Safety valve for a bore pump

offset

I am having trouble with the pipes on the land keep blowing I am looking for a relief valve for a 2 inch pipe but every shop I ask do not know what I am talking about

At the moment I have to make sure that I have one valve open before I close the last valve I used and because my land is 350 mtrs long and the pump is at one end of the land it is becoming a problem

I think you would battle to find one outside Bangkok.

Can you put an open pipe up in the air in the system or would it have to be to high.

That is what I was thinking but I think it would be to high because there is nothing near to fix it too but I must find away because it is costing to much time in turning on valve then going back to turn the other one off, I am also worried about damaging the pump

Give it a try,go from 2" to 6" 4 metre length up in the air and see how it goes

You might need an area for the water to return to until you open your valve.

Do you think that a bigger pipe would be better I cannot work out in my mind if it would be better on not

I think it would,you just need enough volume area(weight)so when you open your valve it doesn't come out the open pipe.

By using 6" you may only have to go 4 metres high instead of 12 with 2"

Trial and error unless an engineer comes along to help.thumbsup.gif

A few bits of pvc will be a lot cheaper than a relief valve.

What sort of wand are you using after the valves,is the flow restricted much?

I think it would,you just need enough volume area(weight)so when you open your valve it doesn't come out the open pipe.

By using 6" you may only have to go 4 metres high instead of 12 with 2"

Trial and error unless an engineer comes along to help.thumbsup.gif

A few bits of pvc will be a lot cheaper than a relief valve.

What sort of wand are you using after the valves,is the flow restricted much?

Mostly one and a quarter inch hose so there is not to much restriction I will try tomorrow I think that it would need at least 8 mtrs of 2 inch pipe because on the land on my house I use the pipe to my tank which is 10 mtrs high as the relief valve to the bore pump there but I do not know how to support a 8 mtr pipe safely in the open

I have some old 3 inch pipe so I will try that first

Thank you for your help

I have just checked using 2 inch pipe that I have and at about 6 mtrs it seems to work ok but of as expected there is a slight loss of pressure which is acceptable I am not sure about trying a bigger pipe because I am still not sure that it would reduce the height by any great amount

I accept that a flow switch would do what require but I do not like the idea of the pump keep turning on and off because this will reduce the live of the pump because the most wear on the bearings happen on the start up of any pump

All I have to do now is find out a way of supporting a 6 mtr pipe

I have just checked using 2 inch pipe that I have and at about 6 mtrs it seems to work ok but of as expected there is a slight loss of pressure which is acceptable I am not sure about trying a bigger pipe because I am still not sure that it would reduce the height by any great amount

I accept that a flow switch would do what require but I do not like the idea of the pump keep turning on and off because this will reduce the live of the pump because the most wear on the bearings happen on the start up of any pump

Well its a good start.

Is there any old tv and phone masts in your area you could get your hands on.(the triangle frame ones)

The proper procedure would be a valve or switch but maintenance wise not as friendly,pump start/stopping,cleaning filters and power draw.

Just my opinion.

Edited by farmerjo

Well its a good start.

Is there any old tv and phone masts in your area you could get your hands on.(the triangle frame ones)

The proper procedure would be a valve or switch but maintenance wise not as friendly,pump start/stopping,cleaning filters and power draw.

Just my opinion.

I agree with using the simplest way with no problems I think that I have thought of a way to support the pipe I will buy a concrete 1 metre hexagon with a hole in the middle (I not know what that are used for) dig that into the ground and put a 4 metre metal pipe in it that I already have and fix the pipe to that

Thank you again for your help