Outlook Express

Neeranam

Dear Forum,

I like Outlook with its facilities, similar storage to Outlook Express but more can be done including use of word for writing emails.

Contacts calendar notes etc all useful.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z

Outlook and Thunderbird are both excellent programs, but do remember that Outlook is much more virus vulnerable than Thunderbird due to its ability to use VB script and its tight integration into Office.

But that only addresses the email component of Outlook Express. If you want to also get the newsgroup capability I would recommend XNews. Also PowerPost if you intend to upload to newsgroups. And, boy, do I recommend using newsgroups! I don't know if Thai ISPs include newsgroups or not. If they do it's not usually worth using it as retention and completeness suck even using a US ISP. We use a paid newsgroup service. There are several; Giganews, Easynews, Newscene. This is how we watch current US TV shows here in Thailand. We currently are watching about 30 new series, or at least my husband is. I'm only watching about 4 of them.

There are newsgroups for any and every area of interest, not just tv shows.

But that only addresses the email component of Outlook Express. If you want to also get the newsgroup capability I would recommend XNews.

Thunderbird also supports newsgroups, I have free.teranews.com in my TBird list. However a dedicated usenet reader is better if you are wanting binaries and xnews is good.

There are newsgroups for any and every area of interest, not just tv shows.

Over 100,000 the last time I looked. :o

Over 100,000 the last time I looked. :o

Yes, but it depends on what the administrator of the news server decides to carry. Most ISPs don't carry them all, some ISPs don't carry any at all, and most will not carry the binary groups.

Is there any alternatives that are better?

I use Thunderbird, part of the Firefox Mozilla suite, and find it a very good replacement.

Me too, I find it good but, sometimes sucks up far to much juice, requeiring a reboot.

On the whole though far better....

redrus

This is how we watch current US TV shows here in Thailand. We currently are watching about 30 new series, or at least my husband is. I'm only watching about 4 of them.

Of course that would be illegal and hence not allowed discussion on thaivisa.