Ford Fiesta Ecoboost

happylarry

I find it surprising the Mazda 2 outsells the Fiesta 9 to 1. Driving around, I've never thought Mazda 2 and Honda City shared a similar level of popularity, never seen that many and as a Fiesta owner I do take notice everytime I see another Fiesta or Mazda 2.

Practically everyone like Mazda's Kodo design language, but people are split on Ford's Kinetic design - some love it, others feel it's over-designed. The Fiesta also has a terribly dated looking and functioning infotainment system, which gives the whole car a perceived feeling of being low-tech, or a bit 'yesteryear' (Ditto Ecosport).

Tech and styling sell cars in 2015.

Ther MG3 sales surprise me. Must be more common somewhere else.

September was the first month MG have provided any sales numbers... The October numbers should tell if what we're seeing here are aggregate totals or not wink.png Which they likely are, so that EOY numbers all add up.

Well I have just driven to Cha-am in a Fiesta Ecoboost ...the road noise was quite high at times, suspension a bit 'thumpy' at times. It's economical and was bought for my step-daughter.

Unfortunately we have to use it to drive to Phu Tub Berg next week.

Opinion, great around Bangkok and if you are young. I have to admit I much prefered my V-Cross.

However for 650,000thb an okay run-a-round.

And if it breaks down she won't need to phone me!!!

Well I have just driven to Cha-am in a Fiesta Ecoboost ...the road noise was quite high at times, suspension a bit 'thumpy' at times. It's economical and was bought for my step-daughter.

Unfortunately we have to use it to drive to Phu Tub Berg next week.

Opinion, great around Bangkok and if you are young. I have to admit I much prefered my V-Cross.

However for 650,000thb an okay run-a-round.

And if it breaks down she won't need to phone me!!!

So I noticed a few things.

It did 16ish Km/ltr

Quite difficult to control smoothly on a steep incline when going very slow and also starting on same ... especially if the surface is loose. Seems to have little torque at very low revs also it could be changing gear ... there were problems I read (http://motorreview.com/ford-fiesta-automatic-transmission-fixes/) and a software update seemed to improve ... I need to check if it has the latest software. (it's in the Ford shop at present as I hit a bump at 100KPH + and steering wheel is slightly not straight now ... they will fix it under warranty. It doesn't pull to one side so can't be a huge problem to fix ... they will put it on an alignment rig to check.

The water high temp alarm fleeted on a long steep windy climb, I wasn't going exactly slow!

I did touch 150KPH on one occasion, it felt very secure, some 3ltr pick up didn't want me to pass when I was doing about 120 so he accelerated. Left him in the dust! then slowed back to 120 so he could pass. It's quick!

Today the mechanic confirmed that they won't build anymore for the Thai Market ... Thais don't like the small 3-Cyl engine. Also the clutch is guaranteed for 10-Years ... it's a slightly modified version of the clutch that gave all the trouble. Definitely going to suggest that step-daughter (whos car it is) buys the extra 2-years warranty.

All in all it's okay if you like a large skateboard... seriously it's okay for the money. Not my 'cup of tea' though...give me the 3+Ltr tank.

Our company needed a new car in March this year, so after investigating what was on the market, I suggested the fiesta ecoboost for a number of reasons.

The engine is actually fantastic, the technology at the time won many awards. Being turbocharged it has a lot of torque and there is no turbo lag whatsoever, the boost comes on instantly. Gets great fuel economy too.

The car weighs practically nothing, so for a cheap small car it actually goes quite well. Faster than all other cars in its price range I believe.

Further more if you put some breathing mods like an exhaust system, intake and modify the tune with a chip, can increase power by another 25-30%. Many companies are doing this in Europe successfully.

I am looking to buy a new Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 litre. But it seems that Ford have used up there quota fo Thailand and won't be producing any more this year, well I was wondering if there are any Ford garages out in the sticks somewhere that may have one of these sitting in their showroom waiting for a buyer.

If you know someone that works in a Ford main dealer would you be kind enough to ask them please and let me know if there is one anywhere.

Thanks in anticipation.

HL

Well HL ...did you get sorted. I was told yesterday that there are still some 5dr available ... not all colours though ...and quite a few 4dr.

Archived