Thai PM's secretary general defends plan to buy four luxurious cars

webfact

Funny this. There is a company in Thailand that will bullet proof just about anything they want. They are also distributors for range rover and supplied a protected one for abhisit. Why the need for mercs?

When you'd be mega-rich and/or powerfull, and want/need to protect your skin with an armoured car, would you rather go for a Thai after-job or the German official version...? When it's as remote from you as it is from me, just think about getting an 'original-Thai-copy' or the real software package in your computer...

The two companies I know of are run by Americans and Germans.

They refit loads of cars for international sale.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thepprasit Rd. Pattaya 5PM today. Traffic halted or diverted in each direction. Screaming sirens everywhere. The first vehicle is a RTP Camry doing at least 120kph followed by more Camrys and and MC cops then a half dozen big Mercs all hauling ass with those followed by a fleet of RTP Camrys. Cops at the corner of every soi holding up the poor Thai commuters so Chief Assistant Deputy to the Fifth Keeper of the Hounds isn't late for cocktails and happy hour.

No different in the States. Where I used to live, once or twice a year the President or Vice President would come to play golf at one of the area's toney enclaves, stopping traffic and inconveniencing us peasants no end. All so the self-importatnt bastards could play golf and sniff the <deleted> of famous golfers.

It is said that rank hath its privilege, but in Thailand it becomes a circus more often than not. Just another way for the HI-Sos to rub the peasants nose in it some more.

No matter where you go on earth, the upper crust is going to stick it to you as hard and often as they can.

One of the reasons I love living in the country as far away from them as I can.

I remember 10 -15 years ago a certain person would go to foodland twice a day ....................accompanied by 23 supporting vehicles.

The roads would be blocked all the way until the journey, back and forth, was completed and shoppers inside foodland would be removed until the person in question had found the pack of butter she was after.

For some reason, luckily, they have discontinued that nonsense.

I can only imagine the fevered rants on this thread if it wasn't initiated by Pheu-Thai.

The silence compared to other threads like this is deafening. LMAO.

Hi John,

"The silence compared to other threads like this is deafening."

What do you mean by other threads like this, John?

"LMAO"

It really doesn't take much for you to start giggling then, does it John!

I can only imagine the fevered rants on this thread if it wasn't initiated by Pheu-Thai.

Hi John,

"LMAO"

Don't worry, EJ will soon be able to quote a poll that demonstrates his point...although he seems rarely to be able to produce the link to the facts. curious huh?

To make a point, any answer to my previous questions that you fail to answer?

Posted 2015-10-24 01:01:27

EJ, you have mentioned this 'other poll' before. I asked you many many times in the other thread if you could provide a link, never materialized. Still like to see it

In case you forgot your comments before...

http://www.thaivisa....a-is-a-success/

At some point you actually need to back up statements with fact unless you want to consign yourself to the various shills that troll this forum.

Funny this. There is a company in Thailand that will bullet proof just about anything they want. They are also distributors for range rover and supplied a protected one for abhisit. Why the need for mercs?

So what do you suggest dignitaries slum around in if not Mercs? Range Rovers, perhaps? Top of the range RRs aren't cheap even before the cost of armouring is considered.

a 150.000 baht pick-up truck, and travel with a wig. Way to go.

Hi John,

"LMAO"

Don't worry, EJ will soon be able to quote a poll that demonstrates his point...although he seems rarely to be able to produce the link to the facts. curious huh?

EJ, you have mentioned this 'other poll' before. I asked you many many times in the other thread if you could provide a link, never materialized. Still like to see it

At some point you actually need to back up statements with fact unless you want to consign yourself to the various shills that troll this forum.

Aaa, don't pick on EJ too much, he is still sulking because he can't quite find the words to defend all the generals and their minions who are involved with the L M fortune teller; or explain to us why the prosecution in the rice scheme should be immune from subsequent legal actions. But no doubt he will be amusing us with more of his siccophantic drivel very soon. Its difficult to comprehend how somebody who claims to have been a British soldier sworn to respect the government can continuously condone the tratorous behaviour of those who overthrew a government legally elected by the majority of the Thai people - the colour of the shirts does not come into it. I would feel the same disgust at the hypocrisy if the reds had overthrown a legally elected yellow government.

When you'd be mega-rich and/or powerfull, and want/need to protect your skin with an armoured car, would you rather go for a Thai after-job or the German official version...? When it's as remote from you as it is from me, just think about getting an 'original-Thai-copy' or the real software package in your computer...

Are it 'locals' (or, speaking of hard work, maybe Burmese?) doing those jobs or the Americans and Germans... A chain is as strong as its weakest link...

Are it 'locals' (or, speaking of hard work, maybe Burmese?) doing those jobs or the Americans and Germans... A chain is as strong as its weakest link...

Thailand and Thais produce more than enough automobiles plus they work as engineers in the oil industry to convince me they can add some bits and bobs onto a car to have protection be it under western supervision or not.

Retrofitting vehicles for supply to massive international organisations is a massive business in Thailand.

Will the Volkswagen come with or without bogus software?

Cheap, should have your precious pair 'crunched' for it, as if other car companies didn't do the same, LOL (P.S.: I don't have VW shares and don't drive one)

Edited by bangrak

every country has certain obligations to visiting VIPs.

If bild had the right 'starting price' of $270k a pop, then 4 of them come out to 32m Bhat

I'm sure the self-appointed "government" will clarify the pricing - they are remarkably transparent cheesy.gif

But seriously, if the price is correct, unlike the microphone deal, then who is to complain.

On the other hand, when the pope comes to visit Thailand, they'll have to go out and buy an armoured Fiat 500.... thumbsup.gif

So what do you suggest dignitaries slum around in if not Mercs? Range Rovers, perhaps? Top of the range RRs aren't cheap even before the cost of armouring is considered.

Honda Jazz why the f000000k do they need a massive expensive car...its simple THEY DONT , they should also fly economy IMO they are servants of the people only nothing more.

Whose visiting anyway? North Korean head of state.

Hi John,

"LMAO"

Aaa, don't pick on EJ too much, he is still sulking because he can't quite find the words to defend all the generals and their minions who are involved with the L M fortune teller; or explain to us why the prosecution in the rice scheme should be immune from subsequent legal actions. But no doubt he will be amusing us with more of his siccophantic drivel very soon. Its difficult to comprehend how somebody who claims to have been a British soldier sworn to respect the government can continuously condone the tratorous behaviour of those who overthrew a government legally elected by the majority of the Thai people - the colour of the shirts does not come into it. I would feel the same disgust at the hypocrisy if the reds had overthrown a legally elected yellow government.
At the risk of being thought pedantic, as a British Soldier EJ would have sworn allegiance to - if I remember correctly - "My sovereign lady Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors" rather than to a particular government.

Mind you, doesn't change the fact that his posts are right wing loony rants, and invariably he cannot actually produce the " proof" which he claims they are based on!

Edited by JAG

What's wrong with a fleet of Tuk Tuk GLX GT's to promote Thai products ?

" Sorry Mr Visiting Head of State, Government House is closed, today is a holiday, but I can take you shopping, I know some very good tailors and gem shops, they are very cheap. I will take you everywhere for 30 Baht. Do you want a massage?"

An opionion piece in the BP today raises an interesting question:

Apparently the Democrat Govt spent 123 million on 20 bullet proof range rovers, the PTP Government 8 million on 2 bullet proof VW Carvelle's and now this Government ordered in June 78 million on 6 bullet proof Maybachs.

Other than the point of why they are wasting so much money, the real issue is where the hell are all these cars going. 22 high end bullet proof cars bought in the last 5 years, where are they now? Why do they need 6 Maybachs?

Its an interesting question he asks, i dont suppose anyone will find out the answer thoough.

Apparently the Democrat Govt spent 123 million on 20 bullet proof range rovers, the PTP Government 8 million on 2 bullet proof VW Carvelle's and now this Government ordered in June 78 million on 6 bullet proof Maybachs.

Other than the point of why they are wasting so much money, the real issue is where the hell are all these cars going. 22 high end bullet proof cars bought in the last 5 years, where are they now? Why do they need 6 Maybachs?

Its an interesting question he asks, i dont suppose anyone will find out the answer thoough.

The answer may lie in earlier posts on this thread ( sorry but multiple posts are beyond my pathetic mobile phone browser skills! ) in which the refitting and resale of bulletproof luxury cars was described as a big business in this country. There again I may be wrong.

The answer may lie in earlier posts on this thread ( sorry but multiple posts are beyond my pathetic mobile phone browser skills! ) in which the refitting and resale of bulletproof luxury cars was described as a big business in this country. There again I may be wrong.

Ah okay, i did not read the entire thread. If that was the case, i would expect it fairly easy to request the information to the whereabouts of these cars? I presume the people who organize these purchasers, maintain the cars etc and deal with the day to day stuff are all still there to explain it.

SUTHEP'S PRIVATE FLEET?

Vertically Challenged people worry a lot about security, and he must have a lot of enemies!

What's wrong with a fleet of Tuk Tuk GLX GT's to promote Thai products ?

" Sorry Mr Visiting Head of State, Government House is closed, today is a holiday, but I can take you shopping, I know some very good tailors and gem shops, they are very cheap. I will take you everywhere for 30 Baht. Do you want a massage?"

"...I will take you everywhere for 30 Baht..."

Down here in sunny Phuket (THE Hub of Thai tourism) it'll cost you 200Baht just to get into a bl**din' tuk-tuk although my missus says she can get a tuk-tuk for 100 Baht; mind you I don't believe her, she hasn't been in a tuk-tuk since she learnt how to drive.