Adam Pickles attack: UK man jailed over Thailand assault

webfact

Being reported on the AD website that Tinsley is, again, out on bail pending an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Given that he skipped bail previously and was picked up at BKK airport returning to Thailand under a different name, not difficult to work out what is likely to happen this time.

Hard to imagine the thoughts of Adam's family at this, not totally unexpected, turn of events.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being reported on the AD website that Tinsley is, again, out on bail pending an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Given that he skipped bail previously and was picked up at BKK airport returning to Thailand under a different name, not difficult to work out what is likely to happen this time.

Hard to imagine the thoughts of Adam's family at this, not totally unexpected, turn of events.

There was talk before that he'd originally fled the country, funny at the time as I had a conversation with him a couple of nights later in my old bar.

:)

There was talk before that he'd originally fled the country, funny at the time as I had a conversation with him a couple of nights later in my old bar.

smile.png

You must have missed the news article where he was arrested at the airport on his return.

smile.png

You must have missed the news article where he was arrested at the airport on his return.

Maybe, I did mention it to him, can't remember what the report said.

:)

smile.png

Maybe, I did mention it to him, can't remember what the report said.

smile.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/568574-briton-held-over-vicious-attack-on-teacher-adam-pickles-in-thailand/

To respond to "teacher"

Where am I getting my information from?

The police report

Where is the evidence that was not produced at the first court trial

A witness statement from one of Sean's so called "friends"

"Teacher" seems to want to put forward the case from Sean's perspective, almost the same as his lawyer argued in court and the fact that there was no corroborative evidence leading to an attempted murder charge.

Now we have one of Sean's friends giving evidence against him.

"teacher seems a bit too keen to defend him, maybe he doth protest too much"

Not at all Crobe, just pointing out the fact that he was found not guilty of using an Iron Bar as this charge of attempted Murder was dropped, and he was charged with a lesser charge of asault. As there was no evidence in court, Of course Tinsley's lawyer must have said something like that, as he is doing his job.

However, i agree with you that If there had have been a weapon then, IMO the charges would have stuck with Attempted murder with an offensive weapon.

Yes I do know both, Adam as a teacher and, Tinsley as someone who helps people with visa's.

I stopped drinking in bars years ago. There are too many boorish idiots out there expecially after theyve drunk half the brewery...Wishful thinking on behalf of the courts to fine him over 6m baht.

They'll never collect on that deal unless the farang was silly enough to buy property here. (unlikely)

He'll only serve about half the sentence and go home.

What happened to that other Brit looney Aldhouse who killed the US marine in Phuket?

Sorry to tell you But a "Farang" cannot buy property here in Thailand...

I stopped drinking in bars years ago. There are too many boorish idiots out there expecially after theyve drunk half the brewery...Wishful thinking on behalf of the courts to fine him over 6m baht.

They'll never collect on that deal unless the farang was silly enough to buy property here. (unlikely)

He'll only serve about half the sentence and go home.

What happened to that other Brit looney Aldhouse who killed the US marine in Phuket?

Sorry to tell you But a "Farang" cannot buy property here in Thailand...

Did they create that law last night?

• 6 months later...

Sean Tinsley, the rogue visa salesman in Pattaya, who was jailed for six years for the attack on Adam Pickles, an international school’s Head of English, has hopped it.

Enter the sentence in Google to get the whole story.

Just reminds me to ask, so what about the Red Bull heir? Is he back in Thailand now? has all been forgotten? How long will that little weasel be able to run free for killing a cop while under the influence of alcohol and drugs?

A friend of mine told me he holds already a foreign passport

Alcohol is just a dangerous drug some can't handle it.. its legal.. never heard of someone on marijuana going berserk and killing people. Crazy laws.. just because its easy to tax alcohol. People who can't handle their drink should not drink.

Have you forgotten about Charles Manson and his cult? When they murdered Sharon Tate...they weren't smoking Marlboro!

cheesy.gif you take a serial killer as an example while on the other hand there are countless examples of people killing others when drunk. But none for marijuana. Bit bias don't you think. Alcohol is just a dangerous hard drug that is known for causing aggression. Far worse as many other drugs but legal.

There's no coincidence that marijuana is linked to the peace and love movement of the sixties. The overwhelming majority of pot smokers become mellow and peaceful. Those who become aggressive would probably get angry by drinking water as well.

If pot was allowed and alcohol prohibited world wide we would see a significant drop in violent crime and road deaths.

Nothing against anything else than the last part of your last sentence;

Suuure - seriously mind numbing substances would reduce road deaths - on what planet exactly?facepalm.gif

Edit: A link regarding the THC impairment while driving - has plenty of references to studies, made both in US and EU region - though some studies are somewhat contradictory - general consensus still is that it at least doubles the risk of fatal crashes;

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

Edited by jabis

Just reminds me to ask, so what about the Red Bull heir? Is he back in Thailand now? has all been forgotten? How long will that little weasel be able to run free for killing a cop while under the influence of alcohol and drugs?

A long time, it's called the Red Bull marathon and the finish is at eternity.

Sean Tinsley, the rogue visa salesman in Pattaya, who was jailed for six years for the attack on Adam Pickles, an international school’s Head of English, has hopped it.

Well done Berty100.thumbsup.gif

Have you forgotten about Charles Manson and his cult? When they murdered Sharon Tate...they weren't smoking Marlboro!

cheesy.gif you take a serial killer as an example while on the other hand there are countless examples of people killing others when drunk. But none for marijuana. Bit bias don't you think. Alcohol is just a dangerous hard drug that is known for causing aggression. Far worse as many other drugs but legal.

There's no coincidence that marijuana is linked to the peace and love movement of the sixties. The overwhelming majority of pot smokers become mellow and peaceful. Those who become aggressive would probably get angry by drinking water as well.

If pot was allowed and alcohol prohibited world wide we would see a significant drop in violent crime and road deaths.

Suuure - seriously mind numbing substances would reduce road deaths - on what planet exactly?facepalm.gif

I am, of course, not saying that smoking pot will reduce road deaths in itself but that stoned people IMO are less dangerous in traffic than drunk people.

Obviously, neither stoned nor drunk people should drive a vehicle.

Well done Berty100.

For those of us in Thailand, where the Drummond site is apparently blocked, can anyone give us the Reader's Digest version?

I am, of course, not saying that smoking pot will reduce road deaths in itself but that stoned people IMO are less dangerous in traffic than drunk people.

Obviously, neither stoned nor drunk people should drive a vehicle.

Yup - stoners tend to be more aware of their intoxication, and thus try to overcompensate on their impairment. Still over doubling the risks for fatal accidents. If coupled with any else intoxicating agents the risks skyrocket. Also there are no reliable scientifically proven tests for DUI under THC, that would prove a certain level of impairment, that is quite a big dilemma for courts.

Well done Berty100.

For those of us in Thailand, where the Drummond site is apparently blocked, can anyone give us the Reader's Digest version?

Drummonds new site is not blocked, look it up "Andrew-Drummond news from the orient"