PM Prayut upset over chasing of tourist by beach chair operator in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every wonder why every beach chair is the same?

They are very uncomfortable, difficult to eat while sitting in, hard to get out of, hurt your legs if you sit crooked.

Plastic chairs and beds are lighter, more durable, more comfortable and user friendly

Every wonder why all the beach umbrellas are 160 CM tall, when most customers, including younger Thais are 170 cm and up.

Dangerous getting your eye poked.

Longer poles could be used to raise the height 20 cm with no loss of shade.

Wait let me guess......

The Beach Chair and Umbrella pole Mafia.

If the chairs and poles were not controlled thais would have every sort of anything to offer. Thais would not all be uniform in presentation.

there would be some really good places and some crap......

This uniformity is the result of some very heavy handed people.

The man is faced with an insurmountable task, and I for one think he is doing the best he can. One thing he could improve on was the move by my hero who made it much easier for farangs to buy condos in their own name (we promise not not to move these condos away somewhere !). I mean Khun Anand Panyarachun, who was the best thing that happened to Thailand in a long time. Ask him to be an advisor for a mere 6 months and things will improve drastically !

Stop talking and show some action. If his words were bullets they couldn't blast through a wet paper bag. "Stop and if you don't stop I will yell STOP again"........

Start reading. The action that he took was to shut down the 4 businesses operating illegally on that beach.

How many of these announcements has he made across the nation how he is going to "shut down" corruption, mafia, and the like?

He shut down FOUR businesses???? Well, blow me away.

If you had said four hundred, I might be impressed.

You need to read more. He's done way more than shut down these four businesses. Yes a lot more needs to be done, but you're either uninformed or are disingenuous.

Please list these accomplishments to enlighten us all. I have heard a lot of talk, but have not seen the action. Apparently you have a better source than I.

Well done the PM.

Throw more weight about.

It will do only good.clap2.gif

Well done PM? The same PM that seemed less perturbed when two tourists were murdered on a Koh Tao beach? Why would you laud the guy just because the beach chairs violate his mandate and cause him to lose face? Sounds like you and the PM share misplaced priorities.

Hopefully, his rebuke should be a wake up call the useless local authorities....so instead of making money from these grubby vendors, maybe now for a while at least, they'll perform their correct duties.

But, as with Phuket, with vendors back, and business as usual....the income grafted from these people is just impossible to resist.

Our beloved PM is upset again? Is there something which doesn't makes him upset? Anything?

Govern Thailand with intend to at least make an effort in a national law enforcement clean up is like peeling an onion, the more you peel the more you cry!

Stop talking and show some action. If his words were bullets they couldn't blast through a wet paper bag. "Stop and if you don't stop I will yell STOP again"........

The four beach vendors are gone. Sounds like action to me.

That's "treating" the symptoms NOT the cause! sad.png

Just empty talk. And, so easy to point out this rather small incident and make it sound like you are doing something important but, meanwhile, all the really big problems are neglected--like traffic enforcement and all the other laws that are ignored.

correct, its a trivial thing. The only significance is at least the authorities have acted. i would like to see more and more action, lets hope so.

Start reading. The action that he took was to shut down the 4 businesses operating illegally on that beach.

No, the businesses were not "shut down.". The "local" authorities called a meeting of the vendors and ordered them to stop renting chairs on the beach, and if they continued then they would be prosecuted. What does that mean? Prosecution could take years and maybe the vendors stay on the beach until it is over?

Shutting down the vendors means taking away the chairs every time they show up on the beach.

He said he would hold local authorities responsible if such incident happens again. Prayut, do it NOW, for they have transgressed!

The problem for Thailand is that it rarely actually follows through with this type of edict.

Prayut has acted to shut down these vendors previously, but the local officials and local police have allowed the illegal businesses to open up again. Why? Because money changes hands of course.

In order for Prayut to really get the message across here, what he needs to do is prosecute the local officials and police NOW - because they allowed the businesses to open illegally.

It's not as if the officials didn't notice the money filling their coffers, and the local police patrolling the beach front - why didn't they notice? 'Cos they are looking the other way, that's why..

The more things change, the more they stay the same . . .

I wish the General would send his army boys down just to clean up the beaches. Down Pattaya way the beach at Ban Amphur is a disgrace. It would be the best swimming beach but no one in power cares. So sad.

What do you mean by clean up? If you mean all the garbage in the sea and on the beach then I agree. If you mean the vendors then I don't. Vendors occupy a very small part of what is a great beach and you'll get no hassle from them (the vendors) if you choose not to sit in their chairs.

I wish the General would send his army boys down just to clean up the beaches. Down Pattaya way the beach at Ban Amphur is a disgrace. It would be the best swimming beach but no one in power cares. So sad.

What do you mean by clean up? If you mean all the garbage in the sea and on the beach then I agree. If you mean the vendors then I don't. Vendors occupy a very small part of what is a great beach and you'll get no hassle from them (the vendors) if you choose not to sit in their chairs.

He said beaches, like in not only one beach, which ever one you are talking about.

Try to go and sit under a tree on the beach in Prathumnak. Was thrown away by

vendors there recently. Same with the beaches in Nanklua. Even if there are no chairs

or umbrellas, the hotels and condominiums there have uniformed guards that will tell

you to go sit somewhere else.

So, what do you mean, "a very small part of which is a great beach"...

Edited by Eagleizer