Majority supports Prayut's "close country" remark: Poll

rooster59

Majority supports Prayut's "close country" remark: Poll

BANGKOK: A majority of Thais, 55.07 per cent, supported Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha's remark: "If the country remains unstable, (National Centre for Peace and Order - NCPO) will stay on, even this means (we have to) close the country", according to Dusit Poll.

In a poll covering 1,119 respondents, 30.40 per cent considered this a bluff, saying the action could cause more damage and spur resistance from some groups.

In another question, 79.71 per cent said the Article 44 is the biggest strength of the Prayut administration. 78.73 per cent said the sluggishness of domestic economy in light of global impacts was the most vivid weakness of this government.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Majority-supports-Prayuts-close-country-remark-Pol-30272020.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-01

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article 44 is the only strenght of this government if you consider a self imposed power strength. Everything they have announced or pretended to do over 18 months has been a farce and the sooner they retreat back to doing whatever they do, the better chance Thailand has to recover from this mismanagement.

If its not too late already!

It is rather worrying if this 'poll' is a harbinger of the junta's intentions. Let us hope not.

If you look at past polls relating to the junta or gov pretty much all of them have supported what the gov wants and many of them have been used to give support to the gov ideas. Kind of like testing the water before you jump in. It would not surprise me if P deciced for national security that he needed to close thailand the same way N. Korea did. The same way he is tryin to get a single gateway to control what thais see and say online. Only time will tell thougg what is really on the gov agenda. Lets hope that whatever happens it doesnt turn into a miny china or N. Korea

Article 44 is the only strenght of this government if you consider a self imposed power strength. Everything they have announced or pretended to do over 18 months has been a farce and the sooner they retreat back to doing whatever they do, the better chance Thailand has to recover from this mismanagement.

If its not too late already!

play golf

It is rather worrying if this 'poll' is a harbinger of the junta's intentions. Let us hope not.

He's just singing from Sondhi Limongkuls hymn book. This idea was one of his favorites. Ironic considering his Chinese ancestry.

So.....close the country. No more foreign tourists or overseas investment ( except from oppressive states who like to brown nose each other )

No need for teflers or expats. Close the country and bring out the old red oil drums and plenty of petrol.

The great leaders plan for reconciliation and returning happiness to the people.

What a winner sad.png

Cool! Close it down! No more imports. No more exports. No more tourism. No more foreign investments. All the wonderful foreign technology will be dead within a month and this country will be back in the stone age. More power to them!

Lol! This made my Sunday morning. Really funny. Most of the respondents to the poll must be BUFFOONS! Why wait...close the country now....all imports, exports, tourism, close media, close internet, chase out all the expats....will be really SANOOK! Can wait till they close the country. I am already on my way out.

If you look at past polls relating to the junta or gov pretty much all of them have supported what the gov wants and many of them have been used to give support to the gov ideas. Kind of like testing the water before you jump in. It would not surprise me if P deciced for national security that he needed to close thailand the same way N. Korea did. The same way he is tryin to get a single gateway to control what thais see and say online. Only time will tell thougg what is really on the gov agenda. Lets hope that whatever happens it doesnt turn into a miny china or N. Korea

You actually think Prayuth might close Thailand like N Korea ?.

Man, you have no idea what's going on do you ?.

You understand nothing but think you do. Like the average North Korean actually. Do you really have any clue at all about why countries have international internet gateways ?.

I have seen nothing from Prayuth which leads me to doubt his intention to tackle the cause of things like the amnesty disgrace and a Parliament full of cronies before returning to whatever form of Thai-style democracy we have next.

The biggest danger to Thailand right now is if something happens to Prayuth and someone else gets to use article 44. That's the No.1 reason to get reforms in place and hold elections as quickly as possible.

The irony of all of this, which seems lost on the majority of Thai's and TVF prognosticators is; the outside world has little to no impact on the divisions within Thailand.

Close the country, cut the internet off from the outside and the divisions remain.

The desire to find foreign or external bogeymen to explain all of Thailand's divisions, is simplistic at best down right disingenuous and untruthful at worst. The painful truth is that Thailand fractured society is all home grown

"The majority support Prayut's "close country" remark. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now where oh where are the few on TV that love this bloke??? funny how they are always missing in action when uncle T comes out with something so stupid...

"close the country" those same ones missing action I wonder if they support that little chest nut? lose their house business, land, car, wife, kids, money in bank, EVERYTHING... Just look at Myanmar, (Burma) what happened to foreigner's there and their assets and lives??? Where are you fella's??? sing his praises now, Awwww come on.

You understand nothing but think you do. Like the average North Korean actually. Do you really have any clue at all about why countries have international internet gateways ?.

I have seen nothing from Prayuth which leads me to doubt his intention to tackle the cause of things like the amnesty disgrace and a Parliament full of cronies before returning to whatever form of Thai-style democracy we have next.

The biggest danger to Thailand right now is if something happens to Prayuth and someone else gets to use article 44. That's the No.1 reason to get reforms in place and hold elections as quickly as possible.

What is going on now? I have no idea either. Pls enlighten the ignorant so we may understand the big picture.

Name two average citizens of the DPRK. You can't, so how can you make the above statement... Oh yes, you are just making things up as usual.

Close the country like how?

Shut down all the airports and borders??

Switch off the Internet or mobile phone towers?

I think the power has finally got him so drunk he thinks he can get away with all this...

Wonder how the European union and USA will react if he even tries it... :)

Negative polls are not allowed because they would cause confusion and misunderstanding ..(proper understanding will be issued from the Government spokesmen) ... polsters must be keeping the numbers of pro government responders for future polls .... it would be nice to see a poll taken outside of Bangkok

Close the country down? Oh, yeah, real smart idea. NOT!

Does this clown have a clue as to how many BILLIONS of Baht it would cost them?

Does he have a clue as to what the repercussions from the rest of the world would be?

Does he have a clue as to what the domestic repercussions would be?

The answer to all three is: NO!

Close the country down, block FaceBook, Twitter, Line, etc, and he'll have 10 million Thai kids in the streets, screaming and yelling. Of all the moronic and imbecilic things that have come out of his mouth, this one by far takes the cake.

On the other hand, doing this just might wake the Thai people up enough to have a genuine revolution to get rid of all the damn dinosaurs who think they own the country.

This bit I don't understand?

This bit I don't understand?

Article 44 in the hands of chalerm or suthep lol no thx

Imagine the deals that would be done, bill Gates would no longer be the richest man in the world... :)

Archived