EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

6 hours ago, Jaffacake said:

Sorry for hijacking but I thought this would be a good place to ask rather than starting a new thread.

I'm moving to Thailand in a few weeks and I'm a massive football fan and would be keen to keep up with it as much as I can while I'm there. Problem is, I'm a Villa fan and we got relegated so I was wondering if any of the championship games are broadcast over there? Obviously the ones being broadcast in the UK some bars will be showing streams of Sky Sports but do any of the cable channels show championship games?

Not much champinship football around and certainly nothing for your games that are NOT on live in the UK. For your games live in the UK there are a couple of streaming companies here that you can subscribe to for approx 10 quid a month then you can watch any live UK game on one of them.

HTH

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights EPL on IViewHD was a bit of a disaster.

No Sky Sports 1. No Astro Sports.

The early game was on 3 of the new channels but all were buffering.

I gave up and signed up for the 365 Sport 3 month promotion and watched the Everton game on Astro with no problems.

365 Sports showed all the games I posted the other day,went off without a hitch although about a 10 min delay from real time ,no big deal.

No buffering and if they are offering 3 mths for the price of one that seems to be one of the best ways to go.

Have Expat TV too and can watch "Match of the Day" on BBC 1, Sunday morning with a wrap up of all games.Lineker,Wright and Shearer

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

I gave up and signed up for the 365 Sport 3 month promotion and watched the Everton game on Astro with no problems.

Yeah i agree 365 sport is a great option to watch the football and with english commentary and pundits.

I also took the 3month promotion at 999bt for the premium package incl the Olympics.

I'll probably continue on the standard package at 600bt a month thereafter.

Anyone interested with their current promotion it's available until the end of August.

http://www.365sport.tv

10 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah i agree 365 sport is a great option to watch the football and with english commentary and pundits.

I also took the 3month promotion at 999bt for the premium package incl the Olympics.

I'll probably continue on the standard package at 600bt a month thereafter.

Anyone interested with their current promotion it's available until the end of August.

http://www.365sport.tv

I agree that the 365 deal does look vey good, but have you ever watched a game on cable HD and then switched immediatley to a streamer like iviewhd or 365? The difference in pic quality is huge.. I'd rather pay the extra dough for glorious 3D, with or without the pundits. Maybe True may get that soon enough, particuarly if people complain.

As for Thaiexpat tv I have that currently that I got when they were promoting the Euro's for 999bt per month...just by chance my deal finishes on the same day as the Olympics end so was lucky there. I won't be keeping it though as not prepared to pay approx Bt 600 per month on top of what I am paying now for True. I'm not bothered about MOTD as I think it goes on for too long and only really want to see the goals of the other games, not full highlights. I will miss Tipping Point though, lol.

Edited by Pat in Pattaya

On 8/3/2016 at 7:57 AM, DUS said:

On 8/9/2016 at 7:37 AM, DUS said:

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

Awful wasnt it. Most didnt work and the ones that did were unwatchable! I went through every channel and then found Spurs v Everton on a dutch channel called zippo i think and that was fine. 

It did improve for the City game later but im not sure i will risk it for tonights game.

On 8/11/2016 at 8:58 PM, bangkok blue said:

It appears the schedule has changed the main channel for matches will now be Beinsports 1. Bein sports 5 has now disappeared! It appears only 4 9pm games will be shown live. I would post the schedule, but Thaivisa won't let me upload it. It can be viewed on Truevisions Facebook page. More concerning is the "Saturday Live" preview/review show is stated as being in Thai on both EPG and Online TV guide. I'll give this lot until end of month before I look at other possible options. If no English punditry or mid week shows like before I might bin 'em! 

Not forgetting there are games on friday now in the premier league. So maybe 4 channels will be enough. 1x friday, 1 x lunch time sat, 4 x  3pm, and 1 x 5,30pm, 2 or 3 sunday and maybe 1 monday also

If you are in an area with True fiber available, a basic 799 baht package gets you 30/3 internet, a wi-fi router and Truevisions cable, with a selection of around 90 channels (with some free channels worth watching).

Add 299 baht for BeIN and you get most games live and in 1080i which last night was great. Commentary in English, no buffering, very clear picture. It was vastly superior to my local cable, never knowing what games they will decide to cover... also not sure why all the love for pre-game commentary because whenever I've been in a bar and watched it, everyone else was always calling the hosts clueless, with no idea about anything... 

Most of us who follow Australian Rules now pay (much more) to stream the official AFL live coverage of games rather than continue to chase unreliable low quality free streams. For 299 a baht a month from True I'm surprised more of you aren't going down this path. If you were in the UK you would probably be paying more. I canceled my old UBC True satellite years ago because it was poor value,  but the current option of being able to watch EPL without the need to buy an expensive Platinum package seems a sweet deal.

14 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Honestly not bothered anymore about these pundits anymore, it got to a point with me that listening to them spout complete garbage time after time was killing me, are people really going to miss listening to the likes of Curbishley, Townsend and Michael bloody Owen?? Do me a favour. And Dykes is so soft he just makess it a boys club and doesn't even make the pundits earn their money in the risk of upsetting a chum. It also gives you time to do other things instead.

Well I certainly prefer them to 3 guys jabbering away incomprehensibly in Thai!

15 hours ago, Goonerboy said:

Miss the PLTV coverage with Dykes, Townsend and co., but beggars cant be choosers. Twas good whilst it lasted! 

Yep no PLTV and more than double the bloody price for the "privilege", to boot!

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Yep no PLTV and more than double the bloody price for the "privilege", to boot!

But it's not double the prce is it, you are either very much mis-informed or just kicking up as you are one of these True haters...

You could get say the True family package plus the football package for around 900-1000 baht which is CHEAPER than CTH was, granted there isn't that much on family, but CTH didn't have that much else either....either way to say it's double the price is simply wrong.

1 hour ago, kkerry said:

If you are in an area with True fiber available, a basic 799 baht package gets you 30/3 internet, a wi-fi router and Truevisions cable, with a selection of around 90 channels (with some free channels worth watching).

Add 299 baht for BeIN and you get most games live and in 1080i which last night was great. Commentary in English, no buffering, very clear picture. It was vastly superior to my local cable, never knowing what games they will decide to cover... also not sure why all the love for pre-game commentary because whenever I've been in a bar and watched it, everyone else was always calling the hosts clueless, with no idea about anything... 

Most of us who follow Australian Rules now pay (much more) to stream the official AFL live coverage of games rather than continue to chase unreliable low quality free streams. For 299 a baht a month from True I'm surprised more of you aren't going down this path. If you were in the UK you would probably be paying more. I canceled my old UBC True satellite years ago because it was poor value,  but the current option of being able to watch EPL without the need to buy an expensive Platinum package seems a sweet deal.

I had something fairly similar but now have as follows....3 Platinum boxes in the house, 50mb fibre optic WIFI for the house, the wife has a True Move deal on her iPhone for unlimited wifi plus 450 mins of free calls per month, plus a land line connection thrown in with a local number...price Bt3500.00 but actually net Bt3200.00 as have cancelled a crappy local cable deal that was Bt300.00 a month. Not a bad deal and all under one umbrella. Also have to factor in their customer service, ie they answer the phone and know what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Contacted True today. Awaiting a call back from their marketing department about the English show.

They were advertising 380 games Live (every game) and although they had a glitch yesterday with the Burnley game, which eventually came on, I believe they will show them all, as they did pre-CTH.

7 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Contacted True today. Awaiting a call back from their marketing department about the English show.

Appreciate your work Blue, as per 3 years ago. Maybe it will be like with CTH where I think by memory it was October before that kicked in. Saying that, I don't think they had the English show when they had th PL before sandwiched inbetween the old ESPN/STAR and CTH.

4 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Why does it have to be mutually exclusive? No-one is going to watch the Thai's chatting so I don't really see your point.

My point simply being that I would very much prefer to see 3 pundits jabbering away in English. If not PLTV then BEIN's own team at the very least.

Just because you couldn't stand PLTV's pundits doesn't mean that the rest of us are commanded by you not to stand them either!

Edited by OJAS

4 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

But it's not double the prce is it, you are either very much mis-informed or just kicking up as you are one of these True haters...

You could get say the True family package plus the football package for around 900-1000 baht which is CHEAPER than CTH was, granted there isn't that much on family, but CTH didn't have that much else either....either way to say it's double the price is simply wrong.

To get the full works on True you need to fork out just over 2,400 THB (inc VAT) per month for their Platinum package. The comparable CTH price was a fraction under 1,070 THB (inc VAT). And to compare the CTH price with a True one which includes SFA other than football (unless, of course, you are an aficionado of the channels included in their Family package) sounds a bit of a non-brainer to me.

4 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

My gut feeling is that True's hands may be tied by BEIN. But BEIN's own English pundit team would definitely be better for us Anglos than nothing, even if they are by no means perfect as Chicog has already stated.

Edited by OJAS

2 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Keys and gray available in all other areas that bein cover except here Cambodia and Laos, which true have the rights for. 

Well Bein have the rights for.

They're subletting.

:D

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

My point simply being that I would very much prefer to see 3 pundits jabbering away in English. If not PLTV then BEIN's own team at the very least.

Just because you couldn't stand PLTV's pundits doesn't mean that the rest of us are commanded by you not to stand them either!

But I didn't say that did I, and you are just stating the obvious!

41 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I have the Sports Family Package because I wanted BEIN Sports last year. 

We have BEIN Sports this year but now they are blocking it for the Premier League matches so the box is going back to Truevisions tomorrow.

I need a reliable alternative? Expat TV?

I think you make a fair point, for those that had Bein 1 already in that package (existing subscribers only) really should be allowed to keep it, they have basically taken that away and still charging the same. Rather than biting your nose off to spite your face though you would surely be better off just paying the extra Bt299.00 a month to get the lot. Expat tv don't go anywhere near football.

24 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

It's worth remembering that Keys and Gray WERE on for Thailand's UCL coveraage last season.

Exactly! Although Bein are subletting, true would have paid a fee that allowed Bein to make a profit, so I doubt it is a case of Bein restricting content, especially when they have been on for UCL. Just very lazy and thoughtless production  from truevisions. Not only do we not get the punditry but we also don't get any pre or post match interviews. I paid 900 with CTH. Although I do get all matches,  I'm paying about the same for less content.

11 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Exactly! Although Bein are subletting, true would have paid a fee that allowed Bein to make a profit, so I doubt it is a case of Bein restricting content, especially when they have been on for UCL. Just very lazy and thoughtless production  from truevisions. Not only do we not get the punditry but we also don't get any pre or post match interviews. I paid 900 with CTH. Although I do get all matches,  I'm paying about the same for less content.

Yes. My CTH bill was around Bt1100 - Bt1200....if for example you have a True Gold package plus the football add on for Bt299 that's about Bt1860 per month. So say for an extra 800 baht with True you get ALL of Europe's top league plus UCL and EL coverage, all the other True sports channels (about 10 of them) plus Fox Sports 1,2 and 3. Then you have much better movie channels and much more other stuff which some people may or may not watch, like CNBC for example, then there is the much better customer service with True. So for me the extra 800 baht a month is worth it, but each to their own.