Thaksin says reconciliation must stem from justice

webfact

This from the man who told everyone he didn't want anything else to do with politics in Thailand and is hiding abroad instead of coming back to face charges for his own justice.

He could have been guaranteed a more-than-fair trial when Yingluck and the red thugs were around but he didn't. That is pretty clear evidence to me that he knows he is guilty. The amnesty disgrace just confirmed it. I wonder what interpretation of 'justice' that came under.

The man is a blatant and shameless liar. Anyone who takes what he says seriously are either gullible idiots or admire him for how much he managed to steal with his corruption. I don't have time for either type.

Im sure he doesnt have time for you also. Too gullible to see whats going on or just a failure to see the truth. Never mind, Im sure Thaksin is happy not to have your support or like the majority, probably doesnt care one way or another.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has Thaksin promised and sworn he would not get involved in Thai politics anymore? Yeah, right... So what does that make him, on top of being a compulsive liar? How long will he further be allowed to play his evil, egomaniac games? Should he really have to wait until Kharma punishes him?

Karma. Rightio.

News for you my friend. Everyone is a liar, Thaksin, you, me.

Being selective in condemning liars isn't really very useful.

Remain calm.

Do you lie all the time? Have your lies been destructive, and expensive, for all Thailand? Don't think so, my little ones never damaged anybody's life for sure...

SIlly. Just silly.

in other news, the pot said all kettles should be white.

The only true justice would this piece of human dung answering for the crimes he has committed, against humanity and the Thai people as a whole.

The hypocrisy of this scumbag never ceases to amaze me.

A true sociopath.

Someone other than brave students need to remind people that this country is in a depressing, undemocratic, Totalitarian mess right now, so good on him.

Hasn't Thailand always been undemocratic and totalitarian? Not much Democracy under Thaksin's rule. And don't mention voting. That isn't the end all and be-all of democracy. Democracy relies on the rule of law. None in Thailand under Thaksin or now. Democracy relies on free and fair elections. None of that under Thaksin's watch and non now. Democracy relies on honest and open accountb;e government. None of that etc etc etc (continued on page 94). Ignorant posts such as the above get my goat. Expresses no understanding at all of the current or past situations.

Thaksin should just keep silence and allow this regime to self destruct. Really no need to prod or instigate; the unhappiness divide is widering and all the PM actions has only solidified and galvanized the Reds support and even the educated neutrals. Thailand history is never kind to the military extending their unwelcome stay. Sooner or later, an election will be held and another Thaksin party will back in power.

What I still don't get is how this guy is still out there without a leash. If this had happened 30 years back he would have just disappeared and none of the pain and suffering he and his caused would have occurred. There was corruption and excesses then, of course, but nothing on the scale this guy perpetrated, they would not have allowed it. Oh, for the good ole days of the proper General dictatorship in charge, it works. They actually had the average Thai more at heart then than the Hi-so million dollar boys club set. I wish K.Prayut all the best in bringing this man to justice.

How many times has Thaksin promised and sworn he would not get involved in Thai politics anymore? Yeah, right... So what does that make him, on top of being a compulsive liar? How long will he further be allowed to play his evil, egomaniac games? Should he really have to wait until Kharma punishes him?

Karma. Rightio.

Remain calm.

Speak for yourself - I don't lie, it's against my principles to lie. It gets me into trouble sometimes but I live a conscience free life and tell people not to ask me opinions on something if they suspect that I might answer the opposite to what they want to hear.

Interesting statement from a man who has been running away from justice for the past 7 years or so.

There is no end to the bs that can be pronounced by politicians, and always on the most serious of tones.

Karma. Rightio.

Remain calm.

Do you lie all the time? Have your lies been destructive, and expensive, for all Thailand? Don't think so, my little ones never damaged anybody's life for sure...

SIlly. Just silly.

Surely wasn't silly of him to lie about his assets, was it, as when he wouldn't have had, he probably couldn't have become PM... Just another 'little white lie'?

Didn't go much on his brand of justice myself or his idea of wealth distribution either.

The whole post made by Thaksin is aimed at creating fresh trouble

.For all of its faults under the current administration life has been far more peaceful and protest free.

But what the paymaster really means by sense of justice is that there is a blanket proclamation of 'never mind' and we reset the clock to day 1.

Probably right. We should not forget that Thaksin was amaat, his problem was always and only that he became too popular. His instinct was always on the side of the privileged., so naturally he tried to do what thew amaat has always done - look after himself in the time-honoured Thai way.

He probably shouldn't have pissed off Prem though, these people hold grudges.

Thaksin isn't amaat, he's the son of a farming rent taker from Chiangmai who had a phone company. The amaat don't want anything to do with him.

He is nouveau riche who got well above his station. Money isn't class old boy....

What I still don't get is how this guy is still out there without a leash. If this had happened 30 years back he would have just disappeared and none of the pain and suffering he and his caused would have occurred. There was corruption and excesses then, of course, but nothing on the scale this guy perpetrated, they would not have allowed it. Oh, for the good ole days of the proper General dictatorship in charge, it works. They actually had the average Thai more at heart then than the Hi-so million dollar boys club set. I wish K.Prayut all the best in bringing this man to justice.

The 'King's Marshals' of yore should IMHO indeed have been revived! ...For when Justice has failed, but, oh boy, they'd have a hell of a big job to do then...

Didn't go much on his brand of justice myself or his idea of wealth distribution either.

.For all of its faults under the current administration life has been far more peaceful and protest free.

But what the paymaster really means by sense of justice is that there is a blanket proclamation of 'never mind' and we reset the clock to day 1.

Probably right. We should not forget that Thaksin was amaat, his problem was always and only that he became too popular. His instinct was always on the side of the privileged., so naturally he tried to do what thew amaat has always done - look after himself in the time-honoured Thai way.

Thaksin isn't amaat, he's the son of a farming rent taker from Chiangmai who had a phone company. The amaat don't want anything to do with him.

He is nouveau riche who got well above his station. Money isn't class old boy....

You, 'Thai at Heart', telling us Thaksin isn't 'amart', can't be, especially you, don't know better! Attempting to mislead, again?

Wasn't his grand'mother the daughter of a Princess, daughter of the last King of Chiang Mai (married to yet another wealthy Chinese)? No amart that? Would his old amart 'ex-' wife ever have been married with him when he would not have been?

I'd agree though the origin of the family's wealth, dating back to the arrival of the founder of the Kushun's empire, later named Shinawat(ra) to avoid the tax on Chinese businesses, arrival in the late 19th century, in his thirties and already able to at once buy an, expensive, tax farming charge (what did North Siam export to China, sponsored by the Nippon Empire...? No, not silk!)...

And Thaksin's father was 'just' 'a farming rent taker...who had a phone company'? Joking or what? Look it up guys! The Shins &Co. were already holding Chiang Mai and the North in their grip at the grand-father and uncles' time, what a bunch of...!

You, 'Thai at Heart', telling us Thaksin isn't 'amart', can't be, especially you, don't know better! Attempting to mislead, again?
Wasn't his grand'mother the daughter of a Princess, daughter of the last King of Chiang Mai (married to yet another wealthy Chinese)? No amart that? Would his old amart 'ex-' wife ever have been married with him when he would not have been?
I'd agree though the origin of the family's wealth, dating back to the arrival of the founder of the Kushun's empire, later named Shinawat(ra) to avoid the tax on Chinese businesses, arrival in the late 19th century, in his thirties and already able to at once buy an, expensive, tax farming charge (what did North Siam export to China, sponsored by the Nippon Empire...? No, not silk!)...
And Thaksin's father was 'just' 'a farming rent taker...who had a phone company'? Joking or what? Look it up guys! The Shins &Co. were already holding Chiang Mai and the North in their grip at the grand-father and uncles' time, what a bunch of...!

The Bangkok amaat definitely don't see him as anything important at all. He's a provincial upstart.

He and some other families run Chiangmai. There was another Chiangmai PM before him for about 2 weeks, that not many people remember. The amaat saw him off too.

These provincial families are not amaat.

He was a policeman for God's sake, who failed 3 or 4 times through. You think the true amaat of Thailand do something as menial as be a policeman?

thaksin,s ONLY problem was that he became too popular ? Can you be serious ? What about the massive corruption for personal gain, what about the murder of thousands of so called drug dealers (including women and children) in a couple of months, what about the sale to his wife of a huge piece of government land in downtown Bangkok for a tiny percentage of it,s real value, you know, the one where everyone who said "You can,t do this, it,s illegal" ! was told to shut up and mind their own business ! Are you real !

His words ring so true & surely those who are not complete fools realise this too.

The 'justice, law & order' dealt out by the general & the junta are seen by a large portion of the Thai (& foreign) population to be nothing more than a political purge. The junta's blatantly obvious alliance and favouritism for the yellows & even more blatant persecution of Yingluck & PTP is as reconciliatory as stirring up a hornets' nest.

Odd how many folk can't get over this obsession with Thaksin.

OCD seems to be more common these days.

This was your third comment on this topic Joe. Do you qualify for OCD as well ?

Not surprised so many people are obsessed with the man, it's not every day such a slimy, conniving low-life like him comes along.

thaksin,s ONLY problem was that he became too popular ? Can you be serious ? What about the massive corruption for personal gain, what about the murder of thousands of so called drug dealers (including women and children) in a couple of months, what about the sale to his wife of a huge piece of government land in downtown Bangkok for a tiny percentage of it,s real value, you know, the one where everyone who said "You can,t do this, it,s illegal" ! was told to shut up and mind their own business ! Are you real !

Several pieces of BS in your yellow-inspired lies. Don't make a fool of yourself & insult those of us who know the facts with such <deleted>.

The man is absolutely right.

There should be justice for all: yellow, red and green. No one should be able run away from justice - everybody should be forced to face responsibility of actions. Then true reconciliation can begin.

So he could start by looking at himself and ask: "how could I help by setting a good example and show there should be justice for all?"

Odd how many folk can't get over this obsession with Thaksin.

OCD seems to be more common these days.

This was your third comment on this topic Joe. Do you qualify for OCD as well ?

Not surprised so many people are obsessed with the man, it's not every day such a slimy, conniving low-life like him comes along.

Mike, you talking about Suthep? If so, I agree.

Thaksin's great-grandfather, Seng Saekhu, was an immigrant from Meizhou, Guangdong, China, who arrived in Siam in the 1860s and settled in Chiang Mai in 1908. His eldest son, Chiang Saekhu, was born in Chanthaburi in 1890 and married a Thai woman named Saeng Samana. Chiang's eldest son, Sak, adopted the Thai surname Shinawatra ("routinely appropriate action") in 1938 because of the country's anti-Chinese movement, and the rest of the family also adopted it.

Seng Saekhu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Saekhu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then moved into finance, construction, and property development. Thaksin's father, Loet, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong. Yindi's father, Charoen Ramingwong (born: Wang Chuan Cheng), was a Hakka immigrant who married Princess Chanthip na Chiangmai, a minor member of the Lanna (Chiang Mai) royalty. In 1968, Loet Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal Party. Loet Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. He opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai.

The Bangkok amaat definitely don't see him as anything important at all. He's a provincial upstart.

He and some other families run Chiangmai. There was another Chiangmai PM before him for about 2 weeks, that not many people remember. The amaat saw him off too.

He was a policeman for God's sake, who failed 3 or 4 times through. You think the true amaat of Thailand do something as menial as be a policeman?

Menial? He studied at the Police Academy yes, according to the career his father and uncle Damapong had outlined for him, of course, you know there were several Police (one of Ass. Pol. Chief) and Army (one of RTA Chief, one Ass.) Generals in the clan, also MP's (DP!), like his father and uncle, and even a Minister or two when I'm correct. The clan, before 'diversifying' to more modern businesses (like real estate, or mobile telephony and satellites, both with exclusive rights...) owned whole swats of farming land (tens of thousands of rai, a zero more maybe), agro businesses, livestock, slaughter houses, as good as all of the silk, and buslines, and movie theaters, and, and, and, even a telephone Cy. indeed, in Chiang Mai and around... How was such wealth amassed?

True 'blue blood' nobility it might not be, but with 'amaat' you're misleading, pure 'elite' they are, not all the old one, but the Chinese merchants' one for sure!

Menial? He studied at the Police Academy yes, according to the career his father and uncle Damapong had outlined for him, of course, you know there were several Police (one of Ass. Pol. Chief) and Army (one of RTA Chief, one Ass.) Generals in the clan, also MP's (DP!), like his father and uncle, and even a Minister or two when I'm correct. The clan, before 'diversifying' to more modern businesses (like real estate, or mobile telephony and satellites, both with exclusive rights...) owned whole swats of farming land (tens of thousands of rai, a zero more maybe), agro businesses, livestock, slaughter houses, as good as all of the silk, and buslines, and movie theaters, and, and, and, even a telephone Cy. indeed, in Chiang Mai and around... How was such wealth amassed?
True 'blue blood' nobility it might not be, but with 'amaat' you're misleading, pure 'elite' they are, not all the old one, but the Chinese merchants' one for sure!

Yes, the family had boat loads of cash. Still doesn't make them amaat. As u said, he isn't blue blood nobility.

One qualification of which is you should have served king on country to its lasting benefit.

Thaksin's great-grandfather, Seng Saekhu, was an immigrant from Meizhou, Guangdong, China, who arrived in Siam in the 1860s and settled in Chiang Mai in 1908. His eldest son, Chiang Saekhu, was born in Chanthaburi in 1890 and married a Thai woman named Saeng Samana. Chiang's eldest son, Sak, adopted the Thai surname Shinawatra ("routinely appropriate action") in 1938 because of the country's anti-Chinese movement, and the rest of the family also adopted it.

Seng Saekhu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Saekhu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then moved into finance, construction, and property development. Thaksin's father, Loet, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong. Yindi's father, Charoen Ramingwong (born: Wang Chuan Cheng), was a Hakka immigrant who married Princess Chanthip na Chiangmai, a minor member of the Lanna (Chiang Mai) royalty. In 1968, Loet Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal Party. Loet Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. He opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai.

Anyone who says Thaksin was/is not amaat just hasn't been paying attention. Money, attitude, psychology, they're all the same, these amaat types, and Thaksin was a playmate (albeit regarded as nouveau-riche) until he committed the cardinal sin.

What Thaksin posts on social media creates an almost storm here in Thailand......the RTA and elite of Thailand, continue to be very cautious, or fearful of him, and dread his media posts......

Whether the foriegners like or dislike him matters not.....he and his clan continue to enjoy massive support throughout the country....and this support will be ongoing for ages!

I don't think there has been a personality in recent years in Thailand that has been able to gain and maintain such support..........

War on drugs, illegal land deals, ongoing court challenges that are ongoing and etc. on his part, are fairly meaningless to ordinary Thais........

fair is handing a lunch box to the judges? don't think he really knows the meaning of justice when his "war on drugs" which left more than 2000 "drug dealers" dead. Better that Mr. T keep his mouth shut and live peacefully abroad.

Imagine if the 2000 lives lost was under the DEM or General, how many people would cry murderer?

Do you realise that the RTA has killed more Thais than enemy in the past 50 years or so?