2 Day Overstay on Initial 30 Day Entry Visa...extend or pay fine?

I knew I was going to be leaving beyond my 30 Day entry visa, I just didn't know exactly for how long until now. I do have time to get the extension if needed. Unless I am wrong, there is a 500 THB fine per day of overstay, with possibly 1 day grace. To get an extension, 30 day, 1900 THB is needed. I will be returning in April for 2 weeks and then gone again. There are no overstays previous. What are the long term consiquences if I choose the cheaper route and leave Dec 2 and not on Nov 30? Next year I will be registering my marriage and submitting for the O visa.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Experience at airport leaving with a 2 day overstay.
I arrived at 17:45 on 2 Dec at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Checked into my flight and proceeded to passport control. Got to the clerk who looked at my visa card, thumbed through my passport, twice, and checked his computer. Process was only about 3 minutes. He looked up at me and said '2 day overstay?' I simply said 'yes'. He turned his light on behing his booth to signal someone to come over. Next I walked with this lady to the counter/chair area immediately at the top of the ramp you walk down to get into the actual terminal. No one was there, even through they have quite a few chairs. We walked up to the counter, A gentilman came over, she handed him my passport and departure card. He tapped on his computer a few times, said '1000 baht fine', I paid, signed my name a few times, given a receipt, and off I went. Smooth as silk, only added 10 minutes max to my normal clearing passport times.