Recommendations for high speed wireless internet

riorobc023

I currently have TRUE the highest option for internet speed. I've never paid for anything so bad in my life. forget about downloading anything or considering playing a game or anything that requires LAN..

Could someone so kindly recommend me a company besides TRUE that i can get real high speed internet?

thanks all

What do you have? I have normal 10/.5 ADSL and have no issues downloading - only during the normal evening hours of heavy usage will it sometimes be less - but there is a fair use limit so if you try to continually download at full speed there will be restrictions imposed.

Where are you living (approx. location)?

Do you live in an apartment/condo?

I assume you have True via a fixed line (not via mobile network) so you can change to another fixed line (DSL) operator?

Or do you have a wireless (WiFi) account using some "public" hotspot? (as the thread title implies)

If you can't obtain a 'wired' internet provider (ADSL, Cable DOCSIS, Fiber) for whatever reason (not gonna be here more than a year; have to keep moving so the 'man' doesn't find me; I'm a digital nomad; etc, etc.) then your only other option is Wireless.

As mentioned, reliable wireless Internet can be delivered over 3G/4G/LTE Mobile, short or long-range WiFi Hotspot, or Point-to-Point Wireless Broadband (ala TOT WiNet or AIS AirNet).

A little more information about your situation might help us with providing you with viable solutions.

Where are you now? How long will you be in that exact location? What kind of Internet activity are you wanting to do, ie: gaming, stocks, torrenting, live streaming, YouTube? How often, and how long? (Doing any of this on a mobile Internet connection is going to hurt).

I have true via a fixed line. Have a modem and router. Live in Prakanong/On Nut and its an apartment high rise

Supposively we don't have fiber in our complex yet, its what i was told.

i'm on the internet all day long, and the upgrade actually seemed to slow my internet down. Which is quite confusing.

I'm just looking to surf youtube, live streaming and gaming. And moreso downloading is important

i will have to verify what internet i have but i pay about 3,500 baht per month for everything included upgraded hbo sports movies etc etc, 4g for phone

I have true via a fixed line. Have a modem and router. Live in Prakanong/On Nut and its an apartment high rise

Supposively we don't have fiber in our complex yet, its what i was told.

i'm on the internet all day long, and the upgrade actually seemed to slow my internet down. Which is quite confusing.

I'm just looking to surf youtube, live streaming and gaming. And moreso downloading is important

i will have to verify what internet i have but i pay about 3,500 baht per month for everything included upgraded hbo sports movies etc etc, 4g for phone

Actually the confusing thing is your title where you want recommendations for high speed wireless internet

So you live in a central part of Bangkok where most if not all options are available.

Some readers might find it laughable, but: have you (tried at least once) to complain at True?

For such an inflated price I would not give up immediately (and I guess you are bound for one year?),

Something is really wrong here.

Watching youtube for instance should be one of the easiest tasks, as the content is mostly mirrored in the region and not coming from the US or so via sea-cable.

(Thais are happy with their internet if Youtube, Google, Facebook and some local content works fine)

Do you have any contacts/neighbors in the building that you can ask about their internet connection?

I don't have local knowledge. Suggesting another provider is a lottery.

None is free of complaints in the forum.

3BB seems to have the lowest complain rate.

Please clarify what True service do you have, aDSL or Cable DOCSIS?

What speeds are you subscribed (on paper)?

What speeds are you actually getting to True's SpeedTest server? (important, as this is your actual line speed)

What speeds do you see running TestMy.net to the various servers around the world?

If you are on Cable DOCSIS (a shared network topology) then potentially your node is oversold and subject to contention/congestion. But that should show up on the speed tests.

As KhunBENQ wrote, Google content such as YouTube are mirrored (or cached), but only if someone else has requested the same file recently. Otherwise it needs to be pulled from another server where it lives or is being currently cached.

Requesting/Pulling uncached non-local content that flows through an International Internet Gateway will always have speed issues, especially if you are pulling that content through a 'pipe' that is already congested with other people's requests.

Ask your building management (or other residents) if they allow other non TRUE providers for Internet. Many buildings have agreements preventing competing companies servicing a building. If it does allow other ISP's and you are near the BTS Line then CAT or Loxinfo High Speed Condo (Net X).

Archived