France shuts down three mosques and four Muslim prayer rooms

webfact

France shuts down three mosques and four Muslim prayer rooms
Alissa Rubin

Paris: The French government has shut down three mosques and several informal Muslim prayer rooms out of concern that they were contributing to Islamic radicalisation, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve announced on Wednesday.

Mr Cazeneuve told the French National Assembly that the action was necessary after the deadly terror attacks in and around Paris on November 13, which left 130 people dead and hundreds wounded. He said it was the first time that the French government had taken such a step.

"There will be complete firmness against those that preach hatred in France," he said.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/france-shuts-down-three-mosques-and-four-muslim-prayer-rooms-20151202-gle45b

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2015-12-03

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris: The French government has shut down three mosques and several informal Muslim prayer rooms out of concern that they were contributing to Islamic radicalisation, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve announced on Wednesday.

Shutting down a mosque out of concern?? all that will do is piss them off even more and incite more violence, get some concrete evidence.

The people that are inciting the voilence and hatred need to be arrested, punished and made an example of, including freezing and confiscating monies and assets of these perpetrators and thier leaders and if the assets include mosques and pray rooms then so be it.

The USA and their allies, trained up many of the leaders of these terror groups when they wanted to remove a dictator, or non complient leader of a resource rich country, from within or external force, now these people are biting the hand that fed them, and it has gone from a uprising/terror group in the middle east somewhere, to Terror, hate and conflict in our streets and back yard.

Our leaders have brought this plague upon us and now they don't know how to stop it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Edited by Rocceao

Good just a few thousand more to go

Time to stop allowing any mosques to be built in any western country TRY BUILDING church in Saudi Arabia see how far you get but they want to spread like a bad rash

WELL DONE FRANCE

Lets hope many more closures to come.

Why shut down the mosques, that wont do anything. Need to shut down the people spreading the hatred instead.

Shutting down a mosque just means they can spread the hatred in another place.

Exactly. Drive them underground.

Better to covertly watch and listen if they suspect radicals.

Sounds like a simplistic kneejerk reaction that will backfire.

Linky, on 03 Dec 2015 - 12:44, said:

Why shut down the mosques, that wont do anything. Need to shut down the people spreading the hatred instead.

To eradicate, you have to isolate. Then you start to squeeze.

There is a lot of innocent people going to get caught up in this crackdown. Make no mistake, this is the start of a severe crackdown.

Some people will have to do a whole lot of soul searching and work out where their allegiances lie.

Weakness has allowed extreme islam to establish a beach head and flourish.

It will take a firm hand to get it under control, and keep it in check.

My own country is infected by religion. Once you let a seemingly "nice" group of peole run unchecked, good chance they will become an 800 lb gorilla. It's human nature to dominate and control others. Too many examples in our hisotry to ignore, but we do, which is another human weakness.

My own country is infected by religion. Once you let a seemingly "nice" group of people run unchecked, good chance they will become an 800 lb gorilla. It's human nature to dominate and control others. Too many examples in our history to ignore, but we do, which is another human weakness.

I agree, but that is because we are free people, like to give folk a chance in life, a life not controlled by religious or other stuff, be yourself and try and smile every day, but sadly folk who have DESERTED their religious homeland cannot deal with being happy, just want to control, control theirs and try and control others. A message for these folk, you will never control others, get used to it.. ..

Yes, much better, TA.

I think what I had in mind is some with ulterior motives see the arms-wide-open attitude as stupidity, weakness, one to be exploited. There will be whinging and high pitched squealing sounds when they tighten the screws back to where they should be, but that's to be expected.

Trying to arm wrestle the 800 pound Immigration gorilla in the US is proving to be a tough slog as well.

Time to stop allowing any mosques to be built in any western country TRY BUILDING church in Saudi Arabia see how far you get but they want to spread like a bad rash

WELL DONE FRANCE

Interesting point you raise there DiamondKing.

Saudi is an abhorrent regime - not sure any Christian has any business going there or doing business with them.

I'd rather my home country not to be like that.. These sort of people show intolerance and behead as many people as the Daesh.

I find it rather odd you want to emulate them by opposing freedom.

Most Muslim countries I have been in do indeed have churches (not that I ever felt the need to go in one)

Most properly a Salafist imam, so shutting down is the right move to go for a start but of course the better option would be to arrest the imam and deport him. If he is French, cancel his citizen and send him back from where his parents came. If this is not an option, just jail him. Any followers that what to demonstrate and shout about human rights, take them in as well.

Any way their are many mosques in Europe so it isn't about a shortage really.

Took them long enough to wake up.

Now I hope MERKEL has the balls to do the same.

But I doubt it.

The Mosques in Germany are not really of a problem but Salafist in Germany are actually preaching on the streets and run complete neighborhoods. We even have a Sharia force in some parts of Germany that tell Muslims how to behave, not drink alcohol, dating German womans or guys. Those guys are more dangerous.

What Merkel should do is cancel those citizenships and send the <SNIPS> back to from where they came.

Germany has many mosques run by the Shia's and Sufi's and they well integrate but the problems are the Sunni's in Europe.

Linky, on 03 Dec 2015 - 12:44, said:

To eradicate, you have to isolate. Then you start to squeeze.

There is a lot of innocent people going to get caught up in this crackdown. Make no mistake, this is the start of a severe crackdown.

Some people will have to do a whole lot of soul searching and work out where their allegiances lie.

Germany wants to ban Burka's now and every Muslim migrant needs to confirm he/she follows the German constitution.

Some Swiss canton now enforces Burka ban and the fine is 10,000 Sfr.

As for Linky - you can buy drugs on the streets but it doesn't mean that we need to open a public space for them to buy drugs even if it will go underground. In Germany any mosque is monitored by the Verfassungschutz but Germany must soon get the laws enacted to get rid of those imams and as well of his followers. Sending back the imams will not be enough but the sympathizers too should be deported.

These other places can be shut down too, along with the hate preachers.

WELL DONE FRANCE

Couldn't agree more.

Shutting down a mosque out of concern?? all that will do is piss them off even more and incite more violence, get some concrete evidence.

The people that are inciting the voilence and hatred need to be arrested, punished and made an example of, including freezing and confiscating monies and assets of these perpetrators and thier leaders and if the assets include mosques and pray rooms then so be it.

The USA and their allies, trained up many of the leaders of these terror groups when they wanted to remove a dictator, or non complient leader of a resource rich country, from within or external force, now these people are biting the hand that fed them, and it has gone from a uprising/terror group in the middle east somewhere, to Terror, hate and conflict in our streets and back yard.

Our leaders have brought this plague upon us and now they don't know how to stop it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I agree with your 2nd. paragraph,but not the first.many mosques are a hotbed of radicalisation and in the past the authorities have been too scared to shut them down

Stupid thing to do. A mosque is just a building. The Imam will find another place to preach (a private house or rent a hall somewhere). It will simply antagonise moderate muslims.

French government have just done this to demonstrate they are 'doing something'.

France has a huge problem with large numbers of angry and disaffected unemployed young French-born muslims. The French government have (unwisely IMHO) agreed to take more muslim refugees when they can't handle the problems they already have. I think what we have seen so far is just the beginning.....

Exactly. Drive them underground.

Better to covertly watch and listen if they suspect radicals.

Sounds like a simplistic kneejerk reaction that will backfire.

well you gotta start somewhere.

My own country is infected by religion. Once you let a seemingly "nice" group of people run unchecked, good chance they will become an 800 lb gorilla. It's human nature to dominate and control others. Too many examples in our history to ignore, but we do, which is another human weakness.

I agree, but that is because we are free people, like to give folk a chance in life, a life not controlled by religious or other stuff, be yourself and try and smile every day, but sadly folk who have DESERTED their religious homeland cannot deal with being happy, just want to control, control theirs and try and control others. A message for these folk, you will never control others, get used to it.. ..

Its an unhappy religion with gullible subscribers.

Three mosques have been shut down in France since the Paris attacks as part of a crackdown on extremist activities, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said. It is the first time mosques are being closed in France “on grounds of radicalization,” AP quoted the minister as saying.

One of the mosques, 35km east of Paris in Lagny-sur-Marne, was targeted by raids early Wednesday. Police seized a 9mm revolver, a computer hard disc and extremist propaganda, Cazeneuve said.

One person was placed in custody, 22 others banned from leaving France, and nine others were put under house arrest following the raids. The two other mosques in Lyon and Gennevilliers in the Paris region were shut down last week amid a state of emergency.

Their are people on this forum that say why shut them down. Above says it all.

Great if they can shut down mosques and also ban 22 Muslims (they are not Christians by the way) from going overseas and 9 are under house arrests. Somehow 31 are under semi-arrest and the Imam got <snipped>. clap2.gif

Edited by MobileContent

Stupid thing to do. A mosque is just a building. The Imam will find another place to preach (a private house or rent a hall somewhere). It will simply antagonise moderate muslims.

French government have just done this to demonstrate they are 'doing something'.

France has a huge problem with large numbers of angry and disaffected unemployed young French-born muslims. The French government have (unwisely IMHO) agreed to take more muslim refugees when they can't handle the problems they already have. I think what we have seen so far is just the beginning.....

They found a 9mm pistol and fanatic islamic materials.

31 are under semi arrests.

Do you think that they should keep it open (who will be reponsible for it ?). Islam doesn't have a Vatican. If religious fanatics open and run the mosques they very much own the mosque.

Any fanatic <snip> is able to open a mosque in Europe.

I guess they found a video on the notebook that showed the imam preaching hatred and the other 30 followers agreed with the teaching of that particular imam otherwise they would not have rounded up 30 peoples.

Well done by the French and surely not the last one.

Edited by MobileContent

So freedom of speech only applies if its likable?

I presume that a mosque in Europe needs planning permission, fire safety, environmental compliance and financial / fiscal accountability.

Mosques and "informal" mosques and meeting places that meet the legal requirements should be allowed to operate. Those which do not should be shut down.

In the legal mosques, preachers have a legal responsibility to obey the laws on inciting racial or religious hatred.

If the Muslim / Islamic community in Europe is too passive to police itself, then the authorities have the duty / obligation to do it for them, whatever it takes.