How to get your Thai wife back?

I am not a school teacher and make more than 100k baht per month.

I pay for my wife's clothing shop that she rents monthly 10k baht.

I give her a extra 15k baht a month allowance.

She has 1 house her family lives in I pay for that 7k baht per month.

I have my own house that we live in together 8k baht per month.

I also pay for most of the daily expenses.

I bought her gold when we married and gave her 150k baht.

But since she isn't speaking to me the money train has come to a halt.

So I am not a poor farang

Are you a school teacher?

All Thai women think farang's have money hidden somewhere, family, etc.

She probably figured out you don't have anything, cannot buy her a house, car, etc.

She is probably lost all her "face" with her family and friends marrying a farang who has nothing.

Do you really think a Thai woman wants to marry a farang and live in a rented the room the rest of her life with no land, gold, house, car? Really? You yourself need to do a reality check.

Can you blame her?

Thai's can live deadbeat lives on their own.

They are looking for something better they cannot get for themselves.

Trying to rationalize with a Thai woman will never work. It is not love. Thai's don't love, they love money and material things.

If you give a good Thai women the best of everything, sure she will love you. But if you are a broke deadbeat school teacher and she sees no financial future with you, well I do not blame her one bit.

You need to wake up. You think because you are 30 year old Handsum man she will love your forever? Enough love to be poor forever?

You really need to wise up then as you have no understanding of Thai women.

Thai women can marry deadbeat Thai men that have nothing same as you. They speak the same language, eat the same food, have the same culture, live the same with the same expectations of nothing.

Farangs on the other hand, are there to give the ladies something they cannot get from poor thai man.

What are you doing in Thailand at 30 years old? Was your life already a failure in your own country and you thought someone would love you forever just because you are a farang?

You need to understand one fact. No one, especially at your age, wants to have NOTHING. Let alone NO DREAMS.

This is exactly what your wife has.

If you loved her, why didn't you take her back to your country and get a real job and provide a real life for her?

The fact is mate, this is all on you and your misconception that Thai women love poor foreigners. How misguided can you get?

She has no hope now and no dreams because you cannot provide for her.

No amount of talking in the world will save that.

The same thing will happen when the next Thai woman finds out you have nothing and not earning power.

Go home and get an education and have a real life of your own

The kind of love you are dreaming about left town years and years and years ago.

Show me the money!

Edited by flyingsaucersarereal

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She probably figured out you don't have anything, cannot buy her a house, car, etc.

She is probably lost all her "face" with her family and friends marrying a farang who has nothing.

Do you really think a Thai woman wants to marry a farang and live in a rented the room the rest of her life with no land, gold, house, car? Really? You yourself need to do a reality check.

Can you blame her?

Trying to rationalize with a Thai woman will never work. It is not love. Thai's don't love, they love money and material things.

If you give a good Thai women the best of everything, sure she will love you. But if you are a broke deadbeat school teacher and she sees no financial future with you, well I do not blame her one bit.

You need to wake up. You think because you are 30 year old Handsum man she will love your forever? Enough love to be poor forever?

Thai women can marry deadbeat Thai men that have nothing same as you. They speak the same language, eat the same food, have the same culture, live the same with the same expectations of nothing.

Farangs on the other hand, are there to give the ladies something they cannot get from poor thai man.

What are you doing in Thailand at 30 years old? Was your life already a failure in your own country and you thought someone would love you forever just because you are a farang?

You need to understand one fact. No one, especially at your age, wants to have NOTHING. Let alone NO DREAMS.

If you loved her, why didn't you take her back to your country and get a real job and provide a real life for her?

The fact is mate, this is all on you and your misconception that Thai women love poor foreigners. How misguided can you get?

The same thing will happen when the next Thai woman finds out you have nothing and not earning power.

The kind of love you are dreaming about left town years and years and years ago.

Show me the money!

Jeez, where did the rest of that post come from "bwpage3".......I only saw and responded to the first 8 lines which seemed to be a complete post. Then I see the rest of it which gives it a different perspective entirely!!!!!

Not only that, it makes a whole host of assumptions which turn out to be incorrect according to the OP and furthermore makes you look like a complete a/hole.

Give the guy a break and believe what he says and if that is the case then money doesn't appear to be the problem unless she was expecting millions of baht and a new house, but then she would have known his financial status already and whether he was good for it.........something else is in play here I suspect.

Edited by xylophone

Can you blame her?

Show me the money!

Jeez, where did the rest of that post come from "bwpage3".......I only saw and responded to the first 8 lines which seemed to be a complete post. Then I see the rest of it which gives it a different perspective entirely!!!!!

Not only that, it makes a whole host of assumptions which turn out to be incorrect according to the OP and furthermore makes you look like a complete a/hole.

Give the guy a break and believe what he says and if that is the case then money doesn't appear to be the problem unless she was expecting millions of baht and a new house, but then she would have known his financial status already and whether he was good for it.........something else is in play here I suspect.

Xylophone really? Before you rail on anyone read between the lines.

You really think the OP is loaded and his wife is just going to walk away from all that money?

He has his own house that they live in for 8,000 a month (Isn't that a give away how he lives when his rent is cheaper than his wife's shop rent?

8,000 a month means it is not their house, he is renting.

He rents a house for the in-laws, did not buy a house or land for the family (Loss of face)

So no house of her own. No mention of a car of their own. No house or land for her parents.

Income maybe, but no way to verify.

At the end of the day, she OWNS nothing, it is all rented.

The 15k a month is not to her expectations, whereas a house and land to "save face" probably were

The OP knows exactly this is the reason.

When you marry a Thai, you marry the whole family and your 7,000 rent donation to the family makes you look like cheap charlie

No face for them! More important than pocket cash. Thai 101

Can you blame her?

Show me the money!

You really think the OP is loaded and his wife is just going to walk away from all that money?

He has his own house that they live in for 8,000 a month (Isn't that a give away how he lives when his rent is cheaper than his wife's shop rent?

He rents a house for the in-laws, did not buy a house or land for the family (Loss of face)

So no house of her own. No mention of a car of their own. No house or land for her parents.

The 15k a month is not to her expectations, whereas a house and land to "save face" probably were

When you marry a Thai, you marry the whole family and your 7,000 rent donation to the family makes you look like cheap charlie

I have cut off the money 100% we will see how long they last. If I am so bad lets see how they manage without me.

Before I paid for the parents monthly rent and her shops rent and gave her 15k baht a month if that's not enough so be it then have nothing.

Ungrateful mak mak I don't care about there "face" I give as much as I can sorry I am such a disappointment my wife.

Edited by flyingsaucersarereal

Can you blame her?

Show me the money!

If you are right bwpage3, then this situation has given the OP a chance to see what is valuable to his wife, and what is not.

Personally, I think that's a good thing.

The problem is your relationship has never been about anything else BUT money. you are supporting her and her family. Why is she not paying her own bills and her mom's. you guys never learn. There is a difference in helping out in times of emergency need and becoming an ATM. You are an ATM and likely she never had any love for you. You bought yourself a wife and now the warranty has expired. Wise up...look for a girl who can support herself next time. Rule # 1. I never go out with anyone who does not have an education and a good job...only then can I be assured the relationship is based upon something other than $$$$

Can you blame her?

Show me the money!

As I said, I think something else is in play and even if as one other poster has suggested, by him stopping the money he will be able to see what the situation is, really may not work out anyway, because she may well just fallen out of love with him and/or doesn't want to be in that situation any more, irrespective of money?

I think there would be many Thai girls who would jump at the opportunity to live with a guy who earns 1.2 million baht per annum; gives her and her family 32,000 baht per month; allows her to live free of charge and to top it all, has been given 150,000 baht worth of gold, AND she would have known about his financial situation before they got married, so what has changed – – nothing, apart from probably her feelings and desire not to be in a relationship, or as I said, something else is in play.

2 scenarios from my point of view

If you ever watched thai soaps, one of the most consistent themes is the concept of the woman 'ngon' and the man then has to 'ngaw' her.

ngon - meaning pouting , silent treatment etc and ngaw meaning fawning over her, literally falling over her to find out what's wrong and then begging her for forgiveness etc.

Most thai women seem to think that's what's needed to be done in real life and seem to be doing it all the time - to keep their men in line- so to speak.

The other scenario is that she's found another guy equally well off or more.

This is based on the point that you've stopped payments. She would not be pouting indefintely if she didn't have some financial backup.

I'd be more inclined to think of the 2nd scenario.

Can you blame her?

Show me the money!

You sure pay a lot.........................hahahaha. Serious no matter how much you pay if a girl dont like you she dont like you.

Three possible scenarios in my book:

1. Someone in the background is controlling her; either mother, family, bf or gik.

2. She is trying to control you - get you into a place whereby you will fawn over her and submit to her demands

3. Marriage to you hasn't met her expectations. They often say "up-to-you" but in reality they have some ballpark figure in mind.

You are doing the right thing in backing off and waiting for her to react. Let her show her hand first. Then you'll find out what the issue is, and you can decide how you want to move on. If she doesn't react then she really isn't interested in you at all, despite the funds you've been injecting, so just accept your relationship is going nowhere and end it amicably as possible.

It's all about the rent and nothing to call her own.

The OP states he has money but never states why everything is rented and not purchased a home/land, even for them?

She obviously had higher expectations that just money.

Maybe the OP is smart, and is not prepared to buy ANYTHING in a country where he can't own other than a condo (which may not suit), where laws relating to foreigners may change on a whim, any probably a hundred other logical (to Thais) reasons.

I see the advice here time and again....don't buy anything that you can't afford to walk away from. He's just taking the advice as I see it, and some people prefer to rent, even all their lives, rather than buy. He chooses to lose nothing if he has to walk away, and may even be earning on the stock market instead of locking money into property. The stock market traditionally earns better than property, and shares can be sold on a moment's notice, property is usually more difficult.

I had a career in an industry that paid a LOT of money, and people had huge disposable incomes. They bought boats, aircraft, and of course, women (married them). Most did their ar$es financially, hence the old saying, if it floats, flies or f****, don't buy it......HIRE IT !!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

The OP states he has money but never states why everything is rented and not purchased a home/land, even for them?

Maybe the OP is smart, and is not prepared to buy ANYTHING in a country where he can't own other than a condo (which may not suit), where laws relating to foreigners may change on a whim, any probably a hundred other logical (to Thais) reasons.

I see the advice here time and again....don't buy anything that you can't afford to walk away from. He's just taking the advice as I see it, and some people prefer to rent, even all their lives, rather than buy. He chooses to lose nothing if he has to walk away, and may even be earning on the stock market instead of locking money into property. The stock market traditionally earns better than property, and shares can be sold on a moment's notice, property is usually more difficult.

I had a career in an industry that paid a LOT of money, and people had huge disposable incomes. They bought boats, aircraft, and of course, women (married them). Most did their ar$es financially, hence the old saying, if it floats, flies or f****, don't buy it......HIRE IT !!!

The post is about the OP losing his wife, not what he can or cannot walk away from.

I suspect from her point of view, not owning anything means she has nothing, even if she has some money.

It's all about the land and house ownership, every Thai girls dream.

Strange the OP did not understand her "requirements" before he got married.

The post is about the OP losing his wife, not what he can or cannot walk away from.

I suspect from her point of view, not owning anything means she has nothing, even if she has some money.

It's all about the land and house ownership, every Thai girls dream.

Strange the OP did not understand her "requirements" before he got married.

Hmmmm...maybe "she" did not understand OP his requirements before she got married...