Adam Pickles attack: UK man jailed over Thailand assault

webfact

I stopped drinking in bars years ago. There are too many boorish idiots out there expecially after theyve drunk half the brewery...Wishful thinking on behalf of the courts to fine him over 6m baht.

They'll never collect on that deal unless the farang was silly enough to buy property here. (unlikely)

He'll only serve about half the sentence and go home.

What happened to that other Brit looney Aldhouse who killed the US marine in Phuket?

He went to Thai jail and I believe he got transferred to a Brit one later on (but could be mistaken on that)

Aldhouse got 25 years and is serving it in a Thai jail.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishful thinking on behalf of the courts to fine him over 6m baht.

They'll never collect on that deal unless the farang was silly enough to buy property here. (unlikely)

If he doesn't pay the fine his sentence, if his appeal is rejected, will be increased to cover it. Convicts don't get let off fines if they can't afford to pay them.

cheesy.gif you take a serial killer as an example while on the other hand there are countless examples of people killing others when drunk. But none for marijuana. Bit bias don't you think. Alcohol is just a dangerous hard drug that is known for causing aggression. Far worse as many other drugs but legal.

If pot was allowed and alcohol prohibited world wide we would see a significant drop in violent crime and road deaths.

Great suggestion, can't see any problems at all letting high pot-heads behind the wheel.

I stopped drinking in bars years ago. There are too many boorish idiots out there expecially after theyve drunk half the brewery...Wishful thinking on behalf of the courts to fine him over 6m baht.

What happened to that other Brit looney Aldhouse who killed the US marine in Phuket?

He went to Thai jail and I believe he got transferred to a Brit one later on (but could be mistaken on that)

Aldhouse got 25 years and is serving it in a Thai jail.

Yup, whilst in another farang murders farang, and is convicted of murder, in Chiang Mai, is not under any media spotlight, the sentence for murder.... 2 1/2 years, he was released and sent back to Aussie after less than 2 years.

Pulled out a gun in restaurant along the moat and shot him in the head. In the news, but not main media.

Good to see the harsh fine , just wish the Thai authorities would impliment this across the board.

A recent "driver" of a mini bus was fined 7000 baht for dangerous driving leading to multiple deaths....7000 compared to 6.2 million...not quite right!

In addition to fines for different offences being limited by statute, courts take intent into consideration when determining fines. There is no similarity between this case and the one you mention, they are not comparable.

Good to see the harsh fine , just wish the Thai authorities would impliment this across the board.

A recent "driver" of a mini bus was fined 7000 baht for dangerous driving leading to multiple deaths....7000 compared to 6.2 million...not quite right!

Whilst I agree fining people has its merits, I would like to know where does the money go? Does it get pumped back into the legal system somehow or goes to something else. Is there any transparency and accountability were the money can be tracked. it maybe a daft question. I am sure there maybe a strong possibility that it goes into a tea fund.smile.png

Fines of this type go directly to the government through the court.

Mr Pickles is now in a english hospital - STILL in a coma, after all these years. He will never recover.

Mr Tinsley needs to spend more than 6 yrs in a Thai prison for what he did.

He is no longer in a coma.

Mrs Pickles said he was no longer in a coma but he was only able to move his fingers and toes and, sometimes, open his eyes.

She said: "We told him the result yesterday and we got a little smile."

Read the link in the OP...it was "Road Rage"...universal wherever there there are motor vehicles and boneheads behind the wheel...even in our civilized western utopias.

Not exactly the usual road rage. All explained in the news video:

Alcohol is just a dangerous drug some can't handle it.. its legal.. never heard of someone on marijuana going berserk and killing people. Crazy laws.. just because its easy to tax alcohol. People who can't handle their drink should not drink.

Have you forgotten about Charles Manson and his cult? When they murdered Sharon Tate...they weren't smoking Marlboro!

cheesy.gif you take a serial killer as an example while on the other hand there are countless examples of people killing others when drunk. But none for marijuana. Bit bias don't you think. Alcohol is just a dangerous hard drug that is known for causing aggression. Far worse as many other drugs but legal.

There's no coincidence that marijuana is linked to the peace and love movement of the sixties. The overwhelming majority of pot smokers become mellow and peaceful. Those who become aggressive would probably get angry by drinking water as well.

If pot was allowed and alcohol prohibited world wide we would see a significant drop in violent crime and road deaths.

I'm guessing you are choosing to ignore the significant rise in road deaths caused by drivers under the influence of pot that are being recorded by the States in the US that have legalized it.

According to a witness the BBC and others need to get certain important facts right. This man was NEVER hit by an iron bar he was pissed and crashed into Mr Tinsley car and fled. When confronted he attacked Mr Tinsley and fell backwards in his drunken state and hit his head on the pavement. Stop telling lies no iron bar was ever used and Pickles was a violent drunkard.

Edited by jazzyfrosty

Great suggestion, can't see any problems at all letting high pot-heads behind the wheel.

I can see problems but I belive high people drive less and less agressively than drunks.

According to a witness the BBC and others need to get certain important facts right. This man was NEVER hit by an iron bar he was pissed and crashed into Mr Tinsley car and fled. When confronted he attacked Mr Tinsley and fell backwards in his drunken state and hit his head on the pavement. Stop telling lies no iron bar was ever used and Pickles was a violent drunkard.

Really?

The educator had been struck from behind with a metal bar after dinging a car belonging to Tinsley. Police have CCTV footage showing Tinsley rejoicing and boasting in the street in a re-enactment.

http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from-around-pattaya/road-rage-brit-arrested-for-attempted-murder/

Alcohol is just a dangerous drug some can't handle it.. its legal.. never heard of someone on marijuana going berserk and killing people. Crazy laws.. just because its easy to tax alcohol. People who can't handle their drink should not drink.

Have you forgotten about Charles Manson and his cult? When they murdered Sharon Tate...they weren't smoking Marlboro!

Misinformation.

They were all skag freaks.

No, they were on acid, people are not inclined to violence after a few spliff's.

Hes right and I dont smoke it.

Really?

The educator had been struck from behind with a metal bar after dinging a car belonging to Tinsley. Police have CCTV footage showing Tinsley rejoicing and boasting in the street in a re-enactment.

http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from-around-pattaya/road-rage-brit-arrested-for-attempted-murder/

The court case was followed quite extensively by Andrew Drummond. Tinsley pursued him from the restaurant and struck him with a bar in Pickles driveway at his home.

I'm guessing you are choosing to ignore the significant rise in road deaths caused by drivers under the influence of pot that are being recorded by the States in the US that have legalized it.

What are your sources for this "information" Lee4 Life? No sources = speculation = BS.

Traffic deaths in Colorado have plummeted since legalisation. My source is Google, check it out.

Alcohol is a factor in a high number of road rage incidents and accidents.

Edited by Chainsaw

An appeal can go both ways.

Hopefully if/when the attacker appeals the judge will reinstate the original attempted murder charge and double or treble the sentence.

After all his victim, Mr Pickles, is serving a life sentence! Aldhouse got 25 years for a similar cowardly attack!

Mr Pickles would be ill-advised to contemplate an appeal and should consider 6 years to be getting off lightly, his original acquittal notwithstanding. Personally, I hope he does appeal and get 25 years instead.

Hopefully if/when the attacker appeals the judge will reinstate the original attempted murder charge and double or treble the sentence.

After all his victim, Mr Pickles, is serving a life sentence! Aldhouse got 25 years for a similar cowardly attack!

Mr Pickles would be ill-advised to contemplate an appeal and should consider 6 years to be getting off lightly, his original acquittal notwithstanding. Personally, I hope he does appeal and get 25 years instead.

Prbkk, I think you mean Tinsley would be well advised etc.................

Pickles is in the UK. Tinsley's in jail.

post-9891-0-48905300-1446809770_thumb.jp

Bad guy

post-9891-0-13878300-1446809930_thumb.jp

Good guy

Edited by ratcatcher

Prbkk, I think you mean Tinsley would be well advised etc.................

Pickles is in the UK. Tinsley's in jail.

attachicon.gifSean-Tinsley.jpgattachicon.gifpickles.jpg

Bad guy..............................................................Good guy.

Indeed, an early middle age moment of confusion

who is lying? The evidence is clear, he used some form of a metal iron bar in his brutal attack, the question is, how did he get off with last time? l wonder.

I think you might find that during the time Tinsley was running his shady visa shop and having from time to time use the under the table payment method to keep certain people sweet, he managed to perhaps gain some useful contacts.

Anybody remember the dodgy visas that came from Birmingham that you need not leave the country for?

he was jailed for life and is in a thai jail, about 10 years and he will be out

Thats because he was a Thai, and had it been a Thai that did this to Mr Pickles, it would have resulted in a 500 Baht fine, and no jail,