Monk calls on Thai govt to burn down 1 mosque for 1 dead Buddhist monk

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After living among dealing with and doing business with Muslims for many many years,I can only say ,their religion is one of hate,never love and I would trust a rattlesnake more than one of them,sorry if that offends anyone ,but I have spent to much of my life dealing with them,if you are not one of them ,then to most of them you are nothing

A relatively small number of Thai Muslims in the Deep South commit despicable acts, this does not translate to the roughly 80% of Thai Muslims living outside of the deep South.

Many transpose their experiences of living in M.E. countries to Thai Muslims. I believe you live in Pattaya as I did for four years in a predominately Muslim area and never had the experiences you talk to. In fact many on this forum post that Thai Muslims they interact with are honest, hard working & are not 'radicalised' which is exactly the same as me and those that I arranged for Thai Muslims workers to assist them.

It's about time that members cease with denigrating all Thai Muslims as their comments are not truthful.

Lets say the Government decided to do what he thinks is a good idea. The result would be a full scale war with Islam and every radical Islamist from across the world would descend on Thailand to do their worst and form a 'Caliphate', beheading all Buddhists who won't convert.

Of course, Thai's never think much beyond whatever comes out of their mouths at any given time do they !

@joey j

A: There's no "if" you are a bigot.

B: It's not "your" country.

And you are a blind ,left wing ,bleeding heart fool ,who cannot or will not see the evil that is in front of their face,either that or you are one of them,with people like you around we must be very wary of you Edited by i claudius

After living among dealing with and doing business with Muslims for many many years,I can only say ,their religion is one of hate,never love and I would trust a rattlesnake more than one of them,sorry if that offends anyone ,but I have spent to much of my life dealing with them,if you are not one of them ,then to most of them you are nothing

A relatively small number of Thai Muslims in the Deep South commit despicable acts, this does not translate to the roughly 80% of Thai Muslims living outside of the deep South.

Many transpose their experiences of living in M.E. countries to Thai Muslims. I believe you live in Pattaya as I did for four years in a predominately Muslim area and never had the experiences you talk to. In fact many on this forum post that Thai Muslims they interact with are honest, hard working & are not 'radicalised' which is exactly the same as me and those that I arranged for Thai Muslims workers to assist them.

It's about time that members cease with denigrating all Thai Muslims as their comments are not truthful.

Actually I was not talking about Thai Muslims

I have stayed at my Thai brother in laws house several times in Bangkok.. He is a Buddhist and

lives 1 km from a mosque. Even though there is traffic noise from big trucks and tuk tuks, and

ring ding ding motorcycles, the mosque, morning call to prayer way too early each day

wakes us all up. It is disgusting for one religion's noise to disturb people of other faiths,

or religions. I have heard that if your bury a pig in the grounds of a mosque, it affects their

purity. Not sure how true this info is but, I would do that if there was going to be one built

too close to where I live. People can be upset by a monk saying to burn down a mosque,

but who is doing all the fighting these days in the ME and South Thailand and Philippines, etc.

Oh is it Islamic extremists, or similar terrorist groups? Hmmmm.

I do have Muslim relatives in Thailand and they are also very upset with gangs like ISIL,

Al Shabaab, Taliban, Al Qaeda and other minor gangs. Maybe people will have to get

more serious about getting rid of all the terrorist groups that now exist.

@joey j

And you are a blind ,left wing ,bleeding heart fool ,who cannot or will not see the evil that is in front of their face,either that or you are one of them,with people like you around we must be very wary of you

Yawn......

@joey j

And you are a blind ,left wing ,bleeding heart fool ,who cannot or will not see the evil that is in front of their face,either that or you are one of them,with people like you around we must be very wary of you

Yawn......

And there you have it in one ,the answer one of the left wing apologists,and most of the Muslim population will give ,they just don't care.

@joey j

Yawn......

And there you have it in one ,the answer one of the left wing apologists,and most of the Muslim population will give ,they just don't care.

The answer for your BS?

Yes certainly.

To someone who isn't a narrow minded, hate fuelled, prejudiced bigot, no not at all.

Get some therapy for that hate before it consumes you.

Go on get back to the Guardian,along with the rest of the luvvies,us realists can get on with real life

Realists? Yeah right.

All you have is blind prejudice and hate.

Your bigotry is as bad as that of any fundamentalist of any faith.

The intolerance you espouse causes division and hatred in society.

You are part of the problem.

Is that so ,well each to his own ,It just seems Islam wants to control us all ,as it says originally we were all Followers of Islam ,and we should all go back to the faith if not ,well you know what their answer to that is,they do it daily to us ,they even keep on doing it to each other,religion of peace yea right,go tell it to the fairies

I have stayed at my Thai brother in laws house several times in Bangkok.. He is a Buddhist and

lives 1 km from a mosque. Even though there is traffic noise from big trucks and tuk tuks, and

ring ding ding motorcycles, the mosque, morning call to prayer way too early each day

wakes us all up. It is disgusting for one religion's noise to disturb people of other faiths,

or religions. I have heard that if your bury a pig in the grounds of a mosque, it affects their

purity. Not sure how true this info is but, I would do that if there was going to be one built

too close to where I live. People can be upset by a monk saying to burn down a mosque,

but who is doing all the fighting these days in the ME and South Thailand and Philippines, etc.

I do have Muslim relatives in Thailand and they are also very upset with gangs like ISIL,

Al Shabaab, Taliban, Al Qaeda and other minor gangs. Maybe people will have to get

Burying pigs etc in the grounds of a mosque is a criminal act under Thai Law. Desecration would be addressed by re-consecrating the mosque. If you're unhappy with the morning call to prayer, in exactly the same manner when members complain about noise coming from Wats - move.

Edited by simple1

Is that so ,well each to his own ,It just seems Islam wants to control us all ,as it says originally we were all Followers of Islam ,and we should all go back to the faith if not ,well you know what their answer to that is,they do it daily to us ,they even keep on doing it to each other,religion of peace yea right,go tell it to the fairies

Lived amongst muslims most of my adult life

No one has ever even asked my faith, let alone told me to change it.

yes - I had to suffer a similar problem in UK...those dam village church-bells always came on right in the middle of a good TV show or a sleep......

Go on get back to the Guardian,along with the rest of the luvvies,us realists can get on with real life

Realists? Yeah right.

As liberals can barely defend the obvious evil of Islam pointed out by opponents (not haters) of the religion of death, they are reduced to name calling. Sorry you liberal apologists for Islam, calling it's opponents bigots, Islamophobes, haters, racists and so on just proves the weakness of your posittion

yes - I had to suffer a similar problem in UK...those dam village church-bells always came on right in the middle of a good TV show or a sleep......

What village?

Realists? Yeah right.

As liberals can barely defend the obvious evil of Islam pointed out by opponents (not haters) of the religion of death, they are reduced to name calling. Sorry you liberal apologists for Islam, calling it's opponents bigots, Islamophobes, haters, racists and so on just proves the weakness of your posittion

No. It accurately reflects what you are.

Nonsense to judge all on the actions of a few.

Those who do may swing their swords of righteousness and scream in outrage but at the heart of it all is hatred and bigotry.

A few? Where have you been the last few years,locked up in solitary confinement?

"There are none so blind as those who do not want to see"

My wife thinks the monk was possibly saying it with an element of sarcasm, bearing in mind it's exactly the reaction of Islamic militants. Look at what they do when they didn't get what they wanted, killing teachers and school children.

Unfortunately this goes back generations.. You have good people and bad people in all communities but in a Muslim community they all listen to one leader and go for it. That single way of thinking is really a problem. No wonder the old Thais have a saying "if you see a Muslim and a snake, hit the muslim first"

Edited by Cook my sock

Did you know that a Muslim is not allowed to attend a funeral unless it's a Muslim funeral? This caused a real problem recently in my wife's family, as my father in laws sister married a male Muslim who refused to come to a family funeral.

Deliberately separating yourselves from society is very unhealthy

Did you know that a Muslim is not allowed to attend a funeral unless it's a Muslim funeral? This caused a real problem recently in my wife's family, as my father in laws sister married a male Muslim who refused to come to a family funeral.

Deliberately separating yourselves from society is very unhealthy

Where did this occur? Muslims I lived among in Pattaya go the markets located at a local Wat, a young Muslim women taught at a school for Buddhist children located on a Wat's grounds, some crossed over to Buddhism for marriage purposes & vice versa, attend Buddhist friends social events, funerals etc. Your family experience is not universal throughout Thailand.

As for "if you see a Muslim and a snake, hit the muslim first" if true you're just confirming the discrimination that Thai Muslims have suffered in the past, such as being required to change their names to Thai Buddhist naming conventions to access government schooling and so on.

It's not confirming that at all. You have to break the taboos and look at what causes mistrust. A lot of it comes from self segregation. Note that you never mentioned Muslim men attending a funeral

And many Muslim women I meet in Malaysia are often absolutely terrified of being seen talking to a foreigner.

Edited by Cook my sock