Buy weedkiller?

jacky54

HomePro sell Glyphosphate 48​. It's the same as 'roundup', same company I think. Various weed killers are available at good local garden centres but don't expect to find one with labels in English!

So lucky us ! more poison for the planet <3

Monsanto roundup hides its name in Thailand ? Why ?

You're too funny! Glyhosphate is the chemical name and it's manufactured and sold by hundreds of different companies world wide, including Thai and Chinese companies, as a broad spectrum weedkiller. Roundup is the name of Glyphosphate manufactured and sold by Monsanto. Sorry, no conspiracy theory to be had here!

Here ya go! attachicon.gifroundup.jpg

This is the standard roundup container found in Thai garden centers. The Thai name is the equivalent of 'roundup'. About 270B and the liter bottle goes a very long way.

Glad you found my previously posted image, saved me finding it again! tongue.pngthumbsup.gif

The thing with Roundup, it's really for use on perennial weeds, as it takes a good ten days to kill the plant/ weed ... On annual weeds, most bloom and seed before roundup works!

Even cut off seed heads of perennial weeds if present... that's the biggest problem people never seem to understand! blink.png

Gramoxone works faster so is better on annual weeds.... but it does not kill the roots of perennial weeds even though the tops will look brown/ dead after a day or two !

All chemicals need to be used with caution and safety!

Sorry to OP no idea where to buy in BKK....

Edited by samuijimmy

I've recently stumbled into K.U. Garden. While it's all pet food on the ground floor, the upstairs was all gardening and irrigation supplies - way better selection than the HomePros nearer to inner-city BKK (LadPro/BangNa). Also, be sure you can communicate decently in Thai. ;)

I've recently stumbled into K.U. Garden. While it's all pet food on the ground floor, the upstairs was all gardening and irrigation supplies - way better selection than the HomePros nearer to inner-city BKK (LadPro/BangNa). Also, be sure you can communicate decently in Thai. wink.png

You've gotta watch that first step, it can be a doozy. laugh.png

Also have Paraquat.

These things kill almost everything if you mix it right. You have to miss the bits you want to keep. If you are spraying weeds on grass it will die also.

They do have broadleaf weed killer here but you'd have to probably check in the farming forum for an answer.