Thai cold: Bangkok temperature dropping fast

webfact

• 1 month later...

Earlier this weekend I read an article in the Bangkok Post about an approaching cold system this Saturday and dropping temperatures in the Central Region below 20 degrees.

I thought to myself, sure, BS, no way in Bangkok. Maybe outside provinces but not below 20 degrees inside the BMA.

Especially after this hot Friday and Saturday.

And just as they forecasted, since Saturday night it is quite chilling in the centre of Bangkok.

I'm almost freezing a little. 555

But don't want to complain, it could be like this all year round.

And also have to see how long, the forecast predicted around 1 week.

What is so unusual about the cold season? seems to happen every year, here in my neck of Isaan it is only cold in the morning, evening and night, it's bloody hot during the day.

it was cold all day yesterday...will be the same tomorrow. Almost same as night. 8 to 12 degrees.(Udon)

I would not call that hot...nor is it normal.

Normal temperatures will resume by Wednesday.

Edited by slipperylobster

Down to 17° in bkk, teeth chattering...!

Yesterday, for the first time in living memory, the Thai grand-kids refused to use the pool (too cold), it was a bit nippy even for the farang grand-dad (me).

Had to chase the moths out of the woolly-pully before heading out to work at 5.45. Brrrrrrr.

All the locals are wrapped up like it's -10 in the office. Windows open, aircon off.

It feels like someone turned on the A/C but outside 555

This morning it is colder outside than in the MRT

Watched a report this morning on TV, at Phu Ruea -1,1 degrees.

Quite happy having been there last week as camping at this temperature is not comfortable.

Down to 17° in bkk, teeth chattering...!

Yesterday, for the first time in living memory, the Thai grand-kids refused to use the pool (too cold), it was a bit nippy even for the farang grand-dad (me).

Had to chase the moths out of the woolly-pully before heading out to work at 5.45. Brrrrrrr.

All the locals are wrapped up like it's -10 in the office. Windows open, aircon off.

My woolly-pully is a bit moth eaten nowaday too, but it still does the job on days like this!!

Official temperature inside!!! the greenhouse.

It's 17.8, the display is flickering.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160125_24862.jpg

What is groing in that hi-tech greenhouse?

Various hydroponic vegetable.

It's the universities' greenhouse.

But it just looks hi-tech.

It's so sad, no one knows how to use the controller. The misting spray not working. The shading connected with another greenhouse.

The usual Thai answer "it's broken"

And <deleted> you don't call the service to repair? [emoji36]

Official temperature inside!!! the greenhouse.

It's 17.8, the display is flickering.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160125_24862.jpg

What is groing in that hi-tech greenhouse?

Various hydroponic vegetable.

It's the universities' greenhouse.

But it just looks hi-tech.

It's so sad, no one knows how to use the controller. The misting spray not working. The shading connected with another greenhouse.

The usual Thai answer "it's broken"

And <deleted> you don't call the service to repair? [emoji36]

I see, i can make that controller work...guess it's not broken but has some loose wire or so. They probably called the service to repair it but it was too hard for them. Here our electric barriers are broken all the time and that takes weeks to repair them. They are very simple machines but the problem is "made in Thailand". You should see the damage on them from hitting on the passing cars. wai2.gif Those cars are not cheap models though.