Korat Night Market is Overwhelmingly Huge

Nice Boyd

I hate Thai markets.

Nothing I like better than a couple of early evening beers people watching in a Thai night market with an amazing choice of fresh cooked food on offer.

" nothing I like better " really ? amazing ? dude ya need to get a life .

I hate Thai markets.

Nothing I like better than a couple of early evening beers people watching in a Thai night market with an amazing choice of fresh cooked food on offer.

Amazing is it 'dude'? ...that people of different nationality, race, culture, sex, religion, sexual persuasion and age, might have a different life from you and might possibly enjoy doing different things from you?

I should add that 'Nothing I like better' is a British saying not to be taken absolutely literally......It refers to something you really like doing and not necessarily your # 1 preference.

Edited by SunsetT

I hate Thai markets.

Have you been there Mik Super duper member?

Pray tell us all what you do with your life. I can't wait.

Great day out. Go and watch the mighty Swatcats then off to the market, grab a couple of beers, get something to eat and watch Issan's finest Girlies walking past.

What's not to like?

and also you can smell TAFFS cooking in the distance while he is supping a cold can of JOHN KEPPLERS.biggrin.png

Its big but really you could cram all the products on offer into 10 stalls, not 400

Boo, humbug....we are going there tonight with Robin and Tan, will see you there...hahaha then onto Banrai, for a 250 baht cigarette? If I call you a Numbskull, will I get banned? again? . (You are not a Numbskull Lee). Just going for merit points mate, you can buy me a beer at Banrai later!!

Can anyone say if they have clean toilets and the cost please. Thank you.

They have toilets, not too bad....the cost? For the toilet? Pee is free, a dump is 1,000 baht..(not really)

Never had a poo there, so I cannot say, but come on, it's gonna be less than 10 baht, I would imagine.

If you have to ask mate, maybe you should go number 2 BEFORE you go there....hahaha

it was ok I thought. As others have said it really is repetitive with many of the same things repeated over and over again. If you are in the city for a visit, I do recommend the zoo. Not really fancy but it is outdoors and quiet. Good for some walk about as you hop on or off the trams.

I hate Thai markets.

I second that sentiment,smile.png

when in Thailand the wife and me always visit the night markets in our area in KKC. our favorite is a small one by the University, partly because it is near our house. When ever we have people visiting from Farang-land we always take then there,they all love it.

Did a Google search in Images "Korat night markets" not sure if I am looking at the one mentioned in the OP but it looks nice,

Back in Farang-land now working , Missing Thailand very muchsad.png, will be back in spring 2016 and cant wait

. We are planing to spend a couple of days in Korat and visit a friend, we will certainly visit the night market. Will look for you by the beer gardenbiggrin.png

Who says I don't like gardening laugh.png

Edited by sirineou

I hate Thai markets.

There are markets and then there are markets,trudging around a local Thai market knee deep in mud in the wet season with an incredibly loud Thai song being played over and over again ducking your head for the whole journey to avoid the ridiculously low umbrellas isn't my idea of fun.

On the other hand our local Saturday night market in Lom Sak Thanon Khon Dern or walking street for the uneducated is an enjoyable experience whereby local folk enjoy traditional Thai dancing and forging knives and tools over an open fire,it's a real slice of Thailand.

Maybe I was a little quick to add my disdain for all markets.

I hate Thai markets.

There are markets and then there are markets,trudging around a local Thai market knee deep in mud in the wet season with an incredibly loud Thai song being played over and over again ducking your head for the whole journey to avoid the ridiculously low umbrellas isn't my idea of fun.

On the other hand our local Saturday night market in Lom Sak Thanon Khon Dern or walking street for the uneducated is an enjoyable experience whereby local folk enjoy traditional Thai dancing and forging knives and tools over an open fire,it's a real slice of Thailand.

Maybe I was a little quick to add my disdain for all markets.

"On the other hand our local Saturday night market in Lom Sak Thanon Khon Dern or walking street for the uneducated"

This sounds nice also,

but why they would have a market for the uneducated is beyond me.

How does it work? do they have pictures instead of words on the signs?laugh.png

Edited by sirineou

it was ok I thought. As others have said it really is repetitive with many of the same things repeated over and over again. If you are in the city for a visit, I do recommend the zoo. Not really fancy but it is outdoors and quiet. Good for some walk about as you hop on or off the trams.

Have u been to KK zoo, I know they had accident with shuttle, has anybody been to both??? Which do u recommend?

I agree, the Korat Zoo is quite good, the shows were enjoyable. I took my daughter and young niece, both loved it. Got rained out last visit and intend to return for another look see

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I agree, the Korat Zoo is quite good, the shows were enjoyable. I took my daughter and young niece, both loved it. Got rained out last visit and intend to return for another look see

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I happened to go there myself as I was just foraying into the North East from Pattaya by bus killing a few days. Funny thing is I bought my little Zoo ticket, got on the tram thing. It was just me and one couple several rows in front of me. The tram went about 50 yards, stopped and 200 school kids jumped on with two of their teachers! Too funny. Two of the young ladies got over their shyness and spoke some English and I my little Thai. I was the only falang on the thing. I got a lot of looks and they were all giggling and looking. I had a nice chat with the teacher. By the end of the trip the group had adopted me. I bought a bunch of feed for the giraffes and of course gave it to the kids to hand to the giraffes. I got off the tram one stop before the ticket area because I saw an ice cream cart. All the kids waved bye. Funny day. I found the shuttle bus that took us back to town and that was cheap. I had taken a motorbike taxi from town to the zoo because I didn't really plan or figure out how else to get there. That was OK too.

• 3 weeks later...