Buying sports clothing that doesn't break the bank

jonesyb

The Adidas/Nike etc stores are all very expensive. Can someone recommend somewhere I can buy shorts, t-shirts and stuff for training in? Footwear I will still buy branded as I know what I need and it's important to buy a very good product to protect my feet. Not as important for the rest of my body. Any recommendations of places to shop?

Great questions. I have been here 10 years and am still wondering the same thing, where to find shorts and t-shirts. I looked all over the night bazar for two nights.

I'm going to go on a mission and see what I can find, I'll let you know the results.

My issue with the branded stores isn't the price, it's the same as in the UK, for the most part - Under Armour is more expensive than in the UK, for example - it's that stores won't have the same selection of things on sale. That's from my brief experience with these kind of shops. I am happy to be proven wrong.

Try the export clothing shops. Depends on how fancy you need the clothing to be. You can exercise in a tee shirt and comfortable pair of stretchy shorts, both can be found at the export clothing shops in larger sizes. Now, if you want something in a fancy microfiber to wick perspiration -- well, you're going to have to pay for that.

Try the export clothing shops. Depends on how fancy you need the clothing to be. You can exercise in a tee shirt and comfortable pair of stretchy shorts, both can be found at the export clothing shops in larger sizes. Now, if you want something in a fancy microfiber to wick perspiration -- well, you're going to have to pay for that.

I am prepared to pay for the right items, I just don't want to pay over the odds when I don't need to.

Export clothing stores? This is a new concept to me, I shall seek them out. Thank you.

Football Shirt + shorts, around 300bht at MaeJo Student Market Monday evenings.

On the old 1001 outside the MaeJo University side entrance.

I buy all my Liverpool shirts and shorts there.

Lazada do a good range as well, cycling shorts and top starting from 700bht, 3 weeks delivery from China.

Sportswear shop, just around the corner from the Moat Park, Sports shirts from 100bht.

But they don't like selling to foreigners. You need to be really pushy to buy from them.

Football club outfits, there, but not on display.

SportsWorld in the back of KSK shopping mall, more expensive than the markets, but they have everything.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Football Shirt + shorts, around 300bht at MaeJo Student Market Monday evenings.

On the old 1001 outside the MaeJo University side entrance.

Lazada do a good range as well, cycling shorts and top starting from 700bht, 3 weeks delivery from China.

Sportswear shop, just around the corner from the Moat Park, Sports shirts from 100bht.

But they don't like selling to foreigners. You need to be really pushy to buy from them.

Don't like selling to foreigners? I don't get that at all.

Thank you for the information!

Check the third floor of Central Kad Suan Kaew and "Sports World". They have quality shirts and shorts at fair prices. No worries with haggling with greedy merchants at Night Bazaar or racist shopkeepers.

Careful with trainers. Even nice stores in the Fancy malls (with full overseas price) are selling FAKES! I gor burned on some Asics. Adidas store appears genuine, as well as the shop in the back on the food court level of Kad Suan Kaew.

Edited by arunsakda

Very difficult to find non copy sports clothing or gear at a reasonable price in Thailand. Every once in a while they run a big sale in Central world in BKK and can find some 30 to 50 % off. The prices are however sometimes inflated and your real savings is minimal. The cloths are also normally last year's fashion or two or three years and they are trying to close out. I normally wait for when I am in America and can find name brand for half the price of what's found in Thailand. Also in U.S. You can be sure it is the real thing and not a copy.

Check the third floor of Central Kad Suan Kaew and "Sports World". They have quality shirts and shorts at fair prices. No worries with haggling with greedy merchants at Night Bazaar or racist shopkeepers.

Careful with trainers. Even nice stores in the Fancy malls (with full overseas price) are selling FAKES! I gor burned on some Asics. Adidas store appears genuine, as well as the shop in the back on the food court level of Kad Suan Kaew.

Racist shop-keepers!! Where?

• 6 months later...