Fending Off GF's Friends?

jerojero

GF of several years has a number of female friends of whom some enjoy the financial benefits of well-off farang boyfriends or husbands. Such friends have the condo and or house, significant monthly support, and trips around Asia. Good relationship and GF doesn't complain at all that she doesn't get the same, as I'm of modest income, but I know it silently bothers her. Suggestions how to manage the situation, fend off her friends or repeated exposure to her friends good fortune wirh rich BF?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she dont like it she needs to leave or you need to take a bank loan out....your choice, fending ofv her friends is control freak behaviour and will create even more problems...

... Was thinking more about hanging out lots with her friends that are not hooked up with a rich BF, and minimally with her "rich" female friends.

If she dont like it she needs to leave or you need to take a bank loan out....your choice, fending ofv her friends is control freak behaviour and will create even more problems...

... Was thinking more about hanging out lots with her friends that are not hooked up with a rich BF, and minimally with her "rich" female friends.

So your forcing her to associate with people of your choosing not hers, because you have your own agenda, thats being a control freak

... Not really, as she's not asked, nor ever demanded anything more from me than I can legitimately give her. She well knows my financial constraints. Just know she's less than happy or perhaps jealous that some of her friends scored the jackpot hooking up with well-off farangs.

... Not really, as she's not asked, nor ever demanded anything more from me than I can legitimately give her. She well knows my financial constraints. Just know she's less than happy or perhaps jealous that some of her friends scored the jackpot hooking up with well-off farangs.

Then its up to her to either find a guy that gives her what she wants or stay with you. Quite simple.

She just needs to either accept that what she has is good enough or move on. Nothing you can do will change that.

So your forcing her to associate with people of your choosing not hers, because you have your own agenda, thats being a control freak
... Perhaps not really, as I'm simply uncomfortable as she may be when her friends' BF spurges on bottles of champagne, and I afford a round or two of regular cocktails. She says it's ok that I cannot afford expensive drinks or splurged outings.

Then its up to her to either find a guy that gives her what she wants or stay with you. Quite simple.

She just needs to either accept that what she has is good enough or move on. Nothing you can do will change that.

... Yes you may be right. Just trying to perhaps lessen her hidden jealousy or keep her expectations realistically in check by suggesting how to "fend off certain of her friends".

... Yes you may be right. Just trying to perhaps lessen her hidden jealousy or keep her expectations realistically in check by suggesting how to "fend off certain of her friends".

Doing that will not solve the problem just hide it. So its either her accepting what she has or moving on. If you start to out certain friends it will work against you for sure. Besides all those friends did wrong was having a richer farang BF. Its not like they are bad friends or a real bad influence.

Doing that will not solve the problem just hide it. So its either her accepting what she has or moving on. If you start to out certain friends it will work against you for sure. Besides all those friends did wrong was having a richer farang BF. Its not like they are bad friends or a real bad influence.

... Yes, seemingly sound advice. Thanks.

I am being to get a feeling its not the GF who has the issue with this but you

.. You may be right somewhat as I'd really like to offer her more financial benefit. But I'm not destitute, treat her with respect, and can afford occasional decent gifts of gold and nice outings. But as she sees and joins her friends in constant lavish outings, is this unduly influencing her expectations?

You will never know will you till some thing happens, so here are your choices

1. Bin her due to possible insecurites about yourself

2. Get more money and keep up with Jones

3. Do nothing, keep doing what your doing and see what happens, and if the pouting starts cos she wants more show her the door

You will never know will you till some thing happens, so here are your choices

1. Bin her due to possible insecurites about yourself

2. Get more money and keep up with Jones

3. Do nothing, keep doing what your doing and see what happens, and if the pouting starts cos she wants more show her the door

... Thanks for your advice. Cheers!

Give her lots of love. Rich BFs can't do that and she will notice - they are too insecure about their own GF's motives. I speak from experience (but with more than a hint of stereotyping of course).

Edited by SantiSuk

Your insecure pure and simple....you don't know what she thinks unless she's told you, stay within your means and who's to say these so called rich bfs and husbands are actually rich lot of people splash some money around and it looks more than what it is.

Most Thia women are in it for love not $ like a lot of jaded guys here claim, treat her well and love her unconditionally and keep a check on your thoughts.

Give her lots of love. Rich BFs can't do that and she will notice - they are too insecure about their own GF's motives. I speak from experience (but with more than a hint of stereotyping of course).

Rich people can't give love? Are you retarded?

Rich people can't give love? Are you retarded?

here's the thing rich people can give love, can also buy lots of stuff that poor sorry arse's cannot cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

can also buy as much lovin as they want - Yeehaaaclap2.gif

Buy her a dog...than she has no time for her friends anymore....

Or get her pregnant...biggrin.png
Both worked out pretty well for me...
... Ha ha, have considered that!

that's how thais do it to get out of sinsods, get their girl pregnant. was not my intention but same thing happened to me. girl I had been seeing casually for a number of years (without any financial support, why I will never know)got pregnant and is greatfull for the salary I pay her. luckily she does not hang around with any of the girls from he old bar. seems having a thai girlfriend often involves dealing with her friends b#llshit as well. if you don't have kids better cut her loose and just go about enjoying your single life.

... Perhaps not really, as I'm simply uncomfortable as she may be when her friends' BF spurges on bottles of champagne, and I afford a round or two of regular cocktails. She says it's ok that I cannot afford expensive drinks or splurged outings.

Are you sure these other guys are actually rich ?

I've met a lot of "weekend millionaires" who like to play the big man :)

Your insecure pure and simple....you don't know what she thinks unless she's told you, stay within your means and who's to say these so called rich bfs and husbands are actually rich lot of people splash some money around and it looks more than what it is.

Most Thia women are in it for love not $ like a lot of jaded guys here claim, treat her well and love her unconditionally and keep a check on your thoughts.

you for real? hope you are joking. basically every thai girl/ferang 'relationship' I have seen in my 10 years of life in Thailand has been based on money. almost without fail the relationships have been about draining as much from the buffalo as possible. sometime quickly if the girl does not like her sponsor. or quickly if she is enjoying the lifestyle and can still get away to bang her thai boy occasionally.