Unemployed Welder commits suicide at his East Pattaya home

webfact

Unemployed Welder commits suicide at his East Pattaya home

hang-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday a 26 year old man discovered his Father hanging from a noose in the toilet of their family home in East Pattaya.

Police and rescue services were called to the house in the Huay Yai area and met with Khun Tawatchai aged 26, the son of the victim, who told Police that his Father had previously worked as a Welder but recently lost his job and was unable to find new work in his chosen profession.

For the last days of his life he would constantly tell his Son of his concern that he was now unable to provide for his family which worried Khun Tawatchai who decided to spend every moment with his Father who appeared to be falling into a deep depression.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219159/unemployed-welder-commits-suicide-at-his-east-pattaya-home/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-20

I feel such sorrow for a man who feels the need to end his life for such a reason, but he's created even bigger problems for his family. Just awful.

yes, poor guy ..... it's a shame he couldn't turn to a relative or someone while he rides the rough patch out.

RIP .... your welding won't be forgotten

I feel such sorrow for a man who feels the need to end his life for such a reason, but he's created even bigger problems for his family. Just awful.

yes, poor guy ..... it's a shame he couldn't turn to a relative or someone while he rides the rough patch out.

?????

Did you know him?

Poor bloke, been unemployed at times myself & l know how demeaning it can be.

Did you know him?

Poor bloke, been unemployed at times myself & l know how demeaning it can be.

no, didn't know him .. i'm sure psychologically the thought he couldn't provide for his family weighed on his mind and was to much. very sad

Tragic

Here am I

Crying out for full or part time help in the garden.....ok its not his chosen profession, but it could have kept the wolf from the door, albeit until he got welding work....and.given him some hope.... ..and kept him alive

I wish Thais would seek help when they are having bad times

RIP Fella

Edited by DD13

Thailand has:

Good: 1% unemployment rate. Nobody starves.

Bad: Government doesn't want most Thais to get rich. Stay poor forever, in most cases.

All to say, there's no money beyond survival money for many. Having said that, there are more vehicles than ever on the roads.

Tragic

Here am I

Crying out for full or part time help in the garden.....ok its not his chosen profession, but it could have kept the wolf from the door, albeit until he got welding work....and.given him some hope.... ..and kept him alive

RIP Fella

So why is it they don't seek out help? Fear of loss of face or something else? If a society has never had an system of support then I fear those most in need will continue to take such tragic actions as this poor man.

Surely there must be some organisation out there offering counselling and advise to those who need it?

RIP to this person and I hope the family can deal with such an unnecessary loss.

You're probably right.

Most of the welders I have seen in Thailand I will never forget.

Tragic

Here am I

RIP Fella

So why is it they don't seek out help? Fear of loss of face or something else? If a society has never had an system of support then I fear those most in need will continue to take such tragic actions as this poor man.

Surely there must be some organisation out there offering counselling and advise to those who need it?

RIP to this person and I hope the family can deal with such an unnecessary loss.

This is the mystery many of us don't understand

This "loss of face" thing ......has a lot to answer for

With the advent of the silliest and most ridiculous quality of all, saving face, it seems like asking for help is near impossible. Until society matures to the point where people have enough self esteem to not be obsessed with with strangers think of them, they will be held back as a culture. Saving face may make a little bit of sense in village life. It is nothing but an impediment for city life. Nothing but a liability. Nothing but weakness and cowardice. Man up. Take responsibility for your life and your actions.