Airport Immigration demanding work permit.

A Thai Consulate/Embassy issues a Non B based on evidence that the applicant supplies. An IO normally does not ever question whether a person who enters has a WP. I used to have a Non B- and was never asked for a WP. There are many B Visas issued where the holder does not have a WP because he is not working. In the OPs case he was asked and presented evidence that proved he was eligible to enter. How do you think a potential investor would react who was coming to Thailand on a Non B and wanted to spend $200 million to open a factory and was denied entry because he did not have a WP. I guarantee he would take his money elsewhere. The IOs need to start to spend their energy on those areas where most people are violating the law- Tourist Visas and working.. This situation shows that they are poorly trained and wasting the taxpayers money as well as presenting the Kingdom as unfriendly to investors.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what they normally do. They are entitled to ask to see a WP and if the person can't produce it they have the right to question why not. The evidence proved nothing. But IMO any IO presented with this potentially fake paperwork would allow the person to enter which they did.

Someone holding a non 'B' without a WP is more likely to be illegally working than someone with a tourist visa so I don't see your argument.

The fact that this person is re-entering Thailand with a non 'B' visa it's perfectly justifiable for the IO to ask to see a WP on the assumption that it would have been obtained already. The IO was just doing his job and I don't see anything to complain about.

It's interesting that the OP went armed with all this paperwork. It's as if they were expecting to be grilled.

Yes was expecting to be grilled. Not because I've done anything wrong, but because Immigration have no idea how to handle risk assessment of an individual in regards to complying with a Visa.

Which was proven by the 1 hour interrogation. They had no interest in searching my bag (where its possible they may have found evidence of me working... Timecard/Employment Contract/Whatever.

They had no interest in requesting to see my Thai Bank book (where its possible they may have found evidence of when my last salary was deposited)

They had no interest in searching me or my bag for drugs

They had no interest in confirming the documents I did have.

They are not capable of making a determination based on anything other than the little voice bouncing around in their own heads.

• Like 2

Just had an expat meeting last Sunday with around 20 farangs here in Isaan.

6 Farangs pay someone in Pattaya to do their extension of stay also they do not have the minimum of 400,000 Baht those brokers put in the money and charge 30,000 Baht yearly. For 90 days reportings the farangs mails his passport to Pattaya and gets it back after 4 days.

2 Farangs have a company on paper in Pattaya and got their NoneB-M from the German consulate in Frankfurt. No work permit really and they exit every 3 months via Mukdahan and return an hour later to activate the new entry. As I said the company is just on paper and not even trading properly.

1 Farang has a NoneB-M also from Frankfurt but this guy is flooded with cash, build a mansion owns a couple of European limos and has a GF from a bar in Pattaya. His visa however is valid as he invests a lot in the Thai financial market and is now looking to buy a hotel in Thailand.

The other farangs are mostly married to a Thai and are on a retirement visa for 400k. One got a divorce and he has 800k in the bank.

The other 12 farangs

Is this a cliff hanger? lol

We demand to know what the other 12 farangs do!

Just had an expat meeting last Sunday with around 20 farangs here in Isaan.

6 Farangs pay someone in Pattaya to do their extension of stay also they do not have the minimum of 400,000 Baht those brokers put in the money and charge 30,000 Baht yearly. For 90 days reportings the farangs mails his passport to Pattaya and gets it back after 4 days.

2 Farangs have a company on paper in Pattaya and got their NoneB-M from the German consulate in Frankfurt. No work permit really and they exit every 3 months via Mukdahan and return an hour later to activate the new entry. As I said the company is just on paper and not even trading properly.

1 Farang has a NoneB-M also from Frankfurt but this guy is flooded with cash, build a mansion owns a couple of European limos and has a GF from a bar in Pattaya. His visa however is valid as he invests a lot in the Thai financial market and is now looking to buy a hotel in Thailand.

The other farangs are mostly married to a Thai and are on a retirement visa for 400k. One got a divorce and he has 800k in the bank.

The other 12 farangs

Is this a cliff hanger? lol

We demand to know what the other 12 farangs do!

I believe they all 'fell' off the balcony of their condos before they needed to go to Immigration,

That's because you are a farang and your social standing is approximately that of a Buffalo.

You have you're own company? Don't think for a second that these natives are jealous as can be, so hence, shake you down and give you a hard time. They hate us, but tough, we're a fact of life.

The best "in you face" thing you can do in Thailand is to have a prosperous business and flaunt it. Dress up in silk suits when you go to immigration to do your annual extension renewal, and laugh.

• Like 1

As a follow up to my post, upon my return last week, every bit of my passport, visas, reentry checked for about 10 min

asked to put phone number on TM card along with reentry validation till date.

No doubt looking for something wrong, but did not & entered as usual.

Word of warning, make sure everything is squeeky clean & right.

They did NOT ask to see my work permit