PM Prayut orders immediate improvements of aviation industry

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Gen. PM hired Farang Consultants then Thailand could be brought up to speed with current FAA requirements. BUT, this will never happen as Thais know best, and don't need any help.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Farang consultants were indeed hired, and at exorbitant cost. That was one of the reasons cited when tha THAI board chairman was sacked few days ago.

Ordering them to do it..... Well works in the army.. What could go wrong?

There are probably some deaf ears in the chain of command.

Or, is there somewhere inability?

How to get into important positions?

With diligence, knowledge and experience or just with good connections?

The deficits are evident now.

Too bad that Thailand's flight operations is brought on his knees.

Edited by tomacht8

The writing has been on the wall for some time...

Only now when as they say he closes the stable door after the horse has bolted...

As I seem to recall most of these problems are due to many people in the Thai aviation industry not being qualified to do the job they do.

But there again I also am also aware that the FAA is more politically than safety motivated.

I'm with you there until your last para. Are you saying that the Thais have been downgraded more because of the political situation rather than by safety concerns? If so, I doubt it very much.

Safety and inspection certificates should not be so easy to sign off now since corruption was completely eradicated in Thailand this year, and surely the highly trained and dedicated inspectors will be now more enthuse in their work passengers come first rather than thinking how can I line my pocket from this certificate.

Why are so many blaming the PM? He can.'t possible take care of all problems in Thailand.

Yingluck promised to make Thailand the aviation hub in SEA, just talk and no action.

At least with Prayut there is a chance of improvement in this country.

I hope he will stay on as long as it takes to clean the country from corruption and nepotism.

After that is achieved, we could focus on new elections.

Never mind "but but Yingluck", we're on the general's watch now. He wanted the power so now that he has it let's see him shape up.

the dog and pony show has started, tickets for sale!!! Who wants the front row!!

just get a super large sheet and cover up the airport and planes, then you can say WHAT planes.

Cat. does not make a shoval big enough to dig a hole and shove all the bu-l sh-t of Thailand into it.

and the hits just keep comming.

If Gen. PM hired Farang Consultants then Thailand could be brought up to speed with current FAA requirements. BUT, this will never happen as Thais know best, and don't need any help.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Farang consultants were indeed hired, and at exorbitant cost. That was one of the reasons cited when tha THAI board chairman was sacked few days ago.

Maybe they should have listened to them

Why are so many blaming the PM? He can.'t possible take care of all problems in Thailand.

Yingluck promised to make Thailand the aviation hub in SEA, just talk and no action.

I hope he will stay on as long as it takes to clean the country from corruption and nepotism.

Clean the country from corruption and nepotism.

I mean anyone would think Prayuth got the job he has now on merit.

Let him stay as long as he likes. The slow downward spiral of Thailand is continuing. Their airlines aren't qualified to fly? <deleted> kind of situation is that to be perfectly honest.

If you can't get people, hire them from anywhere you like. If it's training train them, if it's spares, buy them.

DO SOMETHING..... Spend the money without pocketing any yourself and pass the bloody requirements.

The answer is simple but long term: EDUCATION.

When they start investing in education for the masses and free or cheap vocational training for more than just the elite Thailand may come into the 21st century.

If everybody would have education in Thailand,mr.P would sit in prison.

Yes right,if nothing helps and nobody else to blame,then blame it on Yingluk or better Thaksin,guess you had your attitude adjustment already

I am just wondering if you can "Order Immediate Improvement". This is a little bit like "I order all crimes in the country to cease immediately, and the criminals to come forward to receive their just punishment". It's like an emperor or king who has but little touch with reality, gets fits of temper and takes it out on his entourage. Bad performance like this has root causes, which need to be addressed, and it is very doubtful that there can be any "immediate improvement". Consistency and sustainability are the key. Not ask too much in the immediate but have good memory and come back 6 months later to see what has been done in the concrete. Fix deadlines, offer primes, threaten demotions. That is what others do in such cases. I do appreciate PM Prayut's personal interest in such matters, with the proviso that he cannot be everywhere at the same time and if it rests all on his shoulders the efforts will fail. He needs a capable team to carry such things through.

What an epic fail...they were forewarned to act, failed to act and are now on a slippery slope. The flow on effect will be a further degradation of Thai Airways as passengers opt not to pay premium category 1 prices to fly with a category 2 airline. Thai airways will struggle to prosper and succeed unless the government gets it's act together.

The category 2 listing applies to the Thai aviation controls not Thai Airways.

What an epic fail...they were forewarned to act, failed to act and are now on a slippery slope. The flow on effect will be a further degradation of Thai Airways as passengers opt not to pay premium category 1 prices to fly with a category 2 airline. Thai airways will struggle to prosper and succeed unless the government gets it's act together.

The category 2 listing applies to the Thai aviation controls not Thai Airways.

Ordering them to do it..... Well works in the army.. What could go wrong?

There are probably some deaf ears in the chain of command.

Or, is there somewhere inability?

How to get into important positions?

With diligence, knowledge and experience or just with good connections?

The deficits are evident now.

Too bad that Thailand's flight operations is brought on his knees.

Not the only industry on its knees... Could be the start of a new Hub.

Sent from my c64

Chance for improvement ??

Crashing economy

Rising debt (and you though Shins made bad debt !!)

Abject failure for water management

Multi nationals leaving

falling exports

total lack of leadership, multiple u turns and about faces

Falling house condo prices

Corruption rising

60% rise in crime

FAA bans..

Potential Euro air bans

Potential poultry export bans

Potential Seafood industry bans

Loss off free speech

Loss of free press

Loss of human rights

Countered by "we (the minority who has lost 5 elections in a row for almost 15 years) dont like Thaksin"...

But motorcycle taxis got new vests! There's been accomplishments!

Chance for improvement ??

Crashing economy

Rising debt (and you though Shins made bad debt !!)

Abject failure for water management

Multi nationals leaving

falling exports

total lack of leadership, multiple u turns and about faces

Falling house condo prices

Corruption rising

60% rise in crime

FAA bans..

Potential Euro air bans

Potential poultry export bans

Potential Seafood industry bans

Loss off free speech

Loss of free press

Loss of human rights

Countered by "we (the minority who has lost 5 elections in a row for almost 15 years) dont like Thaksin"...

But motorcycle taxis got new vests! There's been accomplishments!

...and...and...lottery tickets are down to 80baht..........

"He also blamed the present dispute in the country in which many people were quarrelling each other and wasting time on useless issues that do no good to the country and economy."

Did he try to figure out who is the cause for the present dispute?

Hint : The cause for the dispute can be discovered in the bathroom.

Isn't that something for King Ubu? Order immediate improvements... Oh my Buddha! What's next? Order corruption to stop? Order all to be in good health, ...or to be happy? Can't even write fairy tales with such material nowadays, not one single 4-year old who would believe it, ...in first world countries!