Majority supports Prayut's "close country" remark: Poll

rooster59

It is rather worrying if this 'poll' is a harbinger of the junta's intentions. Let us hope not.
If you look at past polls relating to the junta or gov pretty much all of them have supported what the gov wants and many of them have been used to give support to the gov ideas. Kind of like testing the water before you jump in. It would not surprise me if P deciced for national security that he needed to close thailand the same way N. Korea did. The same way he is tryin to get a single gateway to control what thais see and say online. Only time will tell thougg what is really on the gov agenda. Lets hope that whatever happens it doesnt turn into a miny china or N. Korea

You actually think Prayuth might close Thailand like N Korea ?.

Man, you have no idea what's going on do you ?.

I have seen nothing from Prayuth which leads me to doubt his intention to tackle the cause of things like the amnesty disgrace and a Parliament full of cronies before returning to whatever form of Thai-style democracy we have next.

The biggest danger to Thailand right now is if something happens to Prayuth and someone else gets to use article 44. That's the No.1 reason to get reforms in place and hold elections as quickly as possible.
This bit I don't understand?

Article 44 in the hands of chalerm or suthep lol no thx

Imagine the deals that would be done, bill Gates would no longer be the richest man in the world... smile.png

So the consensus is that Thai people should let the current government change the rules of elections and government bodies, weaken any resistance in the way of political parties or police support for the red brigade. Let this all happen in a timeframe of their choosing, and when the people question them they then use article 44 to stop any rebellion. Sounds like Thailand is transforming into a Burmese milatary regime. Obviously not as oppressed as Burma but getting closer to that model everyday.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A majority of Thais, 55.07 per cent, supported Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha's remark: "If the country remains unstable, (National Centre for Peace and Order - NCPO) will stay on, even this means (we have to) close the country", according to Dusit Poll.

The NCPO will continue to remain in power as the instability within the country will worsen as time goes by.

As for closing the country, the man will have a serious uprising on his hands. Anyway, how will he continue to feed, pay his army. How will he pay all those government departments, all those pensions, the hospitals, schools etc. Close the door and chaos will result. No electricity, no fuel, no food.

A majority of Thais, 55.07 per cent, supported Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha's remark: "If the country remains unstable, (National Centre for Peace and Order - NCPO) will stay on, even this means (we have to) close the country", according to Dusit Poll.

The NCPO will continue to remain in power as the instability within the country will worsen as time goes by.

As for closing the country, the man will have a serious uprising on his hands. Anyway, how will he continue to feed, pay his army. How will he pay all those government departments, all those pensions, the hospitals, schools etc. Close the door and chaos will result. No electricity, no fuel, no food.

Print money, run the presses 24/7 of necessary

Every other main nation is doing it :)

It is rather worrying if this 'poll' is a harbinger of the junta's intentions. Let us hope not.

If you look at past polls relating to the junta or gov pretty much all of them have supported what the gov wants and many of them have been used to give support to the gov ideas. Kind of like testing the water before you jump in. It would not surprise me if P deciced for national security that he needed to close thailand the same way N. Korea did. The same way he is tryin to get a single gateway to control what thais see and say online. Only time will tell thougg what is really on the gov agenda. Lets hope that whatever happens it doesnt turn into a miny china or N. Korea

You understand nothing but think you do. Like the average North Korean actually. Do you really have any clue at all about why countries have international internet gateways ?.

Name two average citizens of the DPRK. You can't, so how can you make the above statement... Oh yes, you are just making things up as usual.

I we all want to speak crazy---name 2 or 3 decent non corrupt PTP cabinet members from the last government cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

As I mentioned before. Good to hear. Most of the foreigners have no understanding of the difficulties that were faced by the Thais daily under Yingluck, Mr T and other corrupt and ill run supposedly "democratic" nepotistic govts and the majority of Thais obviously sure as heck don't want to return to it again as is obvious by the poll result. Who can blame them, it was painful. IMO if the poll numbers were larger in quantum the majority swing would have only increased. Go for yourself and the Thais, Prayut & Co. leave the West behind if need be, close her up (whatever that may entail). Who needs 'em.

As I mentioned before. Good to hear. Most of the foreigners have no understanding of the difficulties that were faced by the Thais daily under Yingluck, Mr T and other corrupt and ill run supposedly "democratic" nepotistic govts and the majority of Thais obviously sure as heck don't want to return to it again as is obvious by the poll result. Who can blame them, it was painful. IMO if the poll numbers were larger in quantum the majority swing would have only increased. Go for yourself and the Thais, Prayut & Co. leave the West behind if need be, close her up (whatever that may entail). Who needs 'em.

If that were true Prayut or Abhisit or any other one of the fascists could win an election in Thailand. But they know they never can so they have to concoct a government of permanent coup one way or another.

You understand nothing but think you do. Like the average North Korean actually. Do you really have any clue at all about why countries have international internet gateways ?.

Name two average citizens of the DPRK. You can't, so how can you make the above statement... Oh yes, you are just making things up as usual.

I we all want to speak crazy---name 2 or 3 decent non corrupt PTP cabinet members from the last government cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why? What has that to do with EnglishJohn's blanket statement that the citizenry of the DPRK understand nothing but think they do? I am not the one making the assertion here.

Thailand, if they wish to fly, drive cars, watch TV, use computers, use telephones... By the way, he said The World, not The West. That includes you. Edited by baboon

"The majority support Prayut's "close country" remark. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now where oh where are the few on TV that love this bloke??? funny how they are always missing in action when uncle T comes out with something so stupid...

"close the country" those same ones missing action I wonder if they support that little chest nut? lose their house business, land, car, wife, kids, money in bank, EVERYTHING... Just look at Myanmar, (Burma) what happened to foreigner's there and their assets and lives??? Where are you fella's??? sing his praises now, Awwww come on.

Of course they mean the Bangkok only Bangkok elite,...but Bangkok isn't Thailand, but the next North Korea and little China.

Save the face from more foreign disgrace....

Edited by MaxLee

I believe they are loathe to study history, or anything else for that matter, but might take a look at how well closing the country worked for Khmer Rouge back in the 70's. I wonder how many expats living there in pre KR days thought "closing the country could never happen"?

Every other main nation is doing it smile.png

That's a good idea, add galloping inflation to the mix. smile.pngsmile.png

I have seen nothing from Prayuth which leads me to doubt his intention to tackle the cause of things like the amnesty disgrace and a Parliament full of cronies before returning to whatever form of Thai-style democracy we have next.

The biggest danger to Thailand right now is if something happens to Prayuth and someone else gets to use article 44. That's the No.1 reason to get reforms in place and hold elections as quickly as possible.

If he's trying to bring genuine reform and then have fair elections as he promised after the coup then fine , good luck to him.

The trouble is it's beginning to look as if, whatever his true intentions he's lost his way somewhere.

There doesn't seem to be galloping inflation in most of the countries using quantitave easing. The trick is to stop before inflation takes hold.

Not sure they'd manage that here though.

There doesn't seem to be galloping inflation in most of the countries using quantitave easing. The trick is to stop before inflation takes hold.

Not sure they'd manage that here though.

I'm not sure they are not already doing it,

Most of the 1000thb notes i use daily seem brand new

Unless they started ironing them before they're going into the atm I suspect they are already printing new money.....

The trouble with polls is figures can lie ,especially the ones conducted in Thailand , close the country would make every international company in Thailand close and leave town, the economy of Thailand would collapse and the people would be in revolt, I don't believe Prayut - O is silly enough to try this, however if he did he'd be kicked out in a power struggle and replaced , he also knows the limitations and how far he can push , sovereign risk is already a subject on board tables, Prayut - O knows this........coffee1.gif

Thailand may close!,while other countries in the area are opening up,

like Burma,Vietnam, maybe Thailand will go back to the year dot,like

in Cambodia, under the Khmer Rouge

regards worgeordie

By year "dot" or year "zero" are we talking about relative to 2015 or 2558. I think we need to know whistling.gif