1 year extension based on retirement at Jomtien yesterday.

This was just a comparison of what I went through yesterday, along with #15/16, and 18th in CM, versus Pattaya :-) Am I going to pack up and leave CM for Jom Time, I don't think so...:-) But, I did like the famous "Walking Street" there, one time, haha

As for Mr Know it all, my method was a combined income in monthly and savings....all I know, he didn't bother to review my updated bankbooks with yesterday's date.....peace to Mr Know It All.....I only listed my own experience yesterday for my 1st renew to extend...many of you here have done this year after year, thus know all and have everything down pat....

At 72. I don't need a Monday nite quarterback to tell me this or that....only my own experience, if you don't like my post, then you know where you can go! Have a great day and peace to all out there :-)

As for Mr Know it all, my method was a combined income in monthly and savings....all I know, he didn't bother to review my updated bankbooks with yesterday's date.....peace to Mr Know It All.....I only listed my own experience yesterday for my 1st renew to extend...many of you here have done this year after year, thus know all and have everything down pat....

At 72. I don't need a Monday nite quarterback to tell me this or that....only my own experience, if you don't like my post, then you know where you can go! Have a great day and peace to all out there :-)

No need for rudeness.

If you read what you wrote there was no mention of you using the "combo" method.

"The only thing to save me was the notorized income form, from the US Consulate here in CM :-) 1650B, notorized and stamped, to verify my monthly income and address here.....my 2 combined bankbooks had a total of over 800k with yesterday's date, but he didn't ask me to show them?"

Yes, I've always found that if you have everything in order and organized that the annual extension of stay based on retirement at Jomtien is quick and painless.

I've never been asked for a proof or address. I usually bring along the most recent copy of my 3 BB bill as well as the deed for my condo, but never needed to supply them.

I was asked for proof of address at Jomtien in August. Of course, I had forgotten to bring that but my driver's licence was accepted.

I've never had a problem at Jomtien.

Alan

I too have never had a problem, but one thing is certain here - procedures often change.

It would seem we now need to bring along a copy of Landlord's housebook and ID.

I'm eagerly awaiting a recent report from someone who didn't bring these and was told to get them - preferably from a person who has had more than one extension. I know the OP brought them along, but often they take documents which aren't specifically required.

At Samui Immigration I was asked for a photocopy of the inside page of my Thai Bank Account Book, yet I had a letter from the Brit Embassy confirming my income in excess of 60,000 baht - what is the point? They then asked for a copy of a map showing where I live,which had to also show the Nothings and Eastings of the location of the House - hello, you have the address of where I live and a copy of the House Book, again, what is the point. Never been asked for these in previous years and when I asked, politely, if these were new requirements when applying for a Retirement Visa, they said, "in rule book". No explanation what so ever. Anyone else experienced this?

Easy to say, but not that easy to do.....I've been in CM for over the last 3 yrs...this last year easy except no Thai IO ever pointed out to me, my date of expedition, right, it's not their job to help or assist you :-(

Specially, when many of the forms are in Thai? A good example like today, okay sign here sign here, and there? Don't a person deserve the right to even know what they're signing?

My 1st 2 yrs, in/out to home, they stamp here and there in your passport, then I was going back/forth to Mae Sai every 2 weeks, stamp here/stamp there, when that failed, then to Nong Kai/ Laos same thing, stamps here and elsewhere :-) No one tells you shit, just collect monies and stamp the hell out of your passport....do you really think that it's really easy to know or who/when where, and the dates stamped?

Not that easy my friend ! I tell them one thing, I came here on Nov. 19th, 2012, and been here at the same address as noted on the arrival cards written in the past....yes today, I know Nov 3rd, 2016 is my next year's deadline, only because the IO showed me where it was stamped, because I asked them to please help me :-)

Forms are in Thai and English.Sorry to say mate,but you better pick your game up.Fair enough if your past it,get an agent.By the way,your on this forum,more than enough info here.If you ask they will tell you shit and more.

Sometimes you read these posts about everyone's own experiences at this office or another :-) You never know what you will actually need or not? Some posts say need letters from the bank on accounts dated within 1 day, yesterday I was able to update 2 bankbooks with yesterday's dates, but the IO didn't even bother to look at them? Others say bring all your utilities bills/receipts, monthly rent, electricity, water usage, didn't need those either :-) Other say bring copy of lease rental contract, didn't have anything, and he didn't ask? Different documents needed for others, or different offices?

I was #17 in queue yesterday, # 15 +#16, a nice couple from Switzerland, and #18, a guy from Australia....both needed copies of their bank info, sent home to get, they didn't bring them, the guy from Australia said, last year wasn't needed, but they wanted to see the bank accounts? I can only assume that they were using the 800k method, and needs to be seasoned...but we all had to come back at 1630 for our passports :-)

The only thing to save me was the notorized income form, from the US Consulate here in CM :-) 1650B, notorized and stamped, to verify my monthly income and address here.....my 2 combined bankbooks had a total of over 800k with yesterday's date, but he didn't ask me to show them?

Today the #18 guy going back to Pattaya to get his return entry permit, as they said too late to do it yesterday because waiting all morning, afternoon, till closing for our passports :-( He has a condo here in CM, and a hotel business in Pattaya? I had thought retirement extentions don't allow any working income here to qualify? Funny, he said Thai women here can be difficult...said one of his fancies tried to have him killed by a hit an :-) er

You most certainly did not receive an extension of with a income of 1650B /month unless that was combined with other financial resource which the immigration officer would most certainly have wished to see.

You might be best advised to retain a agent to assist you with any further extension applications.

Read again.

thanks for the info… i will be doing mine in a couple of months also….question…my visa border stamp for my Non O visa runs out on 31st january 2016 ….when should i apply for my retirement visa same as the OP has? is 3 weeks too early?

I'm still confused, my landlord does not have a Tabien Baan (whatever this is) or ID card, he just has a passport. Does that mean I need to take a copy of his passport?

Plus what is Landlord's housebook?

Is your landlord Thai? If so he will have both.

If not Thai a copy of the landlords passport and legal evidence of the property being owned by him will suffice.

• Like 1

thanks for the info… i will be doing mine in a couple of months also….question…my visa border stamp for my Non O visa runs out on 31st january 2016 ….when should i apply for my retirement visa same as the OP has? is 3 weeks too early?

I mean 3 weeks before 31st January … just to clear up any confusion lol

I mean 3 weeks before 31st January … just to clear up any confusion lol

You can do it up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

• Like 1

Sorry, I goofed....the notarized form from the US Consulate cost was 1650b.....

I know for Thai required income with using the combined methoequires min 65K for the retirement status for an extention permit or whatever you want to call it...sorry, just to point out, why bother with the seasoned 800K when they want letters and statements within 1 day?

Sorry, I goofed....the notarized form from the US Consulate cost was 1650b.....

I know for Thai required income with using the combined methoequires min 65K for the retirement status for an extention permit or whatever you want to call it...sorry, just to point out, why bother with the seasoned 800K when they want letters and statements within 1 day?

As previous suggested it would be best if you retained an Agent who would lead you safely toward the next extension thus avoiding unnecessary "misunderstandings" and anxiety.

Edited by oncearugge

No agent for me, if I can do it myself, save a few bahts for a good dinner to enjoy :-) thank you and all...I'll be better prepared for next year, haha...today, a much better day under my belt :-)

Not reading the expiry date on retirement Visa stamp can happen easily.

Was in a Phuket hospital, during the week the visa date was expiring.

. Wife went to Immigration and asked for extension, due my being unable to return to my home province (Nakohn Si Thammarat),.

With one of the Farang volunteers 'helping' , P.I. gave us both a new 90 days date-stamped notification slip. Neither they nor he volunteer explained anything we did not spot that the slip says that it is not a visa extension. We waited to apply for renewed visa, until a few days before the new date on the notification slip.

Wife and I penalized 40,000 baht.

Live and learn.

See, another post to say not that easy to know where or when expiration date is...like I said easy to say, but not always easily done....

Yes, this is up to each/own responsibility to be aware of such things, another one, how to remember when your yearly motorbike registration is valid till? I have 3 bikes, and don,t tell me, it says in English, because it's in Thai.....maybe you have a Thai wife at home and can easily translate everything, but I don't as of yet :-) e

See, another post to say not that easy to know where or when expiration date is...like I said easy to say, but not always easily done....

Yes, this is up to each/own responsibility to be aware of such things, another one, how to remember when your yearly motorbike registration is valid till? I have 3 bikes, and don,t tell me, it says in English, because it's in Thai.....maybe you have a Thai wife at home and can easily translate everything, but I don't as of yet :-) e

Do you ride all three at the same time ?smile.png

Here is a little tool which will convert those hard to understand Thai dates

http://dateconverter.net/thai/?hl=en

Might be a little off topic, but can anyone advise me here please, I have an extension based on retirement and it expires on March 23rd 2016, I will be in Thailand until Jan 9th 2016 and then not again until March 30th, ( I work in West Africa) can I do the extension earlier than March 23rd, like in January, or does anybody have any ideas to help. Thank you as always

Might be a little off topic, but can anyone advise me here please, I have an extension based on retirement and it expires on March 23rd 2016, I will be in Thailand until Jan 9th 2016 and then not again until March 30th, ( I work in West Africa) can I do the extension earlier than March 23rd, like in January, or does anybody have any ideas to help. Thank you as always

Some offices allow extensions to be renewed up to 45 days early.

You could try pleading the case whilst clutching a confirmed and paid for flight ticket.

Yes, I've always found that if you have everything in order and organized that the annual extension of stay based on retirement at Jomtien is quick and painless.

I've never been asked for a proof or address. I usually bring along the most recent copy of my 3 BB bill as well as the deed for my condo, but never needed to supply them.

I was asked for proof of address at Jomtien in August. Of course, I had forgotten to bring that but my driver's licence was accepted.

I've never had a problem at Jomtien.

Alan

I too have never had a problem, but one thing is certain here - procedures often change.

It would seem we now need to bring along a copy of Landlord's housebook and ID.

I'm eagerly awaiting a recent report from someone who didn't bring these and was told to get them - preferably from a person who has had more than one extension. I know the OP brought them along, but often they take documents which aren't specifically required.

At Samui Immigration I was asked for a photocopy of the inside page of my Thai Bank Account Book, yet I had a letter from the Brit Embassy confirming my income in excess of 60,000 baht - what is the point? They then asked for a copy of a map showing where I live,which had to also show the Nothings and Eastings of the location of the House - hello, you have the address of where I live and a copy of the House Book, again, what is the point. Never been asked for these in previous years and when I asked, politely, if these were new requirements when applying for a Retirement Visa, they said, "in rule book". No explanation what so ever. Anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I was asked to draw a map/ road route from immigration office to home address. I guess is a test to see if place of residence is same as on application.

Or an assist for a home visit.

The most recent report from Jomtien is they are allowing only 30 days early, not longer.

For awhile, people were saying 45 days. Just conveying the most recent report I've read here.

I think though they would at least listen to valid hardship claims especially with proof of true need, such as air tickets.