F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verstappen was voted as the driver of the day, for a good reason. Some incredible driving from the young fellow.

Verstappen near crash

Max attacks at the end of the race

17 minutes ago, Mosha said:

2017 the last Singapore race?

http://singapore.coconuts.co/2016/11/21/f1-supremo-ecclestone-hits-out-singapore-gp-organisers-who-might-not-want-host-races

I did see somewhere KL may be up for a night race.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I thought KL was up for the first race using outboard motors... :cheesy:

Though after Brazil they may not now be the first choice. 

10 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Tin foil hat is on. Right, all Rosberg needs to do on Sunday, is take Hamilton and him self out on the 1st corner, and he's the champion.

Right, only the risk is he takes himself out but Lewis manages to continue

On 22/11/2016 at 0:54 AM, ignis said:

Right, only the risk is he takes himself out but Lewis manages to continue

All he needs to do is just stick behind Lewis... as long as he is on the podium he will have won the Championship.

And Ron Denis out of mclaren
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if Jenson's decision is linked to Ron's ousting. Jenson said Ron had asked him to take on the ambassadorial role.

On 11/21/2016 at 6:20 PM, Aussie69 said:

Yes Max demonstrated incredible talent in Brazil, he has gone up a few notches in my (already high) opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't keen on Max as a result of the way he's driven badly when fighting for position - but also thought his Brazil drive was very impressive.

He clearly has talent, and now just needs the stewards to penalise him a couple of times when he drives dangerously.  Not that it will happen for a while yet (if at all) as stewarding decisions seem to be largely based on 'the show' :bah:.

Having given up on the stewards to make consistent decisions - it would be far easier if F1 would bring back gravel traps.  Drivers are less likely to push their competitors off-track as it would result in an obvious penalty.  They are also going to keep within track limits as going outside would likely end their race.

Sorry - getting rid of gravel traps is a pet 'peeve' of mine and its clear that its resulted in drivers pretty much ignoring track limits when defending (no penalty)/happy to push other drivers off track (with no penalty as it wasn't race-ending for the attacking driver) etc. etc.

Edited by dick dasterdly

57 minutes ago, Mosha said:

I'm wondering if Jenson's decision is linked to Ron's ousting. Jenson said Ron had asked him to take on the ambassadorial role.

I'm not convinced that Ron and Jenson get on particularly well, bearing in mind Ron wanted to get rid of Jenson last season.

At the start, Nico should be aggressive and try to get to the lead at any cost. Lewis can't afford an collision.

If Nico doesn't manage to get the lead, Lewis tries to slow down to keep the pressure on Nico by the Ferraris and Red Bulls. Thunderbolt Max might also try to do couple of risky overtaking moves.

I'm predicting that at least Nico's race is going end before the chequered flag.

13 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Jenson is out, that's a shame.

True that. He was the gentleman F1 driver. Might be back after one year out?

Now the race and WC is really, really interesting.