4 UDD members jailed for torching Khon Kaen provincial hall in 2010

webfact

4 UDD members jailed for torching Khon Kaen provincial hall in 2010

227-wpcf_728x409.jpg

KHON KAEN: -- Four members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship were today (Wednesday) sentenced to imprisonment ranging from 3-13 years for the torching of Khon Kaen provincial hall during their anti-Abhisit government in 2010.

The Khon Kaen provincial court handed down 13 years jailterm on Adisai Wibulsek and Chirattrakul Soomha and three years jailterm on Suthas Singbuakhao and Udom Kammoon. The court refused to grant them suspended jailterm, claiming that they had no respect for the law of the land and wanted to set an example for the other people.

On May 19, 2010, hundreds of red-shirt supporters broke through a cordon of police and guards into the compound of the provincial hall. Then they entered the provincial hall building, smashing properties and setting fire to the building using burning car tires and fire bombs.

The court said there were solid evidences against the four defendants which included video footages showing them in the act of violence.

After hearing the court’s verdict, Mr Boonyong Kaewfainok, a UDD lawyer, said he would appeal the verdict to the Appeals Court and would seek bail for the four convicts.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/4-udd-members-jailed-for-torching-khon-kaen-provincial-hall-in-2010

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-11

about time the reds started paying for their terrorist actions, if they start to see their other idiot members being locked up maybe they will realize they are only being used as a tool to further the shins ambitions.

Any reds still want to try and claim they didn't burn down CentralWorld as well with their million liters of petrol ?.

Or do you still try to claim someone else did it ?.

Or have you really always known just like the rest of us who did it - but lying and blaming others just comes so easy ?..

It's good to know some more low-life are behind bars where they belong.

claiming that they had no respect for the law of the land and wanted to set an example for the other people."

Who? The army?

If you had any sense and any shame whatsoever, you would keep out of threads like this where you people have been shown in your true colours.

And writing nonsense like a 6-year old and thinking you made some kind of witty point makes it even worse.

Any reds still want to try and claim they didn't burn down CentralWorld as well with their million liters of petrol ?.

Or have you really always known just like the rest of us who did it - but lying and blaming others just comes so easy ?..

Yes, Red shirt has just less memory, they forget all beautiful video of their leaders, like Nattawut Saikua, call for violent protest and ordered to burn Bangkok

My g/f's family is involved with local government in the NE. The burning of provincial government centres and, in particular, the fire engine in CM had a seriously negative effect on their attitude to the red movement. Destroying hard won gains helps nobody.

Yes, Red shirt has just less memory, they forget all beautiful video of their leaders, like Nattawut Saikua, call for violent protest and ordered to burn Bangkok

Ahh - you give them too much credit.

They remember well enough : they are just selective about what they will admit : they can freely deny it and blame others without care or conscience. We call it hypocrisy and I've been watching them do it for the last 10 years.

The usual helpful comments, I see. Not one so far calling for lawbreakers on both sides to be brought to justice.

What has law breakers on both sides have to do with this particular story?

What have the Shinawatra family, Nattawut Saikua, red shirts and UDD members who were not there at the time have to do with this particular story, Mr. Obtuse? I don't see you complaining about that...

The usual helpful comments, I see. Not one so far calling for lawbreakers on both sides to be brought to justice.

What have the Shinawatra family, Nattawut Saikua, red shirts and UDD members who were not there at the time have to do with this particular story, Mr. Obtuse? I don't see you complaining about that...

What do the Shinawatras have to do with their mercenary propagandists? What do the UDD members who claimed they would burn BKK, and told their supporters to burn provincial government centres have to do with those who did it?

What do the Shinawatras have to do with their mercenary propagandists? What do the UDD members who claimed they would burn BKK, and told their supporters to burn provincial government centres have to do with those who did it?

You like your rhetorical questions, I see. Now how about you go back and read the "to do with this particular story" part of the exchange. Cheers!

Another twist to the topic---OTHERS AS WELL from the other side. Are you not content same old story---example Thaksin and corruption---"what about the others" Yingluck skipping near all chair duties and world travel---example what about others going abroad----get my drift ??

Another twist to the topic---OTHERS AS WELL from the other side. Are you not content same old story---example Thaksin and corruption---"what about the others" Yingluck skipping near all chair duties and world travel---example what about others going abroad----get my drift ??
I think I do, yes. It is just that I consider that if reconciliation is actually the goal, there is no point in giving either side the opportunity to cry 'WITCH HUNT!'

The arsonists should of course have to pay for their crimes, but now jail a few on the other side for the airport blockade or whatever. Not a perfect solution of course, but better than what we have now, with one faction attempting to anihilate the other and refusing to concede that they too might not be whiter than white. Look at some of the posters on here, for example, blowing a gasket as if the people at the top on both sides would p1ss on any of us if we were on fire.. (That doesn't include you).

Edited by baboon

claiming that they had no respect for the law of the land and wanted to set an example for the other people."

Who? The army?

If you had any sense and any shame whatsoever, you would keep out of threads like this where you people have been shown in your true colours.

And writing nonsense like a 6-year old and thinking you made some kind of witty point makes it even worse.

Too right, juntajohn has a monopoly to write and produce nonsense on behalf of all the 6 year olds.

If juntajohn had any sense, he would also keep out of such threads which may then leave a reasonable person to conclude the possibility that some form of intellegence may actually exist.

I can't remember anything about the yellowshirts, Sutheps lot,Phra Issara and his bunch burning down any city halls anywhere.

Is there a link somewhere that I have missed?

I can't remember anything about the yellowshirts, Sutheps lot,Phra Issara and his bunch burning down any city halls anywhere.

I don't know; is there?

This is very unsatisfactory. Who cares about the monkey, just get rid of the organ grinder, however, wherever and pronto.

Until he's dead this will never end. He raped Thailand for such much $ that he will always be a festering cancer from afar.

I very much doubt it will end even then - the genie is out of the bottle and putting him back would take decades of isolationism, in my opinion, if you want Thailand back in the 50s. I doubt the overwhelming majority of Thai people would put up with that, to be honest.

They closed down the airport, okay they didn't burn it, so not arson but treason.

They closed down the airport, okay they didn't burn it, so not arson but treason.

Nor is it treason.

I think I do, yes. It is just that I consider that if reconciliation is actually the goal, there is no point in giving either side the opportunity to cry 'WITCH HUNT!'

The arsonists should of course have to pay for their crimes, but now jail a few on the other side for the airport blockade or whatever. Not a perfect solution of course, but better than what we have now, with one faction attempting to anihilate the other and refusing to concede that they too might not be whiter than white. Look at some of the posters on here, for example, blowing a gasket as if the people at the top on both sides would p1ss on any of us if we were on fire.. (That doesn't include you).

Reconciliation, should never happen. there is nowhere to draw a fair line.

Just being on one side or the other is not a crime, it is those within that have broken the laws of the land within these parties. These are the people who should be banished from any involvement in politics. Blatant corruption whoever was involved, and persons being paid by the state who did not do the job they were paid for.

Again --anyone who is/was collaborating with Thaksin that was holding office should be sacked and dealt with with the full force of the law.

PTP and Yingluck were ruled by the man and should be dealt with accordingly as well as what is ongoing. Anyone else who has been guilty of crime brought to heel. To me RECONCILIATION is a no go area--it will never work and will bring back unwanted offenders.

Edited by ginjag

yes, the yellow shirts are violent, kill people, take over government buildings, threaten to kidnap people, use military guards, military weapons, kill police, etc, etc, etc, but you would never know it because so many posters here ignore the blatant truth. ....

And besides, when it comes to the really nasty killing of large numbers of Thais, the yellow shirts have the army to do their dirty work.