F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was that clueless, barely English speaking podium interviewer? I wish they'd give up on those interviews, they are a shameful pointless celebrity wank - F1 should be better than this.

Edited by Aussie69

Who was that clueless, barely English speaking podium interviewer? I wish they'd give up on those interviews, they are a shameful pointless celebrity wank - F1 should be better than this.

Cannot disagree with that.

At least when Martin Brundle does it he knows what he is talking about.

Edited by Eclipse

Roared back in the last few laps on lesser tyres (fastest lap after fastest lap) and had Rosberg not gone into default petulant mode by taking him out, Hamilton would have smoked him on the outside. Brilliant IMO. The podium was a shambles; all that childish booing (Silverstone: look out, son of Keke), a confused girl interviewer who likely knows as much about super string theory as she does motor racing, and the exuberant, charismatic Kimi boring the pants off everyone. biggrin.png

Roll on British GP.

The booing has always annoyed me.

We've seen Seb Nico and now Lewis be booed by fans who, IMO, are 'lowering the tone'. This sounds snobbish, but its not intended that way - I just can't think of a better way of putting it! You're not happy? Fine, don't clap - but there's no call for booing.

Agree entirely that the interviewer was a waste of time in all respects, but I thought Kimi was uncharacteristically eloquent (!) - albeit his monotone always sounds boring.

I quite like the podium interviews when there's been controversy, because we get to see and hear the drivers' reactions to being questioned on those incidents. Malaysia '13 was a classic! But it does need to be a good interviewer who has a thorough understanding of F1.

Re. the Lewis/Nico collision - they've been doing their best to push each other off-track for so long now that I just consider it part of the entertainment, in the same way I considered Lewis/Massa entertainment in '11 biggrin.png .

Edited by dick dasterdly

I think the interviewer's legs were well worth of short time on the podium. Another thing she did right was the final question to Hamilton. Asking directly what he thought.

Her name is Noemi De Miguel and she is a sports journalist and tv-presenter on Spanish TV. She is told to be good interviewer. I suppose the amount of audience with F1 had an effect to her.

Now, if Merc decides to use team orders, F1 will become utterly boring as long as other teams can't really compete with their engine. At that point there is a need for Shadow F1 standings, which show the drivers and teams standings, without the Merc.

A bit of fire should be good for the publicity.

I think the interviewer's legs were well worth of short time on the podium. Another thing she did right was the final question to Hamilton. Asking directly what he thought.

Her name is Noemi De Miguel and she is a sports journalist and tv-presenter on Spanish TV. She is told to be good interviewer. I suppose the amount of audience with F1 had an effect to her.

Now, if Merc decides to use team orders, F1 will become utterly boring as long as other teams can't really compete with their engine. At that point there is a need for Shadow F1 standings, which show the drivers and teams standings, without the Merc.

A bit of fire should be good for the publicity.

Quite apart from which, team orders are irrelevant at Merc. Nico has obeyed them twice, whilst Lewis ignored them the one time they were issued in his direction.

Kimi is not the most verbal person in F1. In fact when ever he is interviewed on the podium I and my British friends burst to laughter once Kimi starts his monotone explanation why nothing else than winning a race don't really matter.

The reason why Kimi is so popular by the fans all around the world, is because he is authentic. Kimi just does the things he do, not because it's politically correct, but because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Here is a good example what Kimi is. The average guy who actually cares what is happening around him.

Mercedes final warning to Drivers.

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are on a "final warning" that they will be severely punished if they crash again but remain free to race.

Their Mercedes team said they had "strengthened our rules of engagement to include much greater deterrents to contact between our cars".

Boss Toto Wolff said the drivers faced "sporting and financial consequences".

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36733390

I think if either driver were to be penalised or less than favourable team orders were imposed they would walk, I assume the hold up with NIco's new contract is he wants equal pay to Lewis.

Edited by Basil B

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are on a "final warning" that they will be severely punished if they crash again but remain free to race.

Their Mercedes team said they had "strengthened our rules of engagement to include much greater deterrents to contact between our cars".

bbclogo.jpg

I think if either driver were to be penalised or less than favourable team orders were imposed they would walk, I assume the hold up with NIco's new contract is he wants equal pay to Lewis.

What exactly would a team imposed sporting consequence be?

Someone made a Friends style video of Merchedes F1 team and the resent collisions. Not to be taken too seriously.

Not sure if this shows in here, click the link if it doesn't.

bbclogo.jpg

What exactly would a team imposed sporting consequence be?

Suspension...

Maybe Toto will give Suzy a ride... crazy.gif

33 Classic Kimi quotes

https://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2012/10/18/33-classic-kimi-quotes/

I love him more than any comedian.

I'm not particularly a Kimi fan and find some of his comments pretty arrogant - , but I love some of his dead-pan quotes.

Quote numbers 2, 3, 13, 20 and 24 are my favourites laugh.png .

What about quote 30 ... I'm a big LH fan but that amused me ...

and the 'Now' in #19 ... love it

Edited by JAS21

Good job Lewis. I love this track, and aside from pace car business, those weather conditions wet, semi, dry always makes for great race.

Can't say I am a fan of those 'Emirates' Middle East costumes on the way to the cool down room, I mean it doesn't really represent England.

Good job Lewis. I love this track, and aside from pace car business, those weather conditions wet, semi, dry always makes for great race.

Can't say I am a fan of those 'Emirates' Middle East costumes on the way to the cool down room, I mean it doesn't really represent England.

Emirates is a big sponsor and their uniforms very recognisable ...But certainly not sexy.

Well for Lewis not much to write home about, spent most of the race out in front in engine saving mode.

As for the radio chit chat ...well the stewards are still deliberating, IMHO Nico would not have come second, probably not finished the race had he not had instructions from his engineers how to rectify the problem with his gear box, so if they disqualified him I would not disagree with there decision ...but I am a Lewis fan so I would say thatgiggle.gif

I do not give with all the booing, some British fans bringing themselves down to the level of some of the German fans.coffee1.gif

The start of the race was an anticlimax. Why to drive behind the safety car until the teams are ready to switch from wet tires to the intermediate tires?

It would have been interesting to see a real start, with all the action, instead of this overly safe version of "start".

If the F1 safety board wish to dry the track fast, then please have few helicopters to fly low over the track to blow the excess water out of the track. Brits have the Chinook helicopters, which would have given a great new excitement for the audience if those would have been used to dry the track.

After that, the race looked exactly what F1 race should be on every track. There were a lot of driver mistakes, which good drivers were able to recover from. Driver mistakes, which costed good amount of time even for the best drivers.

After the lap of 40 or so, the race became as boring as a F1 race can be. After Rosberg overtook Verstappen, there was nothing to watch anymore.

So, the rain was good. F1 was overly protective at start. Great racing when the track was still wet. Boring when there were no more driver errors.

How to make the F1 a sport, where each driver make one or multiple errors, which cost good amount of time, during each race? The balance of the best drivers doing one or two errors, while the not so good would do many more. That is the F1 what would be exiting to watch.

Btw. I have to give it to Hamilton. This time, during the podium interview Hamilton sounded like a normal human being, instead of being an android, repeating the love message from planet Mercedes. It sounded that he was talking his own real feelings.

The start behind the safety car was just silly. If they can't race in wet conditions then they shouldn't bother taking wet tyres with them.

Solid drive from Hamilton. Rosberg was struggling in the early wet stages as expected. And another great race from Verstappen. 2nd, after Rosberg was given a 10sec time penalty. In his first ever 6 races in the Red Bull car he has already collected a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th place finish. More to come from Mad Max, and wouldn't surprise me if he finishes this season 3rd overall.

Edited by Gulfsailor

Mercedes radio advice and the 10 second penalty given by stewards defines the radio rules and the penalties at least to the end of this season.

From now on, the teams know what kind of penalty they will get from giving advices via the radio. F1 teams being extremely competitive, will calculate what kind of message is worth of 10 seconds added to the race time.