Ducati Demon info

chang14

More like your nightmare come true.

This is the "real" Ducati demon

As far as the GPX demon: it might has the look (if you are into a mini monster) but quality wise not comparable rather would choose a Honda MSX or the new Kawa KSR

Gotta love those colors - dark black and dark white !!

• Like 1

I went to the Motor Expo yesterday and saw the GPX bikes up close. I can't comment on the handling as I've never ridden one, but I don't think there will be much difference between any of these small fun bikes, be it Kawasaki, Honda or GPX.

The finish looked very good. I was actually quite surprised to see the attention to details they put into designing this bike.

One guy from GPX told me that the design team is Thai and that while still several parts come from China (as most other manufacturers do), they'll produce more and more here in Thailand. All body parts are already manufactured in TH.

The price is 54.900Baht

• Like 1

I think if Ducati were ever going to build a 125 single, it would look exactly like the above bike posted by DB. A mini air cooled Monster. I've seen them up close, and am very impressed with the design, finish, and attention to detail. If i were ever in the market for a "mini bike", i'd choose this hands down over a MSX or KSR. The step daughter also thinks it is cool, and way prefers it's looks to her blinged out KSR.

• 1 year later...

The official manufacturer is GPX and the model is for 2017 available with a 150cc engine, that gives the little extra push over the competition... You can find them here http://www.gpxthailand.com for more information. Obviously they not have any Ducati decals available, but behind MBK center in Bangkok you can find several shops that sell additional body panels and stickers, logo's and anything else you fancy....

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

More than likely the small bike is better, Ducati ride 10 miles 10 days in shop

Which model did you own?

Mine has 17,xxx kms and has been in the shop 3 times for the 1000, 6000 and 12000 km service. It is lazy, ignorant posts like yours that make this forum increasingly irritating to visit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Which model did you own?

Mine has 17,xxx kms and has been in the shop 3 times for the 1000, 6000 and 12000 km service. It is lazy, ignorant posts like yours that make this forum increasingly irritating to visit. 

I agree.

One of my riding buddy's rides a Hyperstrada and he also didn't have any problems during over 2 years ownership. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

The official manufacturer is GPX and the model is for 2017 available with a 150cc engine, that gives the little extra push over the competition... You can find them here http://www.gpxthailand.com for more information. Obviously they not have any Ducati decals available, but behind MBK center in Bangkok you can find several shops that sell additional body panels and stickers, logo's and anything else you fancy....

How much costs the 150cc?

Looks like a MSlaz for shorties.

Screen Shot 2560-04-15 at 8.21.23 AM.png

Unclear, air-cooled, or oil radiator?

Edited by papa al

1 hour ago, papa al said:

How much costs the 150cc?

Looks like a MSlaz for shorties.

Screen Shot 2560-04-15 at 8.21.23 AM.png

Unclear, air-cooled, or oil radiator?

The last time I saw a price list from GPX the price of the Demon 150 was 58,500 THB... I have to say that it was some time ago that I saw it :)

Just for additional information, Benelli also has a very similar design called the Benelli TNT135, which I think cost 59,900 THB.. I can be wrong of course...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

They've just released a faired version of this. Looks pretty cool IMO, the GF is nagging me to buy one and I have to say I'm tempted as a little BKK traffic beater.

63,xxx Baht.

Anyone had the old 150 Demon (Monster) for any length of time and can comment on reliability?

o4WRpeV.jpg

• Like 1

I don’t understand the point of these bikes, people say great for around town? Surely one would want a scooter with storage for helmet / groceries etc?
The don’t have a purpose IMO..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I don’t understand the point of these bikes, people say great for around town? Surely one would want a scooter with storage for helmet / groceries etc?

I already have a scooter and I do my grocery shopping in the car. This bike is primarily for my GF to commute to Uni where she doesn't need to take much stuff, a tiny tank bag/tail bag or backpack would be more than enough. Probably use it to pop to the local style restaurants up the road that don't have much parking outside as well. If these bikes don't have a purpose then they may as well stop making CBR150's, R15's, Mslaz, Raider etc. 

I find scooters (especially autos) pretty awful to ride and haven't ridden mine for about a year. No gears to control speed via engine braking, weird seating position, mind numbingly boring to ride, ugly looking things. The semi autos are a bit better. Each to their own though.

• Like 2

I already have a scooter and I do my grocery shopping in the car. This bike is primarily for my GF to commute to Uni where she doesn't need to take much stuff, a tiny tank bag/tail bag or backpack would be more than enough. Probably use it to pop to the local style restaurants up the road that don't have much parking outside as well. If these bikes don't have a purpose then they may as well stop making CBR150's, R15's, Mslaz, Raider etc. 

I find scooters (especially autos) pretty awful to ride and haven't ridden mine for about a year. No gears to control speed via engine braking, weird seating position, mind numbingly boring to ride, ugly looking things. The semi autos are a bit better. Each to their own though.

Fair enough if that’s what your gf uses the bike for.
Scooters serve a purpose, super easy to ride / good for storage / cheap / loads of spares and repair shops etc, they’re not for performance ‘control speed via engine breaking’....seriously??

The CB150s and that class from what I’ve seen are for the people that commute a little further, on large roads etc and it’s a poor boys buy in as wannabe big bike.

Those Mslaz units are amongst the ugliest bikes out there right now but appear to be quite popular, they must be cheap??

PS - wish I had a gf in uni - yummy ^_*

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

30 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Fair enough if that’s what your gf uses the bike for.
Scooters serve a purpose, super easy to ride / good for storage / cheap / loads of spares and repair shops etc, they’re not for performance ‘control speed via engine breaking’....seriously??

The CB150s and that class from what I’ve seen are for the people that commute a little further, on large roads etc and it’s a poor boys buy in as wannabe big bike.

Those Mslaz units are amongst the ugliest bikes out there right now but appear to be quite popular, they must be cheap??

PS - wish I had a gf in uni - yummy ^_*

The engine braking isn't for performance, it's for controlling the speed which is really helpful in heavy Bangkok traffic. Being bumper to bumper I find I have a lot more control of the bike if I can choose what gear I'm in. The auto scooters have pretty much zero engine braking, they just kind of freewheel like they're in neutral when you let off the throttle so everything depends on the brakes, which aren't exactly Brembo M50's anyway. I'll often put the bike into a lower gear and control the speed with the throttle and the brakes, rather than just the brakes.

Especially on hills. Not much of an issue in Bangkok but when I was living in Phuket it used to freak me out going over the Patong hill on an auto. If those brakes fade you better hope you can take sharp dusty corners at 80 kph, while sat like you're on the toilet :shock1:

• Like 1

The engine braking isn't for performance, it's for controlling the speed which is really helpful in heavy Bangkok traffic. Being bumper to bumper I find I have a lot more control of the bike if I can choose what gear I'm in. The auto scooters have pretty much zero engine braking, they just kind of freewheel like they're in neutral when you let off the throttle so everything depends on the brakes, which aren't exactly Brembo M50's anyway. I'll often put the bike into a lower gear and control the speed with the throttle and the brakes, rather than just the brakes.

Especially on hills. Not much of an issue in Bangkok but when I was living in Phuket it used to freak me out going over the Patong hill on an auto. If those brakes fade you better hope you can take sharp dusty corners at 80 kph, while sat like you're on the toilet :shock1:

Why are you bumper to bumper in bkk anyway, should you not be nipping through the traffic? If not I’d get BTS or take the car...

But to each their own?

10 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Why are you bumper to bumper in bkk anyway, should you not be nipping through the traffic? If not I’d get BTS or take the car...

But to each their own?

The traffic is bumper to bumper. I can be seen effortlessly filtering through the tiniest of gaps with a glorious amount of control via clutch, brakes and gearbox, occasionally glimpsing the silhouette of a melancholy farang outside 711 cramming his weekly shop of Leo and frozen Lasagne into the underseat compartment of his slightly damaged Yamaha Mio.

Only kidding :tongue:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed. Absolutely detest riding the things. In fact I don't. I refuse to ride any of the family's auto thingies. Mrs borrows the daughter's ScoobyDoo or rides her KSR, won't ride her Wave into town anymore because it's ratty, tatty, and slowly falling to bits after 80k and 12 years.

Me, if I need the shopping trolley/basket vehicle it's the Wave every time.

Being an old school Biker person I have always had a hatred for anything that was auto, small wheels and looked remotely like a Vespa/Lambretta anyway.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, JaiLai said:

You remember that book - "The Emperor's new clothes" .... ?  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes )

Scooter can't be beat for round town...

And if you don't agree - try an Aerox R model for a week and report your findings...