EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Just emailed [email protected] (That is the contact for Thailand). 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I believe Truevisions have recently acquired a sub-license agreement for Live EPL coverage via Bein sports for 2016-2019. I have been informed by Truevisions, the satellite carrier for Bein in Thailand that you have only offered them match content only, as part of this deal and foreign presenters, as well as pre-match and post-match interviews has not been provided, as Truevisions informed me via their call centre that they have not paid for this level of service, as part of the rights package from you. Can you confirm this is the case, please? If not, can you advise how this matter can be rectified for the expat fans in Thailand to be able to enjoy the full coverage that you have to offer?

Your advice regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Let's find out if Truevisions are telling porkies! If a few others email them we may get a reply.

Good one bangkok blue.

I'll be asking the wife to put messages on Truevisions facebook pages and a letter to the Bangkok Post/Nation.

She's tired of translating the Thai pundits for me!

1 hour ago, ferguston said:

Good one bangkok blue.

I'll be asking the wife to put messages on Truevisions facebook pages and a letter to the Bangkok Post/Nation.

She's tired of translating the Thai pundits for me!

It sounds like your wife has really landed on her feet with you. Lucky girl (assuming she is a girl of course)

It appears that this Saturday, True will not be showing all EPL matches live.  Their schedule for the 9pm kick-offs is

676 Watford v Arsenal

677 Chelsea v Burnley

678 Leicester v Swansea

679 Everton v Stoke

696 Southampton v Sunderland

The other 9pm kick-off, Crystal Palace v Bournemouth, is not being shown until 2am on Sunday morning.

3 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Yes, correct. But, as I stated earlier Bein in Indonesia show PLTV.

Bein don't even show that on their home turf.

Maybe some of the filler programs, but that's it.

I mean it has the PLTV logo but that's contractual and added at source.

It appears that this Saturday, True will not be showing all EPL matches live.  Their schedule for the 9pm kick-offs is

676 Watford v Arsenal

677 Chelsea v Burnley

678 Leicester v Swansea

679 Everton v Stoke

696 Southampton v Sunderland

The other 9pm kick-off, Crystal Palace v Bournemouth, is not being shown until 2am on Sunday morning.

True confirmed to me that they will not be showing every game live.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True confirmed to me that they will not be showing every game live.

Another complaint on the way.

Noticed "Keys & Gray Show" is on BeIN 2 at 7pm Friday and EPL " Match Pack" on BeIN 1 at 10pm Friday.

Another complaint on the way.

Noticed "Keys & Gray Show" is on BeIN 2 at 7pm Friday and EPL " Match Pack" on BeIN 1 at 10pm Friday.

To be fair to True, the customer service agent I spoke to when signing up to pay, asked me who I support because only the big teams would have all their games shown. Presumably True's deal with Bein was not for the complete package.

I welcome Bangkok Bob's lobbying to get the most they can out of the system, but the sense of entitlement displayed on this thread about how much we should be getting for roughly half the cost we would be paying in the UK for a much lesser coverage of games (by buying BT and Sky you get about 5 live games a week in the UK) is beyond belief.

Considering how much $hit people hep on the heads of pundits I'm also surprised how desperate people are to get their input. Personally I can do without being told what to think.

[Yes - I did get out of bed the wrong side this morning; teelak wants to waste more money on crappy rice land and wants me to waste my time looking it over later today, only to stimulate another argument about sticking to the knitting - her family are knowledgeable farmers on fruits and veg but know $od-all about rice: I estimate the returns on chanote rice land at south of 2%pa]

I welcome Bangkok Bob's lobbying to get the most they can out of the system, but the sense of entitlement displayed on this thread about how much we should be getting for roughly half the cost we would be paying in the UK for a much lesser coverage of games (by buying BT and Sky you get about 5 live games a week in the UK) is beyond belief.

Considering how much $hit people hep on the heads of pundits I'm also surprised how desperate people are to get their input. Personally I can do without being told what to think.

[Yes - I did get out of bed the wrong side this morning; teelak wants to waste more money on crappy rice land and wants me to waste my time looking it over later today, only to stimulate another argument about sticking to the knitting - her family are knowledgeable farmers on fruits and veg but know $od-all about rice: I estimate the returns on chanote rice land at south of 2%pa]

I'm inclined to agree. For 299 baht a month I'm just thankful to have live football back in my TV!

15 hours ago, BV70 said:

Has anyone found an online TV guide so we can plan our viewing?

This: http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/tvguide?ln=en still hasn't been updated to reflect the new BeIN channels.  Is there another online guide out there?

Any reason why you can't use the on-screen EPG? (the 'Guide' button on your True Visions remote if you are new to the system). It shows all BeIn (and all other channels of course) programming for several days in advance - I just tried it out and I could scroll forward through to at least the end of the month with this weekend re-broadcasts being scheduled out. That's way ahead of anything CTH ever did. There have been some glitches between what the on-screen EPG states and actuality but I'll give them a month or two to get that mostly right. In general their EPG is pretty good (I'm an 8 year user) but it helps when you've worked out how to flag your favourite channels and then pull only the favourites up on the EPG when searching.

OK - so here's a quick lesson since there will be a number of newbies to True Visions courtesy of their extended football franchise

Creating a favourite channel 

1. Select the on-screen EPG by pressing 'Guide' button.
  2. Select a channel you would like to add to your favourites by using the up and down arrows (hint: the channel +/- button scrolls up and down faster than that - four channels at a time)
  3. Once your target channel has been selected, scroll left using the left arrow button until the channel name in the far left column is highlighted
  4. Press the red button to add a favourite (as indicated on the hints shown at screen bottom)

Displaying only your favourite channels

1. Once you have selected all your favourites exit the EPG and press EPG again to try out the function that brings up only your favourite channels onto the EPG
  2. Press the green button which then highlights the channel type selector cell which will now show "All Channels"
  3. Scroll right once to bring up "Favorites" (sic)
  4. Press the "OK" button.
  5. Voila - just your favourite channels are now showing on the EPG
  6. Fortunately True does not mess around with its channels like CTH used to so your favourites should stay relevant and stored for a few months or even years. Unfortunately I've not found a way to make the EPG stick with just showing favourites (so you have to go through that process of reducing the guide to 'favorites' every time you want to search). I would not be surprised if someone comes on to tell us how to do that through the menu functions.

Well said Santi and Brewster. For 299 baht a month I'm just thankful to have live football back in my TV, and it's a great deal (6 quid a month - bargain). The coverage of football in Thailand is brilliant and probably better than that in the Uk (I wouldn't know about uk deals).

Some people on here might remember the days of 10 minutes highlights at no assigned time on a Saturday afternoon in thai and going down to a packed out Bobbys Arms to try to watch the Fa cup final which I'm sure used to be the only live uk game shown here. Now I've got more football that I have time to watch...brilliant.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:02 PM, Chicog said:

Because they are buying off Bein and not PLTV?

Bein rejected the idea of PLTV and set up their own programming instead, anchored by Keys and Gray rather than that dreary fart the PLTV got from ESPN/Star Sports.

For some reason which I am unable to fathom, True show Bein Sports 1 on 2 separate channels here in Thailand (179 and 676).

So, if not Dykes & co on PLTV, why couldn't we at the very least have Bein's own English-speaking match-day pundits (even if it has to be those 2 clowns Keys and Gray) on 1 channel and the Thai guys on the other?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Truevisions has many channels in the 1-200 numbers which are repeated in the 300-700 channels. Think the higher numbers are HD. My kids know and watch the lower numbers, and I use the higher numbers. Believe that's all it is.

My understanding is that those in the 100's are purely HD and that those numbered 200-700 are a mix of HD and SD (with the HD ones being duplicates of those in the 100's in the main). But it would surely not cost True anything or exercise their technical capabilities too much at least to split channels 179 and 676 between English and Thai punditry on match days?

Only BeIN1 (179 and 676) is duplicated, no duplicates of BeIN2-5. Seriously, if this english punditry thing is so important, save yourselves further irritation with Truevisions and sign up with ilikehd or one of the other similar sites and then you can watch the games on Sky, BT, Astro, etc WITH the english punditry for something like b250/month or you can spend I think it's b50 for 2 hrs. I just can't see Truevisions changing their programming to suit us, the english-speaking minority, sorry.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

My understanding is that those in the 100's are purely HD and that those numbered 200-700 are a mix of HD and SD (with the HD ones being duplicates of those in the 100's in the main). But it would surely not cost True anything or exercise their technical capabilities too much at least to split channels 179 and 676 between English and Thai punditry on match days?

That's right. The HD Channels are all bundled together early doors,  then they segregate the different types of programming, ie, films, kids, news, documentary's, etc, all beginning with the same number, ie 222, 333, 444, 555 and so on. It's a pretty good system to be fair.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Anyone know did Truevisions show the 6th game, the Palace game, and if yes on which channel?

Don't think it was on.

It appears that they have 5 slots for sat 3pm games, usually there are no more than 5 anyway, so it's going to be very minimal as far as a game not being shown this season.

My memory is Truevisions 3 years back didn't always show all games that were on live which was why INITIALLY we were impressed with CTH having 6 dedicated channels. Seems Truevisions may following their previous policy...fine if you support ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal who are guaranteed to always be on but not fine if you support one of the lesser clubs.

Archived