90 day reporting - I got a 2,000 baht fine

Only myself to blame. I know the rules, it simply slipped my mind.

The report date was the 2nd. I reported on the 10th, so 1 day over the +7 days.

They were very nice about it and processed it in about 10 minutes. I had to sign a couple of different books and that was it.

Here's a copy of my receipt:

post-234880-0-60707200-1447352614_thumb.

If you are on Farcebook, do what I do and create an event, but make it private, it will remind you 7 days prior, stops me forgetting about it.

I changed mine recently and I make the event date 2 weeks before the reporting date, as I now do it online.

• Like 2

I have a yellow sticky attached to the side of my monitor. Every year after I renew my Extension I take 2 minutes to note when my 90 day reports are due. I check the calendar to see if those dates fall on weekends/holidays/Fridays/Mondays and move them up accordingly. (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday tends to be a little slower on a normal week, unless the Monday/Friday was a holiday).

Having said that, I generally am one of the first people in line anyways so it probably wouldn't matter if I went on a Monday/Friday. I did mine yesterday (at Jomtien) in fact even though it was due on Monday. Once again though, I was the 3rd person (foreigner) to arrive in the morning but by the time they opened the doors at 08:00 there was a whack of people between me and the door (you know, those people that see an inch of space between you and the door so they casually pretend they are looking for a sign or something and try to wedge themselves between you and the door). I ended up being #4 for the 90 day desk. No big deal - I had 20+ pages of a book to finish.

First 2 people were done and gone in less than 5 minutes. #3 gets called, sits down and hands over his passport. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to be called when a (Thai) women walks up, says something to the Immigration guy who waves her to take a seat. She waves over a foreign guy (husband perhaps) who also sits at the desk.

Sigh. Whatever they were doing required extra paperwork and some cash.

Ok, they are done and standing. I'm getting ready to move and the IO calls #405 ! Skips right over me !!! I looked at him and at my ticket and said "404 ?" He looked up and apologized and waved me to the desk. I guess he thought the woman and her husband were #404.

2 minutes and I'm on my way. It seems they are getting thriftier these days as all he did was update the entry on the computer, cross out the old dates on the paper they put in your passport and added new dates/stamps/signatures.

All in all it went pretty well though. I got there 20 minutes before they open the doors and was out and on my way by 08:30. At this rate it's going to take me a couple of years to finally finish that book !

I did have a casual glance around the room while I was waiting and for the most part, we were all dressed fairly decently. Most of the older guys had collared, short-sleeve shirts. Some had (decent) shorts, some had long pants. One not-so-old guy wore a (decent) t-shirt and (decent) shorts and sandals. Never noticed any skanky soap-dodgers this time fortunately. I thought about taking a picture for reference then decided I just couldn't be bothered ! Maybe next time, 90 days(ish) from now !

• Like 2

Hi All,

What is the URL to do it online?

Thanks NS

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I've not had much luck in filling the form. The site is painfully slow in ways I've never experienced before. Each character I input takes many moments to register, then freezes the tab I'm in. It took nearly 1/2 hr to fill it all out, and then it said I got the captcha wrong, even though it clearly matched (must've been a timeout or something).

The next try I had at it, I copy/pasted my info from a notepad doc to avoid the agonizing wait after each character entry - unfortunately, it still happened. I eventually gave up and will be going to IMMI next week.

Anyone know which immigration office in Chiang Mai to go for 90 day reporting if on ED visa? I did my extension of stay at airport, but I think 90 day reports are at Promenada?

2000 bath is the start of the fine by reporting not on time

According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. ......................
It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with......................

I have a paper on the back of my door with my visa details and end date and what I need to do so everyday I go out I have to read the paper ........ I never forget because is on top of the door handle can not miss unless you are very drank in the morning .....coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks NS

I've not had much luck in filling the form. The site is painfully slow in ways I've never experienced before. Each character I input takes many moments to register, then freezes the tab I'm in. It took nearly 1/2 hr to fill it all out, and then it said I got the captcha wrong, even though it clearly matched (must've been a timeout or something).

The next try I had at it, I copy/pasted my info from a notepad doc to avoid the agonizing wait after each character entry - unfortunately, it still happened. I eventually gave up and will be going to IMMI next week.

Anyone know which immigration office in Chiang Mai to go for 90 day reporting if on ED visa? I did my extension of stay at airport, but I think 90 day reports are at Promenada?

The site runs fast in internet explorer. For some reason it's getting worse and worse in other browsers.

Edited by Lorn

Working well at the FireFox.

I did it just now.

Hi All,

Thanks NS

The site runs fast in internet explorer. For some reason it's getting worse and worse in other browsers.

Hi All,

Thanks NS

I've heard that as well. Chrome also stopped supporting a certain protocol awhile ago that makes things more difficult (NAPI or something like that ?). We couldn't log into secure servers using Chrome so would have to fire up IE (or FireFox) so we could use WebAccess and similar functions.

Not sure if that is why the Immigration site is so difficult though.

The way they normally count it you were 2 days late. They include the report date in the count..

Just do a good reminder of it some kind so you don't end up being late again.

Yes, day one is day one.

Edited by smotherb

Some advice please? My company has been doing the reporting for me for the last 5 years, so I never really bothered to check. This time, for some reason they didn't do it or forgot. I just realised when I read this post. I still within the +7 days, so I wonder if I can still report online, or would I have to go to immigration? Also, if my retirement visa was done in Chonburi, can I report in Bangkok? Thanks!

Some advice please? My company has been doing the reporting for me for the last 5 years, so I never really bothered to check. This time, for some reason they didn't do it or forgot. I just realised when I read this post. I still within the +7 days, so I wonder if I can still report online, or would I have to go to immigration? Also, if my retirement visa was done in Chonburi, can I report in Bangkok? Thanks!

You can only do the report in person now.

Their is a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date to do online reporting.

You can only do the report where you got the extension unless you formally change your address to where you want to report.

If you are on Farcebook, do what I do and create an event, but make it private, it will remind you 7 days prior, stops me forgetting about it.

I changed mine recently and I make the event date 2 weeks before the reporting date, as I now do it online.

Bloke down our way bought a diary - not sure if it will catch on though.......

• Like 1

I've heard that as well. Chrome also stopped supporting a certain protocol awhile ago that makes things more difficult (NAPI or something like that ?). We couldn't log into secure servers using Chrome so would have to fire up IE (or FireFox) so we could use WebAccess and similar functions.

No luck in Firefox, Chrome or the new Edge (IE for W10) browser. Tab always freezes. Also, gives security certificate error upon page load.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed

No luck in Firefox, Chrome or the new Edge (IE for W10) browser. Tab always freezes. Also, gives security certificate error upon page load.

Since they went to the https site you need an extension for Chrome or Firefox for it to work. IE tab works good on both. http://www.ietab.net/

For Edge you have to switch to normal IE. See: Online 90 day reports using Edge on Windows 10 info

ADVICE NEEDED:

My next 90-day report is on the 20th. My flight to the USA is on the 19th.

I know that the clock will reset when I return on the 28th.

However, the fact that I plan to skip the report on the 20th--will that create a problem when I return?

I can assure you that the Chrome browser when used in conjunction with IE Tab (a free download) does allow access to the 90 day on line reporting ( https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do)

The "security certificate error" is caused by a self certification and can be safely ignored.

I have now successfully completed 3 online 90 day reports.

ADVICE NEEDED:

However, the fact that I plan to skip the report on the 20th--will that create a problem when I return?

If you leave on or before your report date no report of staying longer than 90 days is due.

You just need to do a report 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.

ADVICE NEEDED:

If you leave on or before your report date no report of staying longer than 90 days is due.

You just need to do a report 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.

Khop kuhn krub!