The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Hi.

Quick METV Question:

If I leave Thailand after a few months stay. Then return back to Thailand (by air) on September 30, 2019.

My Valid Until Date is October 2nd 2019.

Will I still get stamped a new 60 days even though I have just 3 days until my visa expires.

Jerry.

4 minutes ago, jerry10 said:

If I leave Thailand after a few months stay. Then return back to Thailand (by air) on September 30, 2019.

Will I still get stamped a new 60 days even though I have just 3 days until my visa expires.Jerry.

Yes. The expiry date on your visa is the last date you can use the visa. Whenever you use it you get 60 days

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jerry10 said:

Will I still get stamped a new 60 days even though I have just 3 days until my visa expires.

Yes. Any entry on or before October 2nd will get you a new 60 day stay.

And it can be extended by 30 days too, if required.

• Like 1

T.M. 30 forms requested when doing extensions. If you stay in hotels thats not a problem. Guesthouses, hostels, airbnb and appartments will be a big problem.

Personally i feel like most appartments will not be helpful with the t.m 30 form.

I am also worried that on the second entry the immigration at the border will ask for the t.m30 slip of the last stay if it wasn't a hotel.

I have wondered about the tm30 for a while now, as I normally stay at my partner's house, have been for the last 4 years with 7 back to back metvs, and the other half has never reported, I have never been asked about this when doing extensions, however every few months we travel around and stay at hotels so I'm guessing they report so my record must have a few blank areas

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Whether a TM30 report is needed for a a 30 day extension depends upon the office where you apply for it.

When arranging for a apartment ask them about the reporting. Many may do it online now.

Immigration at airports and border crossing have no interest in the TM30 report slip. It is not within their responsibility to enforce it.

In the past days my gf called about 10 appartments  and condos in the average bangkok price range between 14k and 22k and everyone said that they dont want to do any sign up.

Most hostels dont do it aswell, guesthouses too. 

Except for staying in hotels or some expensive appartments.. I think many foreigners will have problems when doing the extension this year.(bangkok)

Maybe the immigration officers were tired of working from 8:30 to 19:00 without any breaks and decided they will cut applying foreigners in half. 

Which way is the best to complain about appartments that dont do it? I have no time to go to immigration anymore, but i want to complain about a big hostel and appartment chain that kicks out foreigners if they ask for t.m30 sign ups.

And yeah i know in 99.9999% it wont help anyways. 

Edited by Austrian26

2 hours ago, alistard said:

Sydney seems to still be offering Double Entry Tourist Visas for $90 while Canberra has stopped it & now offers METV for $225, if you look & compare their application forms between the 2 of them. تجهیزات کافی شاپ

Double entry tourist visas are no longer available anywhere. The MFA does not allow them.

2 hours ago, alistard said:

Sydney seems to still be offering Double Entry Tourist Visas for $90 while Canberra has stopped it & now offers METV for $225, if you look & compare their application forms between the 2 of them. تجهیزات کافی شاپ

They don't. The fee chart is out of date/wrong. And just because the option is still on the application form it doesn't mean they are available.

Sidney only offer SETV or METV.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Double entry tourist visas are no longer available anywhere. The MFA does not allow them.

You make it sound like the MFA have a choice. The Thai authorities did away with DETV's when the METV was launched.

• Like 1

When applying for a METV in Sydney it says on the form under "First Entry":

(First Entry) Date of Arrival in Thailand _____________Flight No. ________

Date of Departure from Thailand _________ Flight No. _______

Is this the same for other embassies/consulates around the world? Do you really need to have a plane ticket out of Thailand within 60 days of the 1st entry prior to applying for the METV and if you don't then they will reject your application? What about all the people who want to cross via land or people who will buy a ticket when they are in Thailand and have decided at that time where they will go?

The requirements on the site say:

Multiple Entries

Required document

• An original and a copy of Passport or travel document with a minimum validity of 6 months
  • Download and complete Visa Application Form
  • Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant
  • Proof of an Australian Electronic Visa (for non-Australian)
  • A bank statement in the past six months showing a deposit account minimum of THB 200,000 per person
  • Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand 
  • Proof of residential address in Australia
  • A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand
  • In case of a medical tourist visa (MT), a letter from the hospital in Thailand, medical history, and medical certificate are required

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do you really need to have a plane ticket out of Thailand within 60 days of the 1st entry prior to applying for the METV and if you don't then they will reject your application?

Yes you do need one. It is the same when apply for a single entry tourist visa.

You could buy a one way ticket to any nearby country on a low cost carrier to show.

If I remember correctly at the Sydney consulate I need to show a flight in and flight out (Even though I will likely be taking the train in), does anyone who has done it recently know if I have to show second flight in and out, or just record the flight numbers on the form (Again second entry will most likely by train)?

43 minutes ago, atecom said:

If I remember correctly at the Sydney consulate I need to show a flight in and flight out (Even though I will likely be taking the train in), does anyone who has done it recently know if I have to show second flight in and out, or just record the flight numbers on the form (Again second entry will most likely by train)?

In and out only for the 1st entry, correct? But not for the 2nd entry for a METV, right? Because on the form it says "for double entry visas" and an METV isn't a double entry visa, only a Transit Visa has "double entry" on the top right of the form.

I have gotten 7 metv from the Thai Sydney consulate, I never supplier an exit out after the first 60 days, I told the woman at the window that as it's a 6 month visa I don't know when I will be departing, it never has been an issue, however I can guess some other consulate's or embassies may inforce the requirement, the form itself does not ask ask in relation to the multiple entry, only single and double 

Edited by kmw

I have gotten 7 metv from the Thai Sydney consulate, I never supplier an exit out after the first 60 days, I told the woman at the window that as it's a 6 month visa I don't know when I will be departing, it never has been an issue, however I can guess some other consulate's or embassies may inforce the requirement, the form itself does not ask ask in relation to the multiple entry, only single and double 
When I apply in the UK I just give a copy of my 2 flights one a return, one from last week was a 3 month return, previous time 8 month return. It doesn't seem to matter

8 hours ago, kmw said:

How long ago was your last METV issued at Sydney?

The problem is their site isn't 100% clear because it says at this link: http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

• A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand

So that means that you could give them a return ticket with any date based on that info.

But then on the form it says that you need to provide for your (First Entry) both date of arrival & date of departure and flight numbers: http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/contents/filemanager/visa-application_Form.pdf

For my last METV when I phoned them they said that a plane ticket out of the country within 60 days was needed to be provided with those details put in on the form, so I had to waste money just to buy a ticket out to satisfy their stupid requirements. I'd rather not have to buy a ticket out for no reason but don't want to have an issue when travelling to their consulate and applying then they say I need to have a ticket out within 60 days then have to travel back home and make a booking then come back the next day.

Hi, my last metv was issued in no November last year,

I agree the website and the forms are confusing,

The woman at the window checks to ensure you have all the correct documents and to ensure you will be issued the metv, I have seen her turn a few people away as they were missing things,

When at the window I just tell her that I don't know my exact plans and that the exit prior to the 60 days is usually at Mai Sai up north being overland and no flight is needed,

Also I only book and provide a one way flight into Thailand, as the return is usually 9-12 months out later

Edited by kmw

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

How long ago was your last METV issued at Sydney?

The problem is their site isn't 100% clear because it says at this link: http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

So that means that you could give them a return ticket with any date based on that info.

But then on the form it says that you need to provide for your (First Entry) both date of arrival & date of departure and flight numbers: http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/contents/filemanager/visa-application_Form.pdf

For my last METV when I phoned them they said that a plane ticket out of the country within 60 days was needed to be provided with those details put in on the form, so I had to waste money just to buy a ticket out to satisfy their stupid requirements. I'd rather not have to buy a ticket out for no reason but don't want to have an issue when travelling to their consulate and applying then they say I need to have a ticket out within 60 days then have to travel back home and make a booking then come back the next day.

you can just use a 48-hour expiring ticket for $10 for that stupid flight out within 60 days requirement.

Thainess extends to all consulates and honorary ones with the lack of uniformity of requirements..

E.g....seems OZ do not require a job confirmation or tax return from the lack of either in the requirements.

Certain places in UK have a small degree of flexibility but not anymore once the online application comes in as its out of their hands.....ah the good old days of mailing in for a triple entry which was effectively 9 months and not so much as a '6 months only allowed in a year' from IOs.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, kmw said:

Hi, my last metv was issued in no November last year,

I agree the website and the forms are confusing,

The woman at the window checks to ensure you have all the correct documents and to ensure you will be issued the metv, I have seen her turn a few people away as they were missing things,

When at the window I just tell her that I don't know my exact plans and that the exit prior to the 60 days is usually at Mai Sai up north being overland and no flight is needed,

Also I only book and provide a one way flight into Thailand, as the return is usually 9-12 months out later

Do you think there would be any issues if you provided them with a return ticket 9 months out instead of a one-way and told the the same thing?

Umm sorry I don't know about that, probably would work as then at least your providing a departure flight out, I don't see why any issues with that, as mention before I only have ever provided a one way flight in,

The Sydney consulate seems to be quite relaxed in relation to the documents needed, as only in the last 2 years they stared requesting bank statements and arrival flights, accommodation etc,

On 4/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, freedomnow said:

you can just use a 48-hour expiring ticket for $10 for that stupid flight out within 60 days requirement.

Thainess extends to all consulates and honorary ones with the lack of uniformity of requirements..

E.g....seems OZ do not require a job confirmation or tax return from the lack of either in the requirements.

Certain places in UK have a small degree of flexibility but not anymore once the online application comes in as its out of their hands.....ah the good old days of mailing in for a triple entry which was effectively 9 months and not so much as a '6 months only allowed in a year' from IOs.

Where do you get those 48 hour expiring tickets from?

In the last two years the consulte in my country used to give me 1 year non o multiple visa. This year they refused but to give me 6 months MTV.
I know it sucks, and asked the visa staff what would I do because I showed him my condo title deed but still refused.
He said why don't I get a Thai wife but as we all know my atm can't offered that much not forgetting the hassle comes with it.
So, I think I have two options not more, I am serious if my stay in Thailand requires a local female why not, honestly I am not a give and take or a relationship good in negotiation. I would like to know some tips and skills to talk the lady I will choose.
Otherwise I am gonna overstay here like many who spent decades.

Sent from my BAC-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In the last two years the consulte in my country used to give me 1 year non o multiple visa. This year they refused but to give me 6 months MTV.
I know it sucks, and asked the visa staff what would I do because I showed him my condo title deed but still refused.
He said why don't I get a Thai wife but as we all know my atm can't offered that much not forgetting the hassle comes with it.
So, I think I have two options not more, I am serious if my stay in Thailand requires a local female why not, honestly I am not a give and take or a relationship good in negotiation. I would like to know some tips and skills to talk the lady I will choose.

Sent from my BAC-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So this isn't about the METV, it's about tips for picking up ladies?
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Different said:

In the past, this was a possible strategy. It will now result in blacklisting from Thailand (for long overstays) and increased chance of denied entry (even for shorter overstays). Seriously, do not do that.

19 hours ago, Different said:

The question I think is, why did they reject you for the METV ? Could not meet the requirements, or they said your history in Thailand was too long  or are you saying they gave you the METV instead of the Non-O..? I guess English is not your first language..

Edited by freedomnow

4 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

The question I think is, why did they reject you for the METV ? Could not meet the requirements, or they said your history in Thailand was too long ?

He got the METV but was refused a multiple entry non-o visa.

• Thanks 2