Meeting Thai Women

Colabamumbai

I know that a lot of foreigners are happily married to Thai women. I have a hard time meeting honest Thai women. I find meeting or dating sites a waste of time. I have lived here for 5 years now, and have had a number of relationships, nothing lasting more than 2 years. I do not visit the well known places to meet bar girls in Thailand and am not willing to travel the country to meet a lady.

When a woman has lived with me in my apartment things go well, when I move into their homes, things fall apart. I have worked all my life, do not drink and did not come to Thailand for the women. I was married to a Thai lady 5 years ago.

I do expect the woman to either understand my Thai and me hers or speak a some English, without communication, there is nothing. Do I expect to much? I have a hard time with dishonesty and lies.

Some positive suggestions for those more successful.

No there are not. Met a friend from work and he said i live in thailand and im the boss. I build big house. Have new car bla bla. When i visited him in Pattaya i saw who the boss were. This guy have been workin 3 months in row. Coming back to his house and i hear wife tells him to do this and this. Can you play with the baby . can you do this. Really!!!# No ty.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see it work between a thai girl and western man. only ones I know stay together is because he is paying her a good salary, she is living a better lifestyle in a nice house or they are together because they have kids.

if you move into their house try paying some 'rent' don't spend all day hanging around getting on her nerves and it might last a bit longer.

actually I don't understand why a foreigner would want to stay with a thai woman. we have nothing in common with them. especially in Thailand. they make great mums but that's about it.

You don't understand? I'll try to explain - get a Thai woman aroused, and it will be the best sex you've ever had. biggrin.png

You seem to be able to find them ok

Maybe you need to look at yourself & why they leave you?

Do you have an attitude problem?

Are you hard to live with?

Are you a lazy person?

Are you too bossy?

Are you too demanding?

& finally are you a cheap Charlie?

Maybe it's you not them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you always thinking they are cheating you?

I'm marrying A woman that I met on the net,Wayn.She finishes her PHD around June.We will be living at her place around 6

Months out of the year and the rest in the US.Um you might want to bend A little.Maybe lighten up.I find that everyone lies.Maybe

Some are small white lies.No big deal.You can hunt far and wide your not going to find perfect.You probably have some things

That many women don't like either.I try to comprise.Roll with the punches.

Patience is the key. I met mine after 3 years and 3 disasters but I learned from each one. We met on the Thai Love Links site she is 26 now and I am 77 been together 4 years now get along great. After I pass somebody is going to get a wonderful woman. I truly hope they appreciate her. They are out there. After 3 disasters I laid what I was offering on the table. We negotiated and came to an amicable agreement. Your biggest disadvantage is coming here with lust in your eyes and a loose wallet. It takes time to work your way through that. There is a lot of coal out there but sift through it for the diamonds. There are all kinds. The funniest one I heard lately was a young lady with 2 kids looking for a guy no sex involved but wanted to be maintained. She spoke no English but had high expectations.

I wouldn't want a woman

desperate enough to

sell herself to a 73 year

old man when she was

I doubt she is desperate....but she is likely very clever and patient. Likely she will have a nestegg by 30, still be young and attractive while her peers are fighting over farang dregs on ThaiFriendly.

I am suspicious of a Thai Woman who perhaps works as a Store Clerk, but yet owns a 3 M Baht House. If she is older and educated and has a good job then that is different. But a younger Store Clerk having a house like that you shouldn't need to ask where it came from. If her father was rich she wouldn't be a Store Clerk. If it is a typical Singe Female Thai Apartment, I wouldn't stay there for no love or money.

You must be doing something wrong mate, although I am not trying to blame you. It is just that I have discovered that most Thai Women are honest and including the Bar Girl but you have to be open enough to hear the truth, and not be judgmental. On Internet Sites people can hide behind a mask, so it is more difficult to be honest, including yourself. But as someone said, you need to figure out who they are and willing to dig through the coal to find your diamond.

If you are waiting for Miss Right to come banging on your door then this is never going to happen. You have to go out looking for her. Lower your bar a little bit and get out more often. Dress nice and be pleasant and joke around with them a lot. When I was Single and out and about, and I am not Prince Charming, I practically had to beat them off with a stick.

Looking for love in all the wrong places I guess. I wish I had a dollar for each time my wife's friends ask me to introduce them to a nice foreign guy. They are all sick of being treated like crap and cheated on by Thai men. These are all attractive women with their own career. They don't go to clubs or bars. They socialize mainly through parties. They only way you have a chance to meet one of these women is through work or to be introduced by a friend. The problem of course is I don't know any nice single foreign men ... if they would just give up on the "nice".

I wouldn't know b/c I'm not a Thai girl, but I bet being treated like crap and cheated on by foreign men feels the exact same or similar.

When I was Single and out and about, and I am not Prince Charming, I practically had to beat them off with a stick.

Different eras perhaps. We're living in an age where even our fellow farangs will make viral videos about why Thai girls shouldn't date foreigners. Edited by eldragon

Looking for love in all the wrong places I guess. I wish I had a dollar for each time my wife's friends ask me to introduce them to a nice foreign guy. They are all sick of being treated like crap and cheated on by Thai men. These are all attractive women with their own career. They don't go to clubs or bars. They socialize mainly through parties. They only way you have a chance to meet one of these women is through work or to be introduced by a friend. The problem of course is I don't know any nice single foreign men ... if they would just give up on the "nice".

I wouldn't know b/c I'm not a Thai girl, but I bet being treated like crap and cheated on by foreign men feels the exact same or similar.

If they get treated like crap by a Thai or foreign man, they are well within their rights to just walk away.

However, with the latter, some will realise the financial benefits and may well choose to put up with it.

When I was Single and out and about, and I am not Prince Charming, I practically had to beat them off with a stick.

Different eras perhaps. We're living in an age where even our fellow farangs will make viral videos about why Thai girls shouldn't date foreigners.

In 1991 I met a man from Yorkshire, had a Thai wife, and had bought a house in an Isaan village.

He went back to work and returned 6 months later. When he got to his house, his key would not fit, and hearing the noise from inside, the door was opened by a Thai man. It turned out that the Thai man had bought the house from the man's wife in his absence !

Now in those days the internet was very rare, and nowhere near as advanced as it is now. However, word of mouth in those days was everything, and word soon got round that the 'farang had been scammed' with no recourse. It was then that I learnt how devious some, and I stress some, not all, Thai women can be.

So it is not unreasonable, if somebody has been burnt, to share his bad experiences with others, either by going viral, or whichever way he chooses ?

As said I do not do bars or bar girls, or short time women. I am outgoing, and attractive but shy to come on to a woman the street, not knowing if that is her husband behind here? Married or single and how many Samee Nois.?

After the first hello, I can have a conversation with anyone, even dogs in the street. I did not come to Thailand solely for the purposes of having sex with Thai women, unlike so many other men.

What I do not like is after meeting a woman for 5 minutes she says "If you want me to live with you, you pay me 10,000 - 15,000 Baht a month, and u must pay me in advance.. " before she asks my name or where I live

Yeah that's because you're scratching around with financially challenged Isaan women.

Almost all women under 45 are going to expect a stipend from a guy your age.

As far as they're concerned, what you think you bring to the table is pretty much worthless.

Why should a younger woman hook up with an old man unless it's for money?

At least they're being straight up from the get go

Who is looking for a woman under 45? I bring to the table more than they have ever had in their lives.

So you are superior. I think many relationships fail because of a superiority complex. If you don't let your partner have power in the relationship and you don't respect what they bring to the relationship I would surmise it is doomed.

Different eras perhaps. We're living in an age where even our fellow farangs will make viral videos about why Thai girls shouldn't date foreigners.
In 1991 I met a man from Yorkshire, had a Thai wife, and had bought a house in an Isaan village.

He went back to work and returned 6 months later. When he got to his house, his key would not fit, and hearing the noise from inside, the door was opened by a Thai man. It turned out that the Thai man had bought the house from the man's wife in his absence !

Now in those days the internet was very rare, and nowhere near as advanced as it is now. However, word of mouth in those days was everything, and word soon got round that the 'farang had been scammed' with no recourse. It was then that I learnt how devious some, and I stress some, not all, Thai women can be.

So it is not unreasonable, if somebody has been burnt, to share his bad experiences with others, either by going viral, or whichever way he chooses ?

Not sure if you read my post correctly. It was a reference to a foreigner who recently made a short video in Thai about why foreigners are not all they're cracked up to be and Thai women should not be thinking about us for relationships. Then it went somewhat viral. And the general reaction amongst Thais was "See, this is what we've been quietly saying to ourselves for years."

Anyway, sorry to hear about that other guy. But stories like that are pretty much the reason why I'm very hesitant to trust girls from northeast Thailand. Too many of em grew up seeing and hearing stories about stuff like that, and generally know foreigners to be naive ATMs.

Edited by eldragon

naive ATM ? That is too kind of a word.

Not sure if you read my post correctly. It was a reference to a foreigner who recently made a short video in Thai about why foreigners are not all they're cracked up to be and Thai women should not be thinking about us for relationships. Then it went somewhat viral. And the general reaction amongst Thais was "See, this is what we've been quietly saying to ourselves for years."

Anyway, sorry to hear about that other guy. But stories like that are pretty much the reason why I'm very hesitant to trust girls from northeast Thailand. Too many of em grew up seeing and hearing stories about stuff like that, and generally know foreigners to be naive ATMs.

if you have trouble with dishonesty then you will have trouble ith most women these days. they all lie to some extent.

These days? My mom didn't show up for dinner at least once a week when I was growing up. Never bothered to tell me or my father where she was. But yeah, women aren't really great at doing the straightforward thing. That's why we have the expression "man-to-man" and not "woman-to-man".

10,000 to 20,000 is the norm for most foreigners in Thailand to PAY for a girlfriend or wife. You see these foreigners EVERYWHERE !!!! That is not a relationship that is hiring a bar girl. Real love ? What a joke !

As said I do not do bars or bar girls, or short time women. I am outgoing, and attractive but shy to come on to a woman the street, not knowing if that is her husband behind here? Married or single and how many Samee Nois.?

After the first hello, I can have a conversation with anyone, even dogs in the street. I did not come to Thailand solely for the purposes of having sex with Thai women, unlike so many other men.

What I do not like is after meeting a woman for 5 minutes she says "If you want me to live with you, you pay me 10,000 - 15,000 Baht a month, and u must pay me in advance.. " before she asks my name or where I live

Edited by Petchabun Man

Does she look at her watch often ? counting down the hours. four years is still a short time for a 26 year old. So i guess the question everyone is asking. how much does she get every month or week ? how often anywhere in the world do you see these so called relationships last?

26 and 77, I put my offer on the table !
You can't beat true love !

Everything has a price in life in this case it was more than reasonable. Eat your heart out Charlie Brown.

If I was Elgordo38, I'd be sleeping with one eye open, not going anywhere near a balcony more than 50 cm above ground, exchanging part of each meal, after serving, with the 26 yo spouse, and any other precaution you can think of, in the interests of longevity.....your longevity!
I am still here after 4 years together guess your statement does not hold water and definitely shows your naivety.

10,000 to 20,000 is the norm for most foreigners in Thailand to PAY for a girlfriend or wife. You see these foreigners EVERYWHERE !!!! That is not a relationship that is hiring a bar girl. Real love ? What a joke ![quote

In England it's called housekeeping money. No different.

Where does this happen? And how old are these girls? You're an older guy, right? Like I said earlier, there's so many guys doing this that the girls tend to assume we all are.

Where does this happen? And how old are these girls? You're an older guy, right? Like I said earlier, there's so many guys doing this that the girls tend to assume we all are.

This is Kalasin these are girls 45 to 50 years old, who cannot speak a word of English, they can write some on the internet or get some one else to do it for them and when meet them you see, they do not speak any English and most speak Isaan Lao and do not understand most of what I say in Thai, I went to Thai school 5 years ago for what it is worth and speak Thai daily.

If the lady would sit and get to know me a little and arrange a date for dinner or coffee, instead they hit on you within 5 minutes, there are others who I have dated a few times, when ladies get pushy and start dictating to me I tend to not be interested...

I have met some very nice women, who have invited me into their homes, invited me to stay the night in an AC bedroom sleeping by myself and that is fine when you are meeting for the first few times and have traveled to their town to meet them, But not in Kalasin...Most live in shacks with half a dozen family members here, unless they are professional women. They are not interested in getting to know you as a rule here, just the cash.

This is Kalasin these are girls 45 to 50 years old, who cannot speak a word of English, they can write some on the internet or get some one else to do it for them and when meet them you see, they do not speak any English and most speak Isaan Lao and do not understand most of what I say in Thai, I went to Thai school 5 years ago for what it is worth and speak Thai daily.

If the lady would sit and get to know me a little and arrange a date for dinner or coffee, instead they hit on you within 5 minutes, there are others who I have dated a few times, when ladies get pushy and start dictating to me I tend to not be interested...

I have met some very nice women, who have invited me into their homes, invited me to stay the night in an AC bedroom sleeping by myself and that is fine when you are meeting for the first few times and have traveled to their town to meet them, But not in Kalasin...Most live in shacks with half a dozen family members here, unless they are professional women. They are not interested in getting to know you as a rule here, just the cash.

Well, if it makes you feel better, Thai guys with a decent job typically give their girlfriends 10K bath per month, or more. Which is probably why many attractive Thai girls have multiple boyfriends... But it sounds like you're dealing with slim pickings up there. Maybe you should move this topic over to the Isaan forum. Or maybe you don't need to. Maybe there's slim pickings for all of us. I mean, how often do you see a Thai/foreigner couple that look like a good match? How often does the girl even look like someone you'd be willing to settle down with? If I had to answer my own questions I'd say almost never and rarely.

10,000 to 20,000 is the norm for most foreigners in Thailand to PAY for a girlfriend or wife. You see these foreigners EVERYWHERE !!!! That is not a relationship that is hiring a bar girl. Real love ? What a joke ![quote

In England it's called housekeeping money. No different.

Yeah a LOT of guys tell themselves that - makes them feel far less grubby and self-conscious about hiring a long-term prostitute.

"It's NORMAL to pay your wife a salary in Thailand, Bert. Almost a tradition, mate"

No, sorry but a Western woman who gets married and forgoes a career to become a housewife and mother is a far cry from an opportunistic, Thai woman who sees a life of relative ease laid out in front of her by an old wheezer in return for letting him get his end away once a week

Well, if it makes you feel better, Thai guys with a decent job typically give their girlfriends 10K bath per month, or more.

What a steaming pile of horse shit

Are there no limits to the lengths people will go to in order to justify what they do?

Who's doing what now? Anyway, if you understand Thai, then just listen to Thai girls at work or on their lunch breaks. The hot ones. All they talk about is how much money their Thai boyfriends give em, or how many gifts they got. A Thai guy once told me, "Attractive Thai girls have a lot of boyfriends." I wonder why, although I'm almost certain it's not b/c they like to get laid.

Edited by eldragon

Well, if it makes you feel better, Thai guys with a decent job typically give their girlfriends 10K bath per month, or more.

Are there no limits to the lengths people will go to in order to justify what they do?

Who's doing what now? Anyway, if you understand Thai, then just listen to Thai girls at work or on their lunch breaks. The hot ones. All they talk about is how much money their Thai boyfriends give em, or how many gifts they got. A Thai guy once told me, "Attractive Thai girls have a lot of boyfriends." I wonder why, although I'm almost certain it's not b/c they like to get laid.

Thai women like to get laid just as much as any other nationality, and they can be quite enthusiastic about it, bless them.biggrin.png

I once knew ( not in the biblical sense ) a Thai masseuse who was juggling a husband and two boyfriends, one a policeman. She wasn't what I'd call beautiful, and wasn't doing it for money. She just enjoyed sex as often as she could get it. When I asked her why, she said she liked it.

Possibly the hot ones are so into themselves they don't make a good lay.

Edited by bazza40

Are you really this naive?

They're gossiping about potential SUITORS, not boyfriends

Inept Thai men are no different from inept Western men - some will lavish gifts and spend money on a woman they're pursuing

Very, very rare for a Thai man with an ACTUAL girlfriend/wife to pay her a stipend. (removed)