EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be thankful you are not paying big bucks for less than stellar live coverage in some other third world country... 

Fans can watch the Premier League with a two-year broadband Fetch TV subscription for a minimum of $2,640 or a sim-only mobile phone subscription for a minimum of $360. 

Fans angry at patchy EPL coverage

123.JPG

1 hour ago, kkerry said:

Should be thankful you are not paying big bucks for less than stellar live coverage in some other third world country... 

Fans can watch the Premier League with a two-year broadband Fetch TV subscription for a minimum of $2,640 or a sim-only mobile phone subscription for a minimum of $360. 

Fans angry at patchy EPL coverage

123.JPG

Fair point. Aussies are not happy at all, Optus have the right there now after outbidding Fox, and only streaming is possible.

11 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Surprised that's been allowed. Internet not great in Australia. True phoned to say not got English presenters but will check to see if it can be made available. I'm not holding my breath. 

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.

You probaby won't want another subscription but if you really want presenters and pundits you can get expatpremium tv's sports package...I pay around Bt2600 for 6 months, then you have all SKY and BT sports, you can use it just for punditry only then switch to True when the games KO or use it for the games too. Obviously you won't get the 3pm games/punditry but will have soccer saturday on sky sports news. You probably get punditry on 365 too, but if it's Astra their presenters/pundits are a bunch of amateurs..

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Pat in Pattaya said:

I agree that the 365 deal does look vey good, but have you ever watched a game on cable HD and then switched immediatley to a streamer like iviewhd or 365? The difference in pic quality is huge.. I'd rather pay the extra dough for glorious 3D, with or without the pundits. Maybe True may get that soon enough, particuarly if people complain.

As for Thaiexpat tv I have that currently that I got when they were promoting the Euro's for 999bt per month...just by chance my deal finishes on the same day as the Olympics end so was lucky there. I won't be keeping it though as not prepared to pay approx Bt 600 per month on top of what I am paying now for True. I'm not bothered about MOTD as I think it goes on for too long and only really want to see the goals of the other games, not full highlights. I will miss Tipping Point though, lol.

MOTD is only short highlights of all of the games and all of the goals goals.Lineker ,Shearer and Wright

39 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.

You probaby won't want another subscription but if you really want presenters and pundits you can get expatpremium tv's sports package...I pay around Bt2600 for 6 months, then you have all SKY and BT sports, you can use it just for punditry only then switch to True when the games KO or use it for the games too. Obviously you won't get the 3pm games/punditry but will have soccer saturday on sky sports news. You probably get punditry on 365 too, but if it's Astra their presenters/pundits are a bunch of amateurs..

Well Astra sometimes use Gary Stevens, Paul Parker, Steve McMahon and Stan Collymore so better than Soccer Saturday which is not specific to any game !

Gonna give til end of the month, then will take advantage of 365 special offer and bin True off until that expires at least. Another benefit is the on delay option with 365 and they do also have PLTV review shows too. Last night TRUE had absolutely nothing other than replays of games. I did notice that they seem to only show a maximum of 3 9pm kick offs, but will use I like HD's 2 hour service for 30bhat, should the mighty foxes not be shown. I'd like to see the percentage of farrang that pay for this, compared to percentage of Thais, Laos and Cambodians (which True have the rights for also), as the full content should be provided in my opinion. I wonder if Keys and co. will be on tonight for Man City's UCL play off.

51 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Gonna give til end of the month, then will take advantage of 365 special offer and bin True off until that expires at least. Another benefit is the on delay option with 365 and they do also have PLTV review shows too. Last night TRUE had absolutely nothing other than replays of games. I did notice that they seem to only show a maximum of 3 9pm kick offs, but will use I like HD's 2 hour service for 30bhat, should the mighty foxes not be shown. I'd like to see the percentage of farrang that pay for this, compared to percentage of Thais, Laos and Cambodians (which True have the rights for also), as the full content should be provided in my opinion. I wonder if Keys and co. will be on tonight for Man City's UCL play off.

I think you make a good case to be honest, it doesn't even look like you can be sure what time the re-runs are on the next day, if at all. I will stick with True simply because watching the games in glorious HD for me over-rides everthing else, then there is the rest of their content which admittedly I don't watch much but still nice to have the option

Usual dreary triennial start to a season as a new operator struggles to match up it's onscreen program guide with it's internet program guide and it's actual transmissions*. Even more dreary usual start to every season if you are an Arsenal supporter**!

*Managed to avoid clocking the Chelsea result all day in anticipation of a showing ay 6pm - what did we get? - Boro v Stoke. Very CTH!

**Had to laugh when pundits were talking about Arsenal only losing their 1st game twice in the last 15 seasons or something - thereby totally bypassing the fact we lost to the Irons and Villa (fer gawds sake) at home on opening day all within the last 3 seasons. So now its 3 in 4 seasons. Things can only get better (errr..?)

I just looked up from my PC to the TV screen (doing mostly stuff other than ThaiV I hasten to add) to see why things have fallen silent and the Chelsea match is now on - was just playing crowd noise and had to select Thai language to get an (English) commentary! Started at 8pm.

A couple of times in the last 2 days, I have looked forward to watching an advertised re run of one of the EPL games I have not seen. For example Crystal Palace v WBA has been advertised for a week on the programme guide to be repeated at 1300 today. They are showing Middlesbrough v Stoke .. a game I have seen. Its not the crime of the century but very annoying .. not least as I avoid the scores till I have seen the games.  Grrrrrrrrrrr. Chelsea v West Ham was on live at 0200 so not wanting to be up that late ... I researched the repeat times. Never been shown when it was advertised.  Not much point whinging on here  I know .. but I have also sent a Whingeing Pom email to True's contact email.   How hard is it to show the game advertised ... Not impressed with Bein in that regard but all other aspects happy.  The email brought an automated reply saying they will get back to me. I guess True will blame Bein and nothing to do with them. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, BV70 said:

So has anyone found a TV guide online that is anywhere near accurate?  True Vision guide is not updated to include the new BeIN channels, however I found this: http://www.beinsports.com/en/tv-guide The only issue being that what's listed online bears no resemblance to what's actually on the channels.  Plus it lists 16 channels?

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, BV70 said:

So has anyone found a TV guide online that is anywhere near accurate?  True Vision guide is not updated to include the new BeIN channels, however I found this: http://www.beinsports.com/en/tv-guide The only issue being that what's listed online bears no resemblance to what's actually on the channels.  Plus it lists 16 channels?

32 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

That'll be the Middle Eastern version of channels. TRUE are complete plebs!

They didn't show the mighty Hammers last night despite boasting that they are showing all EL games, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though as it was still a qualifying game.

They do seem to be shy on spending though, note no Olympics this time, 4 years ago they had blanket coverage of it.

42 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

They didn't show the mighty Hammers last night despite boasting that they are showing all EL games, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though as it was still a qualifying game.

They do seem to be shy on spending though, note no Olympics this time, 4 years ago they had blanket coverage of it.

That being said Pat, they showed Man City's UCL qualifier! I'm about ready to bin 'em! 5hite content, just constant reruns of games, when not Live! Not good enough IMO.... Wonder if Wet Spam was shown via 365?

Edited by bangkok blue

On 14/8/2559 at 7:15 PM, OJAS said:

To get the full works on True you need to fork out just over 2,400 THB (inc VAT) per month for their Platinum package. The comparable CTH price was a fraction under 1,070 THB (inc VAT). And to compare the CTH price with a True one which includes SFA other than football (unless, of course, you are an aficionado of the channels included in their Family package) sounds a bit of a non-brainer to me.

I retained True Knowledge @ 580 Bt p.m. when I took CTH.

I guessed CTH would not last so a couple of weeks back I upgraded to Gold in anticipation of it including the EPL.

It didn't so today, just back off holiday, I intended to add EPL. True offered Platinum for 12 months @ 1531 Bt p.m. so I took that instead.

41 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

That being said Pat, they showed Man City's UCL qualifier! I'm about ready to bin 'em! 5hite content, just constant reruns of games, when not Live! Not good enough IMO.... Wonder if Wet Spam was shown via 365?

Would have to agree, it's as if they are providing the bare minimum and that's it, a real slap in the face to be fair. I don't regret subscribing though as like I said before I think watching in HD is fantastic and I genuinely don't miss the punditry, I did use to enjoy it, but the likes of Curbishley, Owen and Townsend etc really grinded me down last year....ignorance is bliss. As for players and managers interviews apart from the odd exception it's just the usual soundbites and managers interviews post match are all on the BBC website.

I am sure the info is already somewhere but I couldn´t find it so please allow me to ask how many EPL games are shown on 365sports and what the sources are. What I mean, do they only show games which are broadcast on SkySports in the UK or do the stream other channels with EPL games as well?

I ask since I am tempted by the current 3 months trial offer.

28 minutes ago, DUS said:

I am sure the info is already somewhere but I couldn´t find it so please allow me to ask how many EPL games are shown on 365sports and what the sources are. What I mean, do they only show games which are broadcast on SkySports in the UK or do the stream other channels with EPL games as well?

I ask since I am tempted by the current 3 months trial offer.

They generally show 3 3pm games from Astra in Malaysia plus the early and late games.