What is the most spacious car for less than 600K baht?

vinmelo89

Thanks much for your answers.

Around the 500 000 B mark there's the Toyota Yaris which is a bit cheaper than the Ertiga (yes, good car I heard). Any feedback on that car?

Thanks

Yaris is a nice car, very roomy inside

Lots about........... can't every remember seeing the new Yaris with a male driver, all appear to be female shopping cars

old ones were 1.5 engine [did try one once, to small could not fit in] new one looks better but only 1.2 engine options, guess the boy racers will give it a miss.

As for Yaris v Ertiga err? not even in the same class... Toyota Yaris vs Suzuki Celerio

or try suzuki ertiga vs Toyota avanza

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much for your answers.

Around the 500 000 B mark there's the Toyota Yaris which is a bit cheaper than the Ertiga (yes, good car I heard). Any feedback on that car?

Thanks

Yaris is a nice car, very roomy inside

Lots about........... can't every remember seeing the new Yaris with a male driver, all appear to be female shopping cars

old ones were 1.5 engine [did try one once, to small could not fit in] new one looks better but only 1.2 engine options, guess the boy racers will give it a miss.

As for Yaris v Ertiga err? not even in the same class... Toyota Yaris vs Suzuki Celerio

or try suzuki ertiga vs Toyota avanza

Or, Yaris vs Swift :P

The Celerio vs Yaris is a bit unfair - 1.0L vs 1.2L / 68HP vs 86HP

Hi Vinmelo89,

i found a websie where you can compare prices and they show you every model in the prince range you looking for.

Not sure the website is an accurate one but i think it can help your search.

http://www.siamnewcar.com/chooser.php

Greetings, Foexie

Yes but a long way behind the times........... some cars just not added at all, other New models, even over a year old still not on this site. still shows old models/engines/Spec + Price... So would be very difficult to compare anything for 2015.. many prices are way off..

I reckon, Family + dogs = Pickup or MPV or SUV

The OPs has cut the pickup so MPV or SUV would be the best option.

MPVs like the Avanza and Ertiga are close to the price point (new) but I would not say they were spacious.

The Toyota Innova, Proton Evora are much more spacious but more expensive when new.

Protons depreciate quickly so used ones can be good value. 2 year old Evora's are ~300 - 400k. http://www.taladrod.com/w30/iCar/CarDet.aspx?cid=1668966

That is similar money for a 10 year old Toyota Wish, Innova or Mitsubishi Space Wagon.

Used SUV's like the CRV ~5 years old can be around 600k. Less popular models like the Nissan X-Trail and Ford Escape are less expensive. How about a 1 year old Escape for 600k. http://www.taladrod.com/w30/icar/CarDet.aspx?cid=1671868

Not a bad time to buy used if you can negotiate past the scams.

Edited by Jitar

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I thought I'd let you know of my decision.

Well after testing different cars, checking the pros and cons between new and old cars, I finally decided to go for the Honda Mobilio S type. Yes, it's 649 000 Baht so a bit above what I was prepared to pay but I think it's worth the extra financial effort.

I've got HUGE boot space which is great for the dogs (in the meantime I got a 3rd dog.. really need to stop now), plus the driving is nice. ALright it's not a CRV but it's definitely decent. First year insurance is free.. and it's. well.. new. I don't know much about engines so that's the way to go.

Thanks again to those who nicely threw in their 2 cents by way or advice, or giving websites to consult. It's been highly appreciated.

Cheerio!