards,and have the receipts supporting my case

but being the land of the shonk, this has,nt suprised me ,will just stick this mob rite up their kyber pass

check the famous T.V. footy forum, a thread has been running for sometime on these parasites

Thanks for the info. With a big weekend of sport ahead i'm pretty desperate to get this sorted out. Did you get any forewarning or have you had any explanation as to why it was switched off! The girl at Customer Support sounded professional, concerned and helpful so when she said she'd get back to me, I, for some ridiculous reason, thought she meant 'soon'. I even made a point of keeping my phone within earshot whilst playing tennis. How long have I been here?

I see what you mean about the Football forum. It doesn't look good.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860746-cth-billing-problems/

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Thanks for the info. With a big weekend of sport ahead i'm pretty desperate to get this sorted out. Did you get any forewarning or have you had any explanation as to why it was switched off! The girl at Customer Support sounded professional, concerned and helpful so when she said she'd get back to me, I, for some ridiculous reason, thought she meant 'soon'. I even made a point of keeping my phone within earshot whilst playing tennis. How long have I been here?

cobber no warning at all, shot straight between the eyes, this mob are a bunch of ???

i never even went to the trouble of trying to contact them, fluffing mission impossible for the monthly subscibers like myself,and many others

this operator can shove it !!! FULLSTOP

cobber no warning at all, shot straight between the eyes, this mob are a bunch of ???

i never even went to the trouble of trying to contact them, fluffing mission impossible for the monthly subscibers like myself,and many others

this operator can shove it !!! FULLSTOP

I paid for 2 years up front, and the third year free would have started 4 months ago, so how could they suddenly decide to cut me off? Judging by the Football forum they clearly don't have a clue about what's going on. I remember the early days when people were being billed wrongly and CTH were telling everyone to ignore the bill, but I thought that after 2 years they'd have sorted a system out. Apparently not. Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Reading between the lines, they fell out with a load of their installers and it was the installers who held the first year records. Doh! Hence they seem to have very poor knowledge of their customer base and are giving some customers free service and double billing other customers, cutting some of the latter off for non-payment. If they don't have the payment records but know you are a customer they will probably claim you have not paid.

Anyone who paid for the 3 for 2 year deal should send in a copy of their contract and proof of payment and ask them to confirm that they will get 3 full years of service. I.e. try to preempt them peremptorily cutting you off - can't promise it will work but worth a try and at least you have then got the relevant info to hand when you get that cut-off or non-payment notification.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes; we were suddenly cut-off also; 2 days ago. My wife has been on the blower to them 2 full days, but somehow she can not get through to even talk to anybody . . . . . . Beginning to look & sound pretty hopeless

bah.gif

My set top box decided it was going to upgrade itself, problem is it never finished, just kept rebooting.

CTH told me to send back the box to Bangkok where they will see if it can be repaired, otherwise I am supposed to PAY for a new one. That's not right, that would never happen with True!!

Even when it was working I would find there was no sound for the first half, sound but no commentary for another 20 minutes then everything working for the last 10 or so minutes Duh!!

I think that CTH have probably lost billions on this venture, I really hope so, then maybe True can get it back next year

Reading between the lines, they fell out with a load of their installers and it was the installers who held the first year records. Doh! Hence they seem to have very poor knowledge of their customer base and are giving some customers free service and double billing other customers, cutting some of the latter off for non-payment. If they don't have the payment records but know you are a customer they will probably claim you have not paid.

Anyone who paid for the 3 for 2 year deal should send in a copy of their contract and proof of payment and ask them to confirm that they will get 3 full years of service. I.e. try to preempt them peremptorily cutting you off - can't promise it will work but worth a try and at least you have then got the relevant info to hand when you get that cut-off or non-payment notification.

Nice thought but the chances of getting anything out of CTH is in IMO zero.the web site is down, the email address bounces and the are due according to friends of mine not answering the phone.

If someone was in Bangkok would be a heads up to vist the head office ,maybe that is empty too.

My installer here had a toxic relationship with them 2 months after installing our dish and box,2 years ago, and refused to even discuss problems with us, contact them he said.

Wsa doomed from day on ewhen they didnt even have installers in Bangkok, they were sending guys out in taxis with the dishes hanging out of the boot.

Paying up front for anyhting in this country is asking for trouble.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but if you don't get any joy with cth and are desperate to watch sport this weekend another option is online packages. I use ilikehdtv and link my tv with a hdmi cable. The package I have is 450 baht a month , no rolling contract and the picture quality is the same as cable or satellite . There are many sports channels on it including all the sky sports , BT sports, Eurosport , the golf channel mutv etc. also included is movies , discovery , nat geo etc.

Another option is 365 sports ( not bet365 ) this package is sport only but has the advantage of last 5 days on demand ( good for catching up on early morning games)

Hope this provides an option if no joy with cth

seems like I am not the only one.

Tuesday morning CTH all OK......tuesday evening...no picture just an on screen message NO VALID ENTITLEMENT.

My account with CTH is up to date and next months bill already paid.

I am told my original installer is coming this afternoon to put things right.

We will see,but now having read these posts I am not confident.

http://www.cth.co.th/

Comically.. even the website is down..

GMMTV has been a really cheap full service option for me.. HD films and sports, Thai channels, etc etc for pennies.. Not that I watch it anyway. All billing records accessible via the log in system.

Since GMMTV uses the same hotline no as CTH , 1629, I assume they are closely connected. Any problems with GMMTV?

I see they sell their boxes at 7/11, do you need their dish too or could I just use my CTH dish? Is it easy to install?

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

GMMTV has been a really cheap full service option for me.. HD films and sports, Thai channels, etc etc for pennies.. Not that I watch it anyway. All billing records accessible via the log in system.

I've had GMMZ for about a year, only time we watch TV is for F1 racing, Sky news and cartoons. Been paying 499 baht a month, a couple of months ago I went to 7/11 to pay the 499 baht, they give you a register document with a number on it and then you phone Bangkok and give them the number. Two months ago went through this process only to be told that 499 baht now only buys 23 days, if you want the full month then you must pay 699 baht. I guess they forgot to give this info' to 7/11. I now get Sky news for free on computer, daughter gets her cartoons on computer and forget the F1. The greed of Gmmz means they now get 499 baht less than they used to which clearly won't worry them at all.

I've had GMMZ for about a year, only time we watch TV is for F1 racing, Sky news and cartoons. Been paying 499 baht a month, a couple of months ago I went to 7/11 to pay the 499 baht, they give you a register document with a number on it and then you phone Bangkok and give them the number. Two months ago went through this process only to be told that 499 baht now only buys 23 days, if you want the full month then you must pay 699 baht. I guess they forgot to give this info' to 7/11. I now get Sky news for free on computer, daughter gets her cartoons on computer and forget the F1. The greed of Gmmz means they now get 499 baht less than they used to which clearly won't worry them at all.

Just logged in.. All packages run 30 / 365 as before.

New 'ultra platinum' package with what seems more channels is 30/90/365 for 699/1499/4999..

Unsure if I will resub next year but at 400 or so a month for the HD still seems cheap.. I just keep it for UFC live on fox HD over streaming. dont really need to any longer, but the year is about the same as a single fightpass from UFC.

I read somewhere that GMMZ was going to take them over,maybe they

are just waiting until CTH is worthless,they seem to forgot the most

important thing in business,get paid,seems now they are sending invoices

out for money owed up to 2 years ago.

I nearly got sucked in when they had pay for 2 years,get 1 free,but was wary,

as have been burnt before buying boxes and services,at the moment I have

too many choices ,stream off Internet,Iflix ,IlikeHD,and Kodi,the most I could

loose if I had just paid for service and they went tits up is 500 THB, could be

problems if/when they get this single gateway in operation.

On ilikeHD many ways to watch sports,SKY,SuperSports,Canadian channels,

CTH (if it has not gone),BT,FOX, too much choice really.

regards Worgeordie

I read somewhere that GMMZ was going to take them over,maybe they

are just waiting until CTH is worthless,they seem to forgot the most

important thing in business,get paid,seems now they are sending invoices

out for money owed up to 2 years ago.

I nearly got sucked in when they had pay for 2 years,get 1 free,but was wary,

as have been burnt before buying boxes and services,at the moment I have

too many choices ,stream off Internet,Iflix ,IlikeHD,and Kodi,the most I could

loose if I had just paid for service and they went tits up is 500 THB, could be

problems if/when they get this single gateway in operation.

On ilikeHD many ways to watch sports,SKY,SuperSports,Canadian channels,

CTH (if it has not gone),BT,FOX, too much choice really.

regards Worgeordie

Having paid for the next year, CTH may eventually figure it out and switch me back on but with a weekend of World cup rugby and 3 EPL derby matches I really need to sort this out quick, because I need it for the pub. It looks like a temporary upgrade on Truevisions will get me the rugby via Fox Sports2 and hopefully a month by month set up with GMM will get me the premier league. The GMM box can always find a use at home if CTH signal comes back. CTH call centre is proving to be impossible to get through and the website is down, so it looks ominous.

I don't watch TV except for news and sport, so at home WETV and ILIKEHD work fine. I only use ILIKEHD for footy so a 2 hour 20b connect works fine. FILMON.TV is good for UK TV, but having skipped through the channels I got a quick reminder as to how trivial most of the programmes are. Not for me.

Does anyone out there actually have CTH up and working or is it some kind of random disconnect, I wonder?

Just logged in.. All packages run 30 / 365 as before.

New 'ultra platinum' package with what seems more channels is 30/90/365 for 699/1499/4999..

Unsure if I will resub next year but at 400 or so a month for the HD still seems cheap.. I just keep it for UFC live on fox HD over streaming. dont really need to any longer, but the year is about the same as a single fightpass from UFC.

Not quite following you here LivinLOS. For about ten months or so I paid 499 baht and received a months subscription, the last two months I have paid 499 baht and they give me 23 days, the person on the end of the phone in Bangkok makes it perfectly clear that 499 baht gives you only 23 days unlike before. No big deal with me, they will no longer get a single baht from me as I see no justification for such a huge increase without warning.