New Mazda CX-3

IMHO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO, how would the 2.0E at 835 000 compare to the Ford ecosport top of the range Titanium at 844 000?

From a purely spec-sheet perspective:

Ecosport Titanium pros:

Moonroof

Leather seats (S grade+)

Climate control AC (C grade+)

Auto headlights (S grade+)

Rain sensing wipers (S grade+)

Fog lights (C grade+)

Keyless entry (C grade+)

Reversing sensors (S grade+)

CX-3 E pros:

2.0L engine

Torque Converter AT

Note that if you step up to the C grade or higher on the CX-3, the first thing you're going to get is an improved infotainment system - that's one notable area where the Ecosport and Fiesta are both behind the game now.

You should also be aware that a minor change of the Ecosport is rolling out in India right about now. Changes are very minimal though - the big difference is the 1.5L diesel's power output -but we don't get that engine here. There is an updated front grille design, and some added highlights to the interior though.. At this stage there's no word on when/whether TH will get the update.

It seems the sweetspot models in the CX-3 model lineup are the C and S grades (but, still too much Baht for what you get) - the E just misses out on too much, IMHO, and the SP/XDL just don't offer enough added value for the prices being asked.

Have they put adult sized seats in the Ecosport yet or stuch with the kids ones that are smaller than the Fiest's seats?

It must be really tiny...those Asian guys tower over it ?

Indeed it is - which is why I'd compare it to a Mazda2 / Ecosport / Juke, not a Mazda3 / HR-V.

The biggest thing about it is the price tongue.png

If the cx-3 had similar dimensions to the mazda 3 it would be OK (except the diesel price). It's just too small and not enough car for the money. Maybe single trendy little Thais with plenty of money will like it. Any idea on the mass (kg) of the 2.0 model?

I wish they'd bring the rumoured sporty Mazda 3 to Thailand..

When the western design team were designing the CX3 they were told they were stuck with the Mazda 2 dash. This compromised the design somewhat. Its a very different car to the HRV but what is it exactly .. A sporty hatchback with a high seating position? It's no SUV for sure

When the western design team were designing the CX3 they were told they were stuck with the Mazda 2 dash. This compromised the design somewhat. Its a very different car to the HRV but what is it exactly .. A sporty hatchback with a high seating position? It's no SUV for sure

I saw one today on the road on the way home. I thought it was a M2 at first. It's not much higher than one. Just looks more bulky. Looks nice though.

During the marketing event at the launch, it seems they are basing their target audience on women. The marketing manager compared how cumbersome looking it is for a women in Europe to exit her European car, and that the CX-3 is designed to be elegantly exited with grace! It is clearly aimed at the 20-30 something as they are calling it the Urban SUV designed for the young professional. Regardless of the somewhat cheesy marking presentation with women in 6" heels exiting the car, and the surfer dude just waiting to leave the office, it is a decent and sleek looking motor. In the flesh it is much nicer looking than the HR-V in my opinion. It seems a little late for the party for me, and the price is quite steep in comparison. Mazda are expecting to shift 6000 units, or was it 600? Anyway, I am sure they will sell a few.

During the marketing event at the launch, it seems they are basing their target audience on women. The marketing manager compared how cumbersome looking it is for a women in Europe to exit her European car, and that the CX-3 is designed to be elegantly exited with grace! It is clearly aimed at the 20-30 something as they are calling it the Urban SUV designed for the young professional. Regardless of the somewhat cheesy marking presentation with women in 6" heels exiting the car, and the surfer dude just waiting to leave the office, it is a decent and sleek looking motor. In the flesh it is much nicer looking than the HR-V in my opinion. It seems a little late for the party for me, and the price is quite steep in comparison. Mazda are expecting to shift 6000 units, or was it 600? Anyway, I am sure they will sell a few.

So they had a bunch of K-pop Thai lookalikes serenading the crowd of assembled spectators and media then...I guess that leaves us 50 plus retired guys in suburban pattaya as outside their demographic.

Not quite the same as a Mazda3 MPS or Focus RS..... but the minor change Focus is launching soon with a 1.5L Ecoboost engine making 180HP and 240Nm (over a very wide range: 1500-5000 RPM). Shouldn't be too hard to get it into the low-mid 200's, and under 7 secs with some plugin performance parts ;)

Not quite the same as a Mazda3 MPS or Focus RS..... but the minor change Focus is launching soon with a 1.5L Ecoboost engine making 180HP and 240Nm (over a very wide range: 1500-5000 RPM). Shouldn't be too hard to get it into the low-mid 200's, and under 7 secs with some plugin performance parts wink.png

Interesting indeed. This is not the same engine as the Fiesta ST? (which I believe is a 1.6l)...would be nice to see a proper Fiesta ST here for under 1m.....

Not quite the same as a Mazda3 MPS or Focus RS..... but the minor change Focus is launching soon with a 1.5L Ecoboost engine making 180HP and 240Nm (over a very wide range: 1500-5000 RPM). Shouldn't be too hard to get it into the low-mid 200's, and under 7 secs with some plugin performance parts wink.png

I didn't realise that....any idea on a release date, and is it already available overseas? May look up some reviews on it.

Interesting indeed. This is not the same engine as the Fiesta ST? (which I believe is a 1.6l)...would be nice to see a proper Fiesta ST here for under 1m.....

As I understand it, Ford downsized the 1.6L ecoboost to 1.5L, and added a little extra trickery to give it the same output. The ST is a 2.3L ecoboost.

I didn't realise that....any idea on a release date, and is it already available overseas? May look up some reviews on it.

You should be able to find reviews from the UK and AU. No confirmed release date that I'm aware of, but it's imminent - Ford TH is already exporting them to AU, so it's just a matter of when it suits them to release it domestically... that might be Q1'16 under the new tax scheme (which it aces at <150gm/KM), and/or after they've runout the old model.

Not quite the same as a Mazda3 MPS or Focus RS..... but the minor change Focus is launching soon with a 1.5L Ecoboost engine making 180HP and 240Nm (over a very wide range: 1500-5000 RPM). Shouldn't be too hard to get it into the low-mid 200's, and under 7 secs with some plugin performance parts ;)

Is Thailand really getting the high output version? If so that's great.

Hope it comes with the cream leather interior too.

Is Thailand really getting the high output version? If so that's great.

Hope it comes with the cream leather interior too.

Based on the fact it replaces the 170HP 2.0L in the higher models, we're all guessing yes.

• 1 month later...

I bought the CX3 and it is impressive all round. Its styling is more like a Lexus or a BMW.

No English manual yet mister next month............................

If anyone knows how to update the maps let me know.

I downloaded a Mazda toolbox for Windows 7 and it is confusing

Any one else have any info on the CX3

Saw it next to the HRV at central and from the outside it looked a bit cooler/hipper but as soon as you get close, its plasticy and super small. No place for long legs, no cargo space

Yes it's rather small....but ok for trendy singles who don't travel much I guess. Hrv is much more practical albeit less fun to drive.

Saw it next to the HRV at central and from the outside it looked a bit cooler/hipper but as soon as you get close, its plasticy and super small. No place for long legs, no cargo space

Yes it's rather small....but ok for trendy singles who don't travel much I guess. Hrv is much more practical albeit less fun to drive.

Yep, the CX-3 is small - Not at all what you expect for the money asked.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived