Taxi fare - Pattaya to BKK

bbi1

I don't think so. I estimate 1500 Baht. You also can take a bus or a van for about 130 Baht.

1,500 is the usual quoted price but I'm sure it can still be negotiated. Before I got it for 1,200 baht without much negotiating but that was 2 years ago. Don't really want to die on the road with the van drivers so will stick to a taxi with a seatbelt in the front :)

Yes that Bangkok to Pattaya road is a real death trap.whistling.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Possibility of van drivers high on drugs, driving like maniacs and being squashed with no room around you, not to mention the waste of time and inconvenience of having to go to the location to get a van then waiting around. No thanks, I'll take a taxi instead for an extra $40 smile.png Just curious what could be negotiated down to these days.

Edited by bbi1

How much are the taxi fares negotiable if taking a taxi from around Pattaya Beach to BKK (Asoke area) I believe taxi drivers are willing to do it for less than the other leg of the journey as they want to return home to BKK after bring a passanger to Pattaya? Is 800-900 baht about right?

Also what's the deal with many Pattaya taxis that won't leave Pattaya to go to BKK. Is there some restrictions on taxis with Chonburi taxi plates?

Edited by bbi1

I usually pay 1200.

And I usually pay 134 baht for the bus from Jomtien to the airport. Then I switch to the airport train, 45 baht that will take me to the nearest BTS. Edited by balo

Google Mr T Taxi. Earlier this year cost me 1,100 baht inclusive of tolls to Siam Square area. Good service.

We used Mr. T for the first time recently to go to the airport.......nice vehicles good drivers (tell them not to speed)

And very reasonable........much cheaper than driving and leaving the car at the airport

Highly reconmend them

Also what's the deal with many Pattaya taxis that won't leave Pattaya to go to BKK. Is there some restrictions on taxis with Chonburi taxi plates?

Why should they spend 3-4 hours going to Bangkok to earn perhaps 700B after expenses (tolls, fuel, wear and tear) when they can earn that doing a couple of short jobs around town at hardly any cost?

I take a local taxi (not in a tourist area) because there are usually 3-4 of us. By the time we've paid for a taxi to Mo Chit (100-150) 3 bus tickets 350-400, and for the songtail 100+ we are not saving much at all but find it much more comfortable and convenient.

I believe you can go to the corner of Sukhumvit and Bangna trad road near Udom Suk BTS, and there it 300-400 a seat in a taxi with others, that is another option.

I seem to remember Mr. T was around 1200 Baht each way inc. Tolls

Can't complain at that

People carrier up (not a van) (nice sensible guy). and Camery back (careful lady driver)

And no breathing hoards of peoples BO and germs as on public transport ?

Edited by DD13

Closer to 1,500 baht these days I believe. I have done the transfer both ways many times and I found the best option all things considered (cost/time/convenience/reliability) is Bell Travel Service: https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

SL

I've heard of folks taking Bell service or the gov't bus Jomtien to Suvarnbhumi airport, then the airport express train which has 4 or 5 stations in the greater city area.

One guy I know get's off at the RAM Airport train station and then 5 minute taxi to his Bkk apartment. He's mentioned that overall it costs him around 350 - 400Baht.

The slowest part of this trip is the trip Pattaya to Suv. airport if you take the gov't bus but at least no speeding and weaving in and out like the vans.

The cheapest way to do it is take the cheapest way to the airport from awoke and then take the bus to patty ,..the bust cost 127 baht

Actually the cheapest way from Asoke would be to take the BTS to Ekkamai Station and then the bus from the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai) to Pattaya. Less stops on the BTS and no Airport Link connecting train.

SL

I don't think so. I estimate 1500 Baht. You also can take a bus or a van for about 130 Baht.

1,500 is the usual quoted price but I'm sure it can still be negotiated. Before I got it for 1,200 baht without much negotiating but that was 2 years ago. Don't really want to die on the road with the van drivers so will stick to a taxi with a seatbelt in the front smile.png

Negotiating prices down, generally results in continuous whining from the driver, the discount is not worth it.

Just got back from my trip to Pattaya. Had a good taxi driver to & from there.

Saw a taxi on 2nd Rd from BKK with their lights on, but one of the taxi mafia guys sitting on the corner of Soi 8 & 2nd Rd was closer and was flagging him down. I tried to walk there quickly before the taxi would stop and talk to him but wasn't fast enough. Made it there about 2 seconds after he did then told the taxi driver "bpai grungthep tii Asoke, tao rai? Bpaet rooi baht, ok mai?" Taxi said ok then I sat down. Mafia guy was talking to the driver but my Thai isn't good enough but it seems he had an Indian/Arab customer for the driver as I heard "kaek". Mafia guy then asking me "where you go" "1,200 baht ok" which I told him no, 800 baht agreed with driver. Driver had to park taxi then went to pay 200 baht to the mafia on the corner of Soi 8 which he told me. Asked the driver if all those taxi booking places that charge between 1,200 & 1,500 baht to book a taxi just pay the driver 800 baht & keep the rest & he said "yes".

Anyway, trip took about 2hrs via a different way exiting left at the sign Chonburi instead of Bangkok on the highway to buy LPG gas for taxi, then pass Mega Bangna, then Rama 4. Only one 50 baht toll (taxi paid it) instead of 3 tolls for 125 baht going the 1st journey to Pattaya. It seems to take the same time going on the highway all the time or going this route, maybe because it's Sunday?? I ended up giving the 900 baht as goodwill so the 200 baht extortion by the mafia was split between both of us.

Taxi from BKK was a new Toyota Prius from AllThaiTaxi which the driver wanted to use the meter. I wanted to negotiate a flat 1,200 baht but went with the meter. It actually costs more with a meter than the usual 1,500 taxis have on their chart on the back of the front seat. Fare ended up 1,450 baht plus had t pay 3 tolls being an extra 125 baht. Only problem this driver drove too slow, usually between 80-90 kms/hr.

Edited by bbi1

The Jomtien bus is often half empty so you have more room .The Government bus from North Pattaya is slower and always full .Only worth taking a taxi for two or more people .Its always cheaper Patts to Bkk than the other way around .