'We will eradicate terrorism' Hollande vows in defiant response to Paris slaughter

webfact

'We will eradicate terrorism' Hollande vows in defiant response to Paris slaughter

606x341_317197.jpg

"We are at war with jihadist terrorism which is a threat to the entire world"

PARIS: -- French President Francois Hollande has called for a single coalition including the United States and Russia to
vanquish ISIL militants in Syria, in the wake of last Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris.

In a rare joint address to the upper and lower houses of parliament, he announced more security measures and said he would table a bill to extend the state of emergency in France by three months.

“We are not in a clash of civilisations because these murderers don’t represent one,” Hollande declared in a solemn speech at the Palace of Versailles.

“But we are at war with jihadist terrorism which is a threat to the entire world.”

Urging greater unity in the fight against so-called Islamic State, which claimed responsibility for the bomb and gun attacks that left 129 people dead, Hollande said:

“We need a coming together of all those who can really fight against this terrorist army within a single, large coalition. With this in mind, I will meet Presidents Obama and Putin in the coming days to unite our strength and achieve a result that, for now, is still too far in the distance.”

Hollande pledged France would intensify its operations in Syria, where, he said Friday’s attacks were planned.

He said he had ordered air strikes on ISIL headquarters in the Syrian town of Raqqa overnight and would continue to wage war “mercilessly”, sending an aircraft carrier to triple French air power in the region.

While seeking to help Syrian refugees, he also called for effective controls of the EU’s external borders to avoid a return to national border controls and the dismantling of the European Union.

Hollande also proposed measures to speed up the expulsion of foreigners considered a threat to public order, strip binational citizens who carry out acts hostile to national security of French citizenship, and bar binationals considered a terrorism risk from entering French territory.

And he insisted that the upcoming international climate conference in Paris will be maintained.

“We will eradicate terrorism,” Hollande declared at the end of the 50-minute speech.

Members of parliament from all parties gave him a standing ovation and sang the “Marseillaise” national anthem.

It was the first time in more than six years that a president has addressed both houses of parliament convened in a so-called Congress at Versailles, a procedure reserved for constitutional revisions and major presidential speeches.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-17

Hallow rhetoric and empty word, he said the same right after the Charlie hebdo attack massacre,

and did he do? sweet FA... this is his job to stand there and make noise, they're all the same,

big talk, no action, at least not a long lasting action to eradicate to problem from it's roots,

Like Obama saying: we need to 'contain' ISIS, why contain and not destroy?

I have as much confidence in Hollande,to deal with this situation of the terrorism / migrant invasion,as I have Merkel, two clueless losers,who will both be responsible for the destruction of The EU !

Roll on with the UK Referendum on withdrawing from Europe with UKIP it's our only hope!

Edited by MAJIC

Vow, defiant, eradicate, destroy blah, blah, blah...

Now for the truth.

There were warnings intel of immanent attack from The US, Iraq and Saudis,

they have arrested one of the 8 terrorists and than let him go,

at least one terrorist is know as a ' refugee"

2 of the terrorist who took part in the massacre were on the watch black

list and were not flagged down...

If this this is how France is going to fight IS than good luck to them....

Hallow rhetoric and empty word, he said the same right after the Charlie hebdo attack massacre,

and did he do? sweet FA... this is his job to stand there and make noise, they're all the same,

big talk, no action, at least not a long lasting action to eradicate to problem from it's roots,

No he did not, here's what he actually said to the French nation in response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

http://ambafrance-us.org/spip.php?article6408

BTW France increased it's air war operations against ISIS in response to the Charlie Hebdo & supermarket attacks.

Edited by simple1

Terrorism isn't smallpox, you can't eradicate it with a needle or bombs and bullets. The genie is out of the bottle and will never be put back. The days of Carlos the Jackal and Baader Meinhof were small potatoes compared to todays radicalised monsters and the lengths they are prepared to go to.

When most of us on TVF were kids, the world was a safer and simpler place, those days will never be recaptured......

simple1, on 17 Nov 2015 - 08:30, said:
ezzra, on 17 Nov 2015 - 06:23, said:

No he did not, here's what he actually said to the French nation in response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

BTW France increased it's air war operations against ISIS in response to the Charlie Hebdo & supermarket attacks.

On the next day of the massacre France bombed several ISIS targets, if those target were known before hand

why than weren't they bombed already, this was a knee jerk reaction to appease the masses..

and since that nothing, few sorties done, probably depleted the fuel and bombs allocations for the month...

On the next day of the massacre France bombed several ISIS targets, if those target were known before hand

why than weren't they bombed already, this was a knee jerk reaction to appease the masses..

and since that nothing, few sorties done, probably depleted the fuel and bombs allocations for the month...

France in common with some other countries, based upon internationally accepted legal constraints, had previous limited it's bombing campaign to Iraq; those constraints have now been lifted by France.

Some hours back France completed it's second wave of bombings on Raqqa.

France in common with some other countries, based upon internationally accepted legal constraints, had previous limited it's bombing campaign to Iraq; those constraints have now been lifted by France.

Some hours back France completed it's second wave of bombings on Raqqa.

Now reported third French bombing attack on Daesh in Syria

Terrorism isn't smallpox, you can't eradicate it with a needle or bombs and bullets. The genie is out of the bottle and will never be put back. The days of Carlos the Jackal and Baader Meinhof were small potatoes compared to todays radicalised monsters and the lengths they are prepared to go to.

When most of us on TVF were kids, the world was a safer and simpler place, those days will never be recaptured......

But would you really want to turn back the clock to the cold war, 3 channels on T.V, cancer being synonymous with death, a shorter life expectancy anyway, outdoor crappers, vehicles belching leaded carbon monoxide... I could go on. The world possibly is more dangerous, but it is also brighter, more colourful and filled with more variety. It isn't all bad...

But would you really want to turn back the clock to the cold war, 3 channels on T.V, cancer being synonymous with death, a shorter life expectancy anyway, outdoor crappers, vehicles belching leaded carbon monoxide... I could go on. The world possibly is more dangerous, but it is also brighter, more colourful and filled with more variety. It isn't all bad...

The cold war seems rather colder at the moment, even if it doesn't go by the same name. The Ukranians would likely agree with that. 3 channels on TV was fine for me. Cancer? - if it's your time it's your time. Before you bite, I was 20 years a soldier in my youth, so I've always seen death as inevitable sooner or later. Outdoor toliets? Even early 60's ours were indoors? Carbon monoxide? I've lived in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Wuxi, Hanoi, Manila, Phnom Penh - par for the course. Millions more cars now, so one likely cancels out the other. Possibly more dangerous? Certainly I would offer.

No it isn't all bad, but as always, one man's meat.....

A physical war against jihadism is the wrong approach. It would be a war not just against a sizeable proportion of Muslims, but against core parts of Islamic doctine and it could galvanise the entire Muslim world against the west if they are not careful.

The only way to solve this is by encouraging change from within Islam. Before starting a physical war, the west really needs to get all the moderate Muslims on their side and give them a stronger voice. By degrees, the jihadist doctrinal aspects of Islam that are causing the problems should be changed, just as Catholic doctrine has been adjusted by various popes down the centuries. It is not yet clear whether even moderate Muslims will accept any revision at all to Islamic doctrine - but they at least explore these avenues first.

The cold war seems rather colder at the moment, even if it doesn't go by the same name. The Ukranians would likely agree with that. 3 channels on TV was fine for me. Cancer? - if it's your time it's your time. Before you bite, I was 20 years a soldier in my youth, so I've always seen death as inevitable sooner or later. Outdoor toliets? Even early 60's ours were indoors? Carbon monoxide? I've lived in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Wuxi, Hanoi, Manila, Phnom Penh - par for the course. Millions more cars now, so one likely cancels out the other. Possibly more dangerous? Certainly I would offer.

Indeed. On the whole however, I still prefer 2015 to 1975, say.

I remember years ago there was a party held for the senior citizens to commemorate 50 years after the ending of WW2 and asking my grandmother if she would be attending. Her answer? 'No I will @#$% not. Let me tell you about that war: We were tired, hungry, dirt poor, cold and scared all the time. All that about you being able to leave your front door open was true only because none of us had anything worth stealing. Why would I want to remember any of that? If I could erase it from my mind permanently I would.'

Horses for courses obviously, but I am just suggesting that nostalgia might not be all it is cracked up to be...

Edited by baboon

Indeed. On the whole however, I still prefer 2015 to 1975, say.

I remember years ago there was a party held for the senior citizens to commemorate 50 years after the ending of WW2 and asking my grandmother if she would be attending. Her answer? 'No I will @#$% not. Let me tell you about that war: We were tired, hungry, dirt poor, cold and scared all the time. All that about you being able to leave your front door open was true only because none of us had anything worth stealing. Why would I want to remember any of that? If I cold erase it from my mind I would.'

Horses for courses obviously, but I am just suggesting that nostalgia might not be all it is cracked up to be...

Fair do's, each to their own. Personally I would like to have been born a few decades earlier and missed all this political correctness and technology that drowns us now. Getting rather off subject, one example, mobile phones have stolen my/our freedom. I need it for work and am at the beck and call of every Tom, Dick and Harry as a consequence.

The genie is out of the bottle and will never be put back.

How true. France has 5 million Muslim citizens, a huge reservoir of potential radicalisation and terrorism (even though most of them are peaceful, of course.)

There is no practical way to roll back that situation. And since the treasured PC/Leftist notion of "multiculturalism" has proved itself to be such an utter failure, of course, France (and most of western Europe) is stuck with the consequences, no matter what Hollande and his cronies say. Or what western countries do in Syria, for that matter.

Not trying to be argumentative, but why are we calling the islamic terrorists Daesh now? first they were isis, then Isil then refered to as the Ilsmaic state, now this one

'Daesh' is used as an insulting term within the Muslim community & now being utilised in the Western world.

Thanks to Arabic wordplay, it could also be an insult. “Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, it can mean anything from ‘to trample down and crush’ to ‘a bigot who imposes his view on others,'" Boston Globe writer Zeba Khan reported in October 2014. ISIS threatened “to cut the tongue of anyone who publicly used the acronym Daesh, instead of referring to the group by its full name,”

http://www.ibtimes.com/isil-isis-islamic-state-daesh-whats-difference-2187131

Vow, defiant, eradicate, destroy blah, blah, blah...

Now for the truth.

There were warnings intel of immanent attack from The US, Iraq and Saudis,

at least one terrorist is know as a ' refugee"

2 of the terrorist who took part in the massacre were on the watch black

list and were not flagged down...

If this this is how France is going to fight IS than good luck to them....

According to German media the suspect was stopped three times in fact.

Not trying to be argumentative, but why are we calling the islamic terrorists Daesh now? first they were isis, then Isil then refered to as the Ilsmaic state, now this one

'Daesh' is used as an insulting term within the Muslim community & now being utilised in the Western world.

Thanks to Arabic wordplay, it could also be an insult. “Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, it can mean anything from ‘to trample down and crush’ to ‘a bigot who imposes his view on others,'" Boston Globe writer Zeba Khan reported in October 2014. ISIS threatened “to cut the tongue of anyone who publicly used the acronym Daesh, instead of referring to the group by its full name,”

http://www.ibtimes.com/isil-isis-islamic-state-daesh-whats-difference-2187131

It beats the medias "sp called Islamic State".

Hollande doesn't have a chance of eradicating terrorism without first closing the borders. I doubt the EU will allow that. It took Algeria several years and an estimated 100,000 deaths to rid itself of its Islamists, but I doubt the French will even get to try as the Algerian method was anything but liberal.

Members of parliament from all parties gave him a standing ovation and sang the “Marseillaise” national anthem.

So do it, and not bla bla.

“But we are at war with jihadist terrorism which is a threat to the entire world.”
Exactly!

Call martial law and expel all radical islamists from european soil.
No silly lawsuits anymore.

All preachers of hate, warmongers and terrorist supporters are immediately to deport where they come from. That is human.
The collateral damage would be almost zero.
It is the time now to send violent, conspicuous, radical islamist back to there home lands.

They are not able to live together peacefully with other people.