EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

Let's not get carried away with the True's a load of carp line shall we folks.

When it comes to UCL it's pretty clear that they are going to follow all four English clubs, so with only two playing at any one time and four channels to choose from it's pretty damn simple to find your chosen live match. Yes - it's a problem if you are supporting a lesser known team but you have still got a better chance of seeing your team livecast in Thailand than if you are watching in the UK or I'm guessing in any larger European country

I agree it would be nice if they could decide and publish in advance which games are being recast when, but we now know the times when they are running four different recasts in the same narrow window and I suspect that within a game day or two we will have got the hang of it and they will also probably be more forthcoming on specificity of broadcasts.

Just call me mr whine-buster!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester game was recast at 6:30am on BeIN 4 ch 679 (so much for my protestations that all the English games would be live cast!). The English commentary is pretty much inaudible - drowned out by the crowd noise sound feed!!

Other intelligence for today:

1. The internet online programming guide (which still only shows programmes for BeIN 1, ch 676) shows the following for today.
    * Highlights of Tuesday night programmes at 6:30 (now showing)
    * Highlights of Wednesday night programmes at 19:00 (Ch 676)
    * Leverkusen v CSKA Moscow at 07:30 and again (<deleted>?) at 15:00
    * Tottenham v Monaco at 17:00 (Ch 676)

2. Currently showing with a 7:00am start are:
    * Legia Warsaw v Dortmund BeIN 3 ch 678
    * Lyons v Dynamo BeIN 2 ch 677

3. The on-screen programming guide shows the following for BeINs 2, 3 and 4
    * BeIN 2 ch 677 - unidentified games starting at 18:00 and 20:00
    * BeIN 3 ch 678 - a highlights programme (Tues or Wed?) starting at 18:00 and 20:00 and an unidentified game starting at 20:00
    * BeIN 4 ch 679 - unidentified games starting at 08:00, 16:00 and 20:00

So a strategy for today if you are chasing a specific recast other than Spurs game (see stanza 1 above) is to check in at 08:00, 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00

Has anybody mastered True Vision's facebook page?

I suggest we work out a complaint strategy for the recasts and programming info before the next round starts!

Just rang truevisions to ask when is the City 4v0 rerun on (20th 8hrs & 13hrs). I asked why doesn't their online guide nor website guide specify WHICH game as just stating champions league isn't helpful or good enough. She first tried to blame Bein scheduling subject to change (maybe our answer is to check the main Bein website to see what's being rerun). I asked her to pass my complaint along to management about truevisions lack of detailing of reruns.

So if you want to know a game and time call truevisions. Was pretty quick and helpful.

Been away for a couple of days but just checked 365 sports, which I have had for 12 months. All CL and Europa League games appear to be showing live and of course you have 7 days replay. For 600 baht a mth seems a better deal to me than TRUE or any others.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Been away for a couple of days but just checked 365 sports, which I have had for 12 months. All CL and Europa League games appear to be showing live and of course you have 7 days replay. For 600 baht a mth seems a better deal to me than TRUE or any others.

No doubt about that.

I woke up this morning and had a choice of what to watch.

I tuned into the Keys and Gray Show last night and, I must admit, it's a big improvement on uncle John Dykes and his brood of clucking chicks. There was plenty of issues raised and discussed but, mercifully, Keys and Gray kept their traps shut most of the time and let the interviewees get on with topic in hand.  The one hour show seemed to whizz by.

Yes - I caught it accidentally too. First time I'd seen the keys & gray line-up and found it surprisingly informative/entertaining given the $hit heaped on them previously on ThaiV (which sounds as though it may have been justified notwithstanding the better format now - maybe the programmers noted the feedback on social media and acted).

I know that guy was complaining above about Leicester's UCL match not showing (probably got bumped by the re-scheduled Man City game - this is Qatar-based TV after all!), but now we are back on the EPL schedule the Leicester v Burnley game is being recast twice this morning and no other EPL game is being touched until later. I think we can expect TrueV to be doffing the cap to the local owners even at the expense of perennially-supported Liverpool for the forseeable.

One hour highlights of Sundays EPL games on BeIN 1 are showing tonight at 9pm. As predicted (by me anyway - always thought they are a much more professional outfit than CTH) TrueV are now posting much better game details on their on-screen programming guide. Still no details of BeINs beyond BeIN 1 on their internet menu yet, but I expect they will sort that out soon too.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:46 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Anyone know what games are on Bein on Truevisions tonight?

It's a bit of a pain on Truevisions that they don't include on their Schedule Guides the games on live or the games on rerun - it's complete hit and miss!

They do for PL games at the weekend. Ie, pull up the guide on a saturday morning scroll through to 9pm and it states which games are on what channels. Don't know about UCL games though as they bore me to death, so don't watch.

It seems that all 6 matches that kick off at 3pm on Saturday will be shown live on True

Channels are

676 Liverpool v Hull

677 Swansea v Man C

678 Bournemouth v Everton

679 Middlesbro v Spurs

696 Stoke v WBA

697 Sunderland v Palace

Bein1 are currently showing 'The Express' which is a live EPL review programme (plus some Euro news) fronted this week by Terri Leigh and Jason McAteer. First time I've seen the show so not sure if they are the regulars.

Only seen a few minutes so far (on from 5to6) so not sure if worth the watch - but sure beats the Thai reviews!! 

15 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Yep... my computer not up to 365 sport. Best option is Hola VPN, stream Talksport or BBC Radio 5 live until the game starts. Might get an android box or update my computer later. At least we have all the games.

Does anyone know if we got Keysy and Co. for UCL yet?

365 wasn't any good for me too.

I have expat premium which works well, all SKY and BT sports... Bt2500 for 6 months..

18 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Yep... my computer not up to 365 sport. Best option is Hola VPN, stream Talksport or BBC Radio 5 live until the game starts. Might get an android box or update my computer later. At least we have all the games.

Does anyone know if we got Keysy and Co. for UCL yet?

Whoooaaaa don't touch Hola they are a-holes.

On 9/26/2016 at 6:05 AM, Pat in Pattaya said:

Blue - Have you pretty much given up on all hope for punditry/PLTV?

Do you not have one channel that shows all live games and one 3pm with Keys, Gray and guests (and thus all in English)?

In the sandpit, it's BeIn 11.

If not I would start a campaign to begin badgering the True buffoons.

Archived